Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

Keywords

• Reply to topic

Ivory Garden - Fact or Fiction?

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Ivory Garden - Fact or Fiction?

Post by felicity on 5/6/2012, 2:06 pm

Ivory Garden Fact or Fiction:

1).  Our moderators are here to 'police' members.  Fiction-

Our moderators are here to support members - available for questions, advice on how to get around the board, etc.  No one here polices 'members'.  We are here to work together.  Everyone does their part - including members - to make this a safe place for everyone.

2). Littles and teens can write anywhere on the board and in chat where the member has access.  Fact

Everyone is welcome to write anywhere on the board - with the exception of the little and teen areas - which are set aside for them.  

3).  Members cannot discuss SRA/MC in chat.  Fact

But, you may discuss SRA/MC anywhere on the board, including in the SRA/MC section.  

4). You can come here and talk about your experiences on other boards and ours' - including members and staff - as long as it is part of 'your' need to gain support.  Gossip, sharing discussions between other members and staff, etc. is always okay.  On this board, we all love drama.  Fiction.

Please, please - if you are caught in some drama with anyone from here or elsewhere, leave it outside this board.  Here is a safe place where we can concentrate on positive healing.

5).  We restrict members' expression.  Fact

We have written disclaimer and guidelines in order to help you know what is appropriate to express and what is not.  Our guidelines all revolve around each member taking responsibility for thinking before writing - how will others react?  It is important that we all respect and validate each other.

6).  All pm's and emails from staff, including member's reactions to them, should be immediately shared on our board, and chat - as well as any other board members may belong to.   Fiction

We have guidelines concerning confidentiality -

7). We encourage members to pm other members for support, to request personal information, and to make as many friends as they can.  Fiction

Please interact on the board as a part of the community.  We cannot monitor the pm system.

8) We encourage members to pm or email staff for board support or to ask questions and update.  Fact

Please feel free to always pm or email staff if you need anything.  We are here for you.

9)  We are a fairly new board - with unprofessional, controlling, and inexperienced staff members.  Fiction

Our board has been active for some 11 years.  Our staff has a combined experience of some 20 years plus on the internet and running and participating within online communities.

10)  All of our members are either not or newly diagnosed with DID.  Fiction

Many of our members are integrated, partially integrated, been diagnosed for many years, newly diagnosed or 'not' officially diagnosed.  We have several members who have other dissociative disorder such as DDNOS or PTSD/C-PTSD.  There is a huge range of ages, gender, place of origin, etc.  

11) Regardless of your intention, you will be in big trouble if you break any of our guidelines.  Fiction

We all make mistakes - we are all able to work things out to set things right.  Misunderstandings can be terribly hurtful and should be straightened out asap.  Arguing, name-calling, judging others, creating dramas, gossiping, and continuing to push boundaries is just not acceptable behavior here.  

12)  This board was created by a bunch of friends who just wanted a place to talk and goof off.  Fiction

This board was created with a clear focus and goal - a safe place where members could come and concentrate on positive, productive healing discussion and expression without fear of censorship, judgement, or disrespect.

13) The owner of this board is uneducated, inexperienced, and unfair, controlling, and unqualified.  Fiction

The owner of this board has 2 Masters degrees - in the areas of psychology and education.  Studies have included writing, language arts, psychology, research in the area of language development.  She has published several short stories, poetry, psych journals, and critiques.  She has worked as an accountant, financial adviser, special ed teacher, and Realtor.  She has raised 2 boys of her own and over 20 teenage foster children.  She has been working on the internet and with webdesign since the very first computer came around.  yeeha.  She runs the board fairly and with respect of all members.  

14)  If a member has a problem with another member or staff, they should immediately pm the community and ask if others feel the same - or better yet, stuff it and don't tell anyone.  Fiction

Please, please - if you even perceive a problem with another member, please let an administrator know right away.  Staff can help tremendously in sorting out anything.

