Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

Keywords

• Reply to topic

"I'VE JUST DISCOVERED I'M MULTIPLE - WHAT SHOULD I KNOW?" - for significant others

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

"I'VE JUST DISCOVERED I'M MULTIPLE - WHAT SHOULD I KNOW?" - for significant others

Post by felicity on 5/24/2012, 7:27 pm

I'VE JUST DISCOVERED I'M MULTIPLE - WHAT SHOULD I KNOW?
compiled by Jeff Vineburg (jeffv@op.net)

You know what? I'm just a SO. I have no idea how it feels, other than what I've read. I'm going to let others who are dissociative tell you first hand. Just know this: there are others out there just like you. You are not weird, you are not a freak; the things that you feel are quite common. Talk to other multiples and find out just how normal you are.

Here are a few symptoms of DID:

huge gaps and time losses
you keep popping into the middle of conversations
people that you do not know recognize you (this could also mean you're famous)
you hear many voices from different people inside you
you sometimes feel like different people
unexplained happenings and purchases
headaches, headaches, headaches
self-mutilation

Rainbow Colors (of the newsgroup alt.support.dissociation) wants you to know: You aren't crazy, there really is something going on and it has nothing to do with being crazy! Dissociation is a survival skill used to keep you alive in a traumatic event. 97% of all multiples in therapy remember something traumatic so the chances are good you will too. This can be medical, sexual, physical or some natural disaster. The important thing is that it is something that happened more than once and you couldn't deal with it in any other way. It is important to find someone external to your system to do reality checks with. This could be an SO, a friend, a therapist or whatever. Make sure the person is validating and safe and then use them to check out any misperceptions you have that are causing you trouble. And most important, you are NOT alone! Shiloh talks about art therapy: art has been increasingly helpful for me. I get a big dirty mound of clay and make it into whatever. Usually it travels from my gut through my heart and through my fingertips; always bypassing my brain. This is good. I don't have to think. Just create. I love to see what is in my gut and how my heart interprets this. i fire the little creations in a kiln and display them for all the world to see. Personally i think that they are a little on the strange side, but people seem to either really like it, or really hate it.
WHAT CAN I TELL MY S.O. ABOUT TRYING TO HELP ME?

What seems like arbitrary behavior without reason isn't. We _are_ genuinely just as confused as you are about all of this. If we could, we would stop it! It _really_ doesn't matter what the SO thinks of multiplicity. It could be facets or parts, it could be all delusional, it could be possession by aliens *grin*, it doesn't matter. All that matters is what the person who is multiple believes it to be. This is a major ego shock to many people, but it is vital to getting along with a multiple. (many therapists have trouble with this as well)

While in therapy we will be working on changing unsuccessful behaviors, learning new coping skills, and changing some basic aspects of ourselves. This is hard work! We are going to act very odd at times; it won't be a quick process. If you can't cope say so and get help or get out, don't lie and drag it out. This just gets in the way. Our therapy isn't about you (the SO). You really have no business being involved unless we want you to be and then only in the ways we want it to be. This problem isn't because of you and it isn't about you so you don't get to be involved just because you want to be. (again, a harsh ego slap that many people have trouble with)

Accept what we believe and work from that framework. Any changes will come from therapy and not from the SO. Let us go at our pace and accept that this will be a _long_ process. Remember, we aren't doing this for fun and if we could we wouldn't do it at all!!!
WHAT BUGS YOU ABOUT YOUR SPOUSE?

A nice person sent this to me: It is the worst, in my opinion, for someone to ask me who is there. I mean when someone says. " And who am I talking with now. " I know sometimes the SO can't get around this sort of question, but it does not make any of us feel like a human.

[Note to Partners: at times, it *is* important to know who's out - work out something with your SO.]
HUMOR

I put together some dissociative humor. Laughter is the best medicine, and I hope you get a grin from it. If you know of any d.i.d. jokes, please forward them. My stuff is the first group, right up to the second double line. The rest is stolen/contributed. ================================================================== >>Which brings to mind a comedy sketch involving a roomful of dissociative people trying to make dinner....

Hey, um..... You.... I'm hungry.. could we make dinner now?

Huh?

I wanna eat. Let's make something.

Huh? Uh- what? Ok.

What do you want to eat?

Umm... I don't know.

Ok, hand me the thing...

What thing?

You Know.. the THING. Over there....

Oh.

Well?

Well what?

Hand me the thing.

What thing?

[phone rings] I'll put the phone in the oven.

The what?

The phone.

In the oven?

Yes, what's wrong with that?

You don't put the phone in the oven... they're too tough to eat.

I know that.

Then why did you tell me to put the phone in the oven?

I said no such thing.

Yes you did.

You're making this up....

Huh?

You're making it up.

Making WHAT up?

The oven.

What about the oven?

Aren't we going to eat?

I'm not hungry.

You just said you were hungry.

No I didn't. [ad nauseam] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

True Hospital Humor: It was becoming time to take a trip to the hospital, so I called the hospital to get my SO precertified:

Me: Hello, I need to call in an admission.

Hosp: Sure, what's the problem?

Me: my girlfriend is hearing voices

Hosp: what are they saying?

Me: I don't know, I can't hear them. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's Out First (a parody of Who's On First)

Ok, so who's out first?

No Who was out yesterday.

Who?

Yes, Who.

Ok, I'm asking you who was out and you're telling me Who?

Yes, Who.

Well who are you?

I'm not Who, I'm Nobody.

Nobody?

Nobody.

But you can't be nobody - you have to be somebody.

No, Somebody's generally angry.

Who is angry?

No, Who is happy.

Angry is also angry.

Of course angry is angry, but you're definitely somebody.

No, I'm Nobody.

Ok, let me see if I have this.... you're no one..

No, I'm Nobody.... No One was out this morning.

No one was out?

Yeah, No one.

Well if no one was out, who was I talking to?

No One.

Nobody?

No - No One.

Something's wrong here....

No, Something has been sleeping for a while.

Who has been sleeping?

No, Something has been sleeping. Who was out yesterday.

But something has to be someone, doesn't he?

No, Someone is a he, Something is a she.

Huh?

Huh is asexual.

Huh?

Yeah, Huh.

Excuse me, I'm going to commit suicide.

You can't - that's Suicide's job. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts on hearing voices...

May the voices you hear all be pleasant ones.

If the voice tells you to get born again or pay more taxes, seek help.

If the voice tells you to see a doctor, it's mine.

When the voices suggest bizarre sex acts that don't involve blo*d, they just might be good ideas.

If the voice tells you to get cooking, it is a wise one.

Ignore any seemingly wonderful ideas to stuff a toothbrush down your throat, whistle tv themes, or contribute to Pat Buchanan's campaign.

If they say you don't deserve a bath, tell them to take up residence with a compulsive.

Never listen to advice on killing people in your immediate household.

Did you ever notice that people don't hear voices telling them to clean the house and vacuum the rugs?

If they start to pick on you and call you names, remind them that they're just fragments, while you have a real job and a dog. HA!

Q) How many dissociatives does it take to change a light bulb?

A1) What?

A2) None. Something horrible will happen if I try.

A3) None - I can hallucinate just fine without light.

A4) We need to buy more plants. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking of selling T-shirts. Remember the "I'm with Stupid" T-shirts? How about "I'm with Them" T-shirts ?????

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A SINGLETON WHEN.....

You start using the pronoun `I'.
You get a party line because you miss the voices.
One first name is suddenly enough.
Switching now refers only to long distance phone service.
If you hear voices now, you're schizophrenic.
`I forgot' is no longer an excuse.
It suddenly occurs to you that you had a childhood.
To keep your SO on his/her toes, you imitate an alter every now and then.
When you mess up, you can no longer blame it on somebody else.
DID becomes just a past-tense verb.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

How many times have you heard this phrase from a `professional'?

"There is no such thing as d.i.d."

Ok, fine, now you tell *them* that. --------------------------------------------------------------------

Systems come in incredibly different varieties, with all sorts of interesting quirks. We discovered that this one alter took diet pills. We were just wondering if that alter could become co-conscious with the alter who was crazy about chocolate and cut a deal.... -------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it ok for me to refer to my SO as my `other halves'? -------------------------------------------------------------------

Why oh Why Can't I Win?

For whatever reason, whenever I walk into the bedroom, I get my SO's protector alt, who tries to engage me in a fight to get rid of me. We have a dog. He was also abused (my therapist would have a field day with this information). When I come into the room, he growls at me. Lovely.... no matter when I go in, someone growls at me.

And some nights, both of them start..... Hmmm.... maybe he's multiple too. Yes folks, it's Dissociative Dog! I can just see it now..... when I come into the room, his protector alt comes out and growls at me. I think it's a Pit Bull, but I can't find his helpful alt to ask him. Lately, his puppy alt has also been active.

Of course we're now faced with a really difficult problem, in reference to therapy. My SO's therp lets the dog come along, but he doesn't seem to be getting any benefit from it. Might be the language barrier. His diagnosis list must be longer than hers by now; neurosis, halitosis, MPD, and hallucinations. I know he can hear the refrigerator talking to him, because he sits near it and watches. And how in the world are we going to pay for *another* family member in therapy? Blue Cross refuses to cover him as my child, even though the therp accepts it.

Don't even get me started on his breath..... ================================================================== There's also; I'm not multiple, they are

Voices, what voices? Shut up in there

I keep telling the others inside they don't exist, but they just laugh at me :)

Q: How many multiples does it take to change a light bulb?

A.: mak dat tinajer do it, me scar lectrissy!!! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We saw this on a bulletin board at the office we've been working at, and thought it was funny. :) It said: --------

HELLO, Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline!

* If you are obsessive-compulsive, Please press 1 REPEATEDLY.
* If you are co-dependent, Please ask someone if it's OK to press 2.
* If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5 and 6.
* If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
* If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
* If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.

ONLINE RESOURCES

One of the first places to go (when you're done here) is the Sidran Foundation "http://www.access.digex.net/~sidran/"

Once there, you'll find all sorts of resources for DID's, SO's, and therapists.
To get information about the SO email list, email "snuffy@psnw.com"

"http://www.geocities.com/Athens/3059/" LOADS of links to stuff dealing with MPD and dissociation of a lesser degree.

IRC (internet relay chat) There is one IRC network,dal.net, which has a MPD support
channel...#divided. The telnet address I use to access dalnet is davis.dal.net
Once you get there, just type /join #divided.

THE READING LIST
Download a comprehensive reading list. [book did for forum.zip, 22.4k]

Here are some books and online ways to learn about DID and to help with support.

_When Rabbit Howls_ by the Troops of Truddi Chase is great, but I hear it's also
triggering.

The Flock is a personal favorite.

mouse likes this one:
_Obsidian Mirror_ by Louise Wisechild, is VERY good, and in a similar
vein, though I don't remember if it deals with DID or not, but it does
describe severe sadistic chronic familial abuse. I think its relevant.

(James Smith recommends these)
"Someone I Know has Multiple Personalities" by Sandra J. Hocking ISBN
1-877872-08-3 is a basic primer.

"Reaching for the Light" by Emilie P. Rose ISBN 0-8298-1079-x is a RA
recovery guide that discusses MP throughout. OK even for agnostics.

(Rudolph P. Brinker sent this list along)
"Through Divided Minds" by Dr.Robert S.Mayer ISBN #0-385-24396-0
"Satan's Children" by the same author-don't have number

"Uncovering the Mystery of MPD" by James G Friesen,Ph.D ISBN#0-89840-322-7

"Unchained Memories" by Lenore Terr,M.D.(excellnt) ISBN #0-465-08823-6

"Breaking the Circle of Satanic r*tu*l Abuse" by Daniel Ryder,C.C.D.C.,L.S.W.

What verified for me the reality of SRA abuse was a police investigative book written
in California " Cults That k*ll" by Larry Kahaner, ISBN#0-446-35637-9

Try also the classic "SYBIL" and "When You are Ready" ? It is about a person
tortured /molested by her mother....like Sybil Dorrsett's mom this woman was a beast
too.

For those going the Christian healing route, consider..."The Dangers of Growing Up in
a Christian Home" by Donald E. Sloat,Ph.D. ISBN# 0-8407-3064-0

"Defeating Dark Angels(breaking demonic oppression in the beliver's life) by Charles
H. Kraft ISBN #0-89283-773-X

"Exorcism-fact or fiction?" by Dr. Ken Olson ISBN#0-8407-3403-4
"People of the Lie" by Dr. M. Scott Peck

(KE hopes this will help)
The following list came from a folder in the women's area of America Online. There's
other stuff there and web links to other potential resources... go to keyword:
womentalk, then choose the topic chats folder and then go to the women living
with mpd/did folder.

Clinical Theory and Studies ------------------------------

_Clinical Perspectives on Multiple Personality Disorder_ by Richard P. Kluft
and Catherine G. Fine. This anthology offers a variety of articles and
viewpoints.

_Diagnosis and Treatment of Multiple Personality Disorder (Foundations of
Modern Psychiatry)_ by Frank W. Putnam

_Multiple Personality Disorder_ by Barry Cohen

_Multiple Personality Disorder: Psychiatric Classification and Media
Influence (Oxford Monographs on Psychiatry, No. 1)_ by Carol S. North,
Daniel A. Riu, Jo-Ellen M. Ryall, and Richard D. Wetzel

_Multiple Personality Disorder: Diagnosis, Clinical Features, and Treatment
(Wiley Series in General and Clinical Psychiatry)_ by Colin A. Ross. Ross
has a good reputation among most people living with MPD.

_Multiple Personality, Allied Disorders, and Hypnosis_ by Eugene L. Bliss.

_People in Pieces: Multiple Personality in Milder Forms and Greater Numbers_
by Alana Marshall.

_The Fractured Mirror: Healing Multiple Personality Disorder_ by C.W. Duncan

_The Osiris Complex: Case Studies in Multiple Personality Disorder_ by Colin
A. Ross

_The Treatment of Multiple Personality Disorder (Clinical Insights
Monograph)_ edited by Bennet G. Braun, M.D. Another anthology of articles,
generally very good.

_Through Divided Minds: Probing the Mysteries of Multiple Personalties --A
Doctor's Story_ by Dr. Robert Mayer

_Treatment of Multiple Personality Disorder_ by Bennett Braun

Self-Help Books

_Living With Your Selves: A Survival Manual for People with Multiple
Personalities_ by Sandra J. Hocking

_Multiple Personality Disorder From the Inside Out_ published by The Sidran
Foundation. A collection of first-person essays from the editors of the
newsletter _Many Voices_.

_More Than One_ by Terri A. Clark, M.D.

_Multiple Personality Gift: A Workbook for You and Your Inside Family_ by
Jacklyn M. Pia

_The Family Inside: Working with the Multiple_ by Doris Bryant, Judy
Kessler, and Lynda Shirar

_United We Stand: A Book for People with Multiple Personalities by Eliana
Gil. This is most clear and comprehensive book you could get to explain MPD.
It's short, and small, and inexpensive, and perfect. Great to give to
friends, partners, family members to introduce MPD