15) This is a place where members can come and feel comfortable to express with dignity, requesting what they need - without fear of judgement or rejection.  Fact

16) We encourage member to keep staff updated and knowledgeable when things happen that they should know about.  Fact

It is important that staff knows what is happening within the community in order to keep the board safe.  Never worry about being a 'tattle-tale' - or that you will get someone in trouble.  Everyone is able to express their intentions.

17) Everyone who comes here is accepted 'as they are' without judgement.  Fact

Everyone is given time to decide or demonstrate whether this group will be beneficial to them.

18)  This board is beneficial to all members.  Fiction

Not everyone gets along everywhere.  There will always be members who just don't feel comfy for whatever reason.  

19)  All members who belong here should be loyal to our board and feel guilty if they go elsewhere.  Fiction

We NEVER ask anyone to feel loyal to us.  To feel proud to be a member here is great.  

20)  This is a great board with some of the most amazing people I have ever met.  Fact

Last edited by felicity on 3/24/2016, 11:11 am; edited 3 times in total

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com

glasscastle
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Re: Ivory Garden - Fact or Fiction?

Post by glasscastle on 5/6/2012, 2:13 pm

HI5!!!
sasha69
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by sasha69 on 5/6/2012, 2:21 pm

fecility,
this place has given those within me a safe place to heal in grow for that you have our loyalty.

At times we feel bad because we are either on here non stop because that is what our inner family family needs or down time as we are shorting the memiors that are over whelming us.

As a body with many members I to understand that we can not get along with everybody but hope that all those within me has finely learned the grace of moving on instead of standing on an issues that already has it differents sides and point of veiw.

we hope that we are now to the point to allow others to go in peace.

mysticmirror
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by mysticmirror on 5/6/2012, 2:23 pm

This is great Felicity!!!!!!!!!!

I second that high 5

Old Soul
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Old Soul on 5/6/2012, 2:25 pm

Fact- this was the first place I came to after finding I was DID

Fact-I have only received support, and guidance from people here

Fact-I feel it is a well run board, with lots of different people and lots of different expriences that has helped me feel more comfortable in my own skin

Thank you Falicity, Shadow, and moderators for the creation and the dilligant maintanance of this board, your caring, to this community is unserpassed.
neverendingnights
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by neverendingnights on 5/6/2012, 2:28 pm

Wow, it is really a shame to think that some people may think the staff (and myself) are abusers and part of the "problem". That really, really disturbs me.

This is just my opinion - being a staff member is "no big deal" - meaning we are just members, are active, post our problems and give support - just like everyone else. There is no us and them... there is no gossiping between staff members about other members... nothing like that. Most of what we do is add trigger warnings and move posts that are more suited for a different part of the forum. That's it.

I am proud to be a staff member here and honestly cannot fathom a board that could be run better - DID board or otherwise. Felicity you do a great job as our fearless leader (hehe), and I really hope anyone who has concerns about the safety or integrity of the board will contact felicity or other admins. Safety is the #1 concern of the staff.
neverendingnights
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by neverendingnights on 5/6/2012, 2:35 pm

Mods and admins are not perfect and make mistakes - but always try to fix them. - Fact
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 5/6/2012, 3:15 pm

We will be around for many, many years to come. fact

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 5/6/2012, 9:35 pm

this has been the most fulfilling board i have ever been a part of.
being a mod here is fulfilling and just being here and reading things by all types of people from all over the world with all types of systems gives me and mine a knowledge i would never have otherwise.
(whoever said that about staff here being ab*sive is very distressing to me too)
me and mine belong to the Ivory Gardens Fan CluB!
"fact"
oh yeh and I also give it a Hi5!!

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com

Post by Guest on 5/6/2012, 11:51 pm

Thank you for being amazing Felicity. This was very well written and I think very helpful. Even for me. I too am disturbed that the Admins/Mods here would ever be called a*users. This is THE most caring group of people I have ever met. I have never felt more at home anywhere in my entire life.
Thank you to everyone for being here. You make this place very special.
(I think that is a Hi5!!)
jellio
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by jellio on 5/7/2012, 12:00 am

when I read what you heard from a member I thought this isnt a description of IG. This place is great everyone is so supporting. How could someone come to the conclusion they did unless its a disturbed alter that has some type of transference.

I know I am a mod now but I started as orange like every one else.

I am sorry Felicity that you got such an untrue message. we love this site and we are very grateful to be part of it

Jellio

KaliWings
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by KaliWings on 5/7/2012, 12:33 am

Ivory Gardens is the only online community that I belong to and have found it to be so supportive and caring. If I'm in a down mood, people are around to just listen. Sometimes that is all we need... to be heard and validated... and I feel I get that here. People also celebrate the good times with me too.

There was nothing like this board when I was first Dx and am so glad I decided to do some research and find this place. It's been a wonderful resource for me. To ask a question and not feel like I'm going to be treated as "crazy" is so wonderful.

i like that i can say my own things and have spelling errers and not let sumbody big fix them for me.-tracey

Thank you for all you and the staff at IG do. You're all awesome!

LinkinParkChick
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by LinkinParkChick on 5/7/2012, 1:08 am

we were diagnosed with DID in 2003 and looked online for years to find a place that was 'home' to us. three years ago we found IG and it became home. -FACT

we believe that because this board is 'home' to us that it will be 'home for everyone - FICTION

we had to leave all the other online support groups in order to be here. -FICTION

we keep the boards separate. what happens here, stays here. - FACT

we have always been respected by staff here - FACT

we have always been treated with kindness by other members, even if there was a disagreement. - FACT

we have made mistakes on where to post things on the board, and the posts were moved, yet we were never in trouble - FACT

we've been asked to remove something from our signature that could possibly trigger someone and again, we were never in trouble or treated poorly - FACT

we believe that felicity is the best and we don't feel like she 'needs' to explain herself although we understand why she did - FACT

we would have never had the strength to admit our diagnosis to face2face people, if not for the support of IG - FACT

we love IG -FACT

Miracle
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Miracle on 5/7/2012, 3:39 am

We love our IGDID home! It is our safe place to get away from the stressors of every day life and be with friends and just have fun, and to gain support when we need it. Even when we are away for periods due to illness, hospitalizations, or simply internal struggles we think about IGDID every day and miss our friends terribly. It may strange to some people, but IGDID feels as "real" to us as anything off the internet. It doesn't feel like we are just typing on a keyboard and then waiting for anyone to respond... we are talking to our friends. I know some people don't really like online forums because of the "waiting game"... posting and waiting who knows how long for someone to respond, but we don't mind it because we know that when we do get responses they will be heartfelt, supportive, and often very helpful.
Tori
10,000+ Posts
10,000+ Posts

Post by Tori on 5/7/2012, 5:20 am

FACT - I have been an active member for approximately 2 years and have felt that the 'professionalism' and safety on this board is beyond anything that I could ever have imagined.

FACT - I have gained much, much knowledge from the owner, administrators and dedicated moderators.

FACT - I had issues with a troll and I had NO IDEA it was happening. I am so naive. If it weren't for the staff managing this board I could have been used, they took quick action and made sure I was kept safe.

FACT - I have interacted with so many caring, considerate, genuine people on Ivory Gardens that have helped me through considerable issues.

FACT - My very cautious Therapist has reviewed this board and IS SO VERY GLAD I AM PART OF THIS COMMUNITY.

FACT - I've posted in the wrong place a few times and was gently reminded where the post should have gone, never reprimanded.
Allie
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Allie on 5/7/2012, 6:53 am

Fact, the staff is very receptive to concerns from members.

Fact, the community here is warm, accepting and non judgemental,

Ok so technically those are my opinions, but I consider them fact.
And Felicity, I was actually shocked to read that someone called the staff abusers!!
I shouldn't be because i know their are trolls around,

I just feel so safe here,

and another Hi5!

shadowetal
10,000+ Posts
10,000+ Posts

Post by shadowetal on 5/7/2012, 7:46 am

Fact-we have amazing members here that are caring and supportive.

Fact- this is a great place to call home.

Fact- the staff works hard here to keep everyone safe.

Thanks Felicity and staff for all your hard work.

Post by Guest on 5/7/2012, 7:56 am

this is a place i finally feel safe to be me, i am sorry people dont understand and therefor want to bash it. i think everyone here is very supportive and i am sure a lot of people would not be handling their dx without the support of everyone here. thank you for what you do and keep on doing it no matter what they say, there will alway be people that dont understand, but we dont have to listen to their negitivity.

Mic14
10,000+ Posts
10,000+ Posts

Post by Mic14 on 5/7/2012, 8:05 am

Fact-I had no idea how important this site would become to me

Fact-Ive been able to avoid many crisis situations by having a place to vent and recieve support

Fact - I was scared out of my mind to participate-now I cant not go without

Fact-I thank you Felicity, Shadow, Mystic and all the staff for making this place drama free and safe

Thanks for writing this up Felicity I think it'll help clear things up for people, like you said we have many wonderful new members that may not know these things

Marsha251
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Marsha251 on 5/7/2012, 12:51 pm

We are fairly new here, but can easily say we have never found a place where we can get so much good support, affirmation and information! Enough so that this morning we wrote down the site to give to our T so he can check it out for himself and share with others. I am really sorry to hear that there are people who would intentionally come in and try to sabotage all the great work being done here. And Joan, thanks for sharing your experience with the troll. That makes us feel safer yet, to know the staff are monitoring and watching out for the rest of us! Felicity and all of you do such a splendid work! Thank you for sharing with us. That openness adds to the credibility of the site!
StarryNight
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by StarryNight on 5/24/2012, 8:39 pm

I just want to say thanks for posting this!

I and my littles feel so much safer after reading this. And that's after I was already about to post about how amazing this place is and how caring everyone is. I know I'm very new and all, but this place and everyone here have already been such a blessing to me. Learning about my dissociation and my parts has been very scary and stressful and overwhelming, but here I know I'm not alone and that there are others who understand and are like me. I hope to help others some day just as much as others here have already helped me :)
Mike
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Mike on 6/15/2012, 11:38 am

I am new here and I'm likely outside the box here but I'm glad to hear theres the odd problem or hassle here. The fact they get dealt with and resolved is right on. Hearing there is the odd hassle tells me this place is real and not some fluffed up fantasy world. I spent a lotta my life living anything but reality. I'll trust real any day over anything else, regardless how tough it might be at times. I remember my first t telling me theres lots of people looking for recovery/healing .. some actually want it. I want it and thats why I'm here.

LinkinParkChick
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by LinkinParkChick on 6/15/2012, 4:19 pm

I reckon I'm outside the box with you. :)

cher12
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by cher12 on 6/15/2012, 5:01 pm

This is the first and only place we have come on the net and have had nothing but positive interaction with everyone here. We struggle a great deal to talk to people but have found that feeling safe, not judged and accepted no matter what has really saved our life in the past year. We are grateful to have a place where people get us and understand. Hopefully soon will be in a better shape emotionally to help and contribute more. Thanks to everyone for having a place we can be accepted and not judged.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 6/15/2012, 5:11 pm

Fact - there is no judgement here.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Sals Pals
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Sals Pals on 7/16/2012, 1:40 pm

Grateful for a place to go and talk and be safe? You betcha! Thank you Felicity.
mosaic_hearts
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by mosaic_hearts on 7/24/2012, 12:16 am

~TW for writing about bullying~

I'm very new to Ivory Garden, having joined this community a few days ago. However, I was -and still am- struck by the the welcome, respect, and support that I received and continue to receive here. It upsets me greatly to learn that people join a forum such as this one only to create chaos and havoc. Personally, I'm glad that administrators and moderators are doing such a wonderful job of keeping Ivory Garden safe for all members. I feel secure -as a "newbie"- to risk being myself without fear of ridicule or reprisal. As a person with a severe history of bullying throughout childhood/adolescence, this is very important to me. (And us.) Thank you, Ivory Garden!

Maggie1971
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 8/7/2012, 1:31 pm

there is bullying of any kind here - fiction

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
mykaleidoscope
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by mykaleidoscope on 8/7/2012, 1:52 pm

This board has been very good for me. My T encouraged me to find Internet support for DID because I had benefitted from a support group for my husband's medical problem.

Bingo, I found it on my first try and have been very pleased. Cautious at first, but more and more comfortable. My T is pleased also, believing it will help me.

Thanks for making it a safe place where we can come.
christina13
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by christina13 on 12/5/2012, 7:43 pm

I haven't been here for long but I'm beginning to feel safe here. It seems we can be ourselves.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 2/12/2013, 10:35 am

You can be yourself here - fact

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Sals Pals
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Sals Pals on 2/13/2013, 4:43 pm

You can use all the cool icons as much as you want!!!

ScrambledMedley
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by ScrambledMedley on 6/15/2013, 4:57 pm

Fact~I am so happy that this is the board that we intuitively chose after the DID diagnosis. We have been helped by many awesome members when things have not been going right in life.

Fact~wrote something that shouldn't have been on the board but we didn't feel punished when it was removed. A kind message was sent by a mod and we understood why it wasn't appropriate to be posted.

Fact~I love this forum because we can express the "inners" feelings here without being judged. It is a relief to have chosen this board and I'm really grateful to be a member here. Thank you, Felicity, for a place to go to and for your and everyones hard work to keep it going. It means a lot more than you know.

Marsha251
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Marsha251 on 6/16/2013, 9:48 pm

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 9/18/2013, 8:17 am

We charge money to belong and or join here -

We ask for a subscription donation in order to keep the forums running smoothly - it isn't much - as, the staff often ends up covering the costs. Thank you to all who donate and subscribe.

Last edited by felicity on 3/24/2016, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
mystory
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by mystory on 10/31/2013, 8:34 pm

It's just that this board caters to people like me and I find that it is a place I need and want to be. I am new, still searching around but I have much gratitude for what I've observed.

I'm baffled that people would say negative things but alternately encouraged by reading how so many people have had totally opposite and good experiences here.

I will stay because everyone deserves a chance and because I see a group moving forward with plans and taking it all to new heights.

krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/1/2013, 1:14 pm

in many ways i learned to get along better by having the practice that i had from posting here, and now feel less shy than i did -some of this predated DID
true

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com

Post by Guest on 1/12/2014, 2:18 am

Hi

Fact we are amongst the newest members here
Fact it was not our first site
Fact we are still finding our way around
Fact it does not surprise us there are negative roumers around (where there is success...)
Fact the acknowledgement of these roumers is positive (not hidden or covered up)
Fact the owner, admin and mods are willing to be 'human'
Fact the site couldn't be as it is without the hard workers behind the scenes
Fact we have read lots of fan mail here, but some very positive experiences as well

Fact or fiction? The people in the Garden make the place what it is, not the owner, admin or mods

AlwaysUs

Post by Guest on 2/1/2014, 4:46 pm

Sorry you had to spend time "clarifying" some ridiculous notions. Nonetheless glad you're on top of it. I have laid low for a long time and with all the recent emphasis on safety and respectful posting I may now begin posting as well as frequently reading and digesting. As usual, thanks for all you do Felicity and admin.

bethanknee
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 2/1/2014, 9:19 pm

there are some very interesting places in the Garden here -regardless of who wrote them.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 7/22/2017, 3:50 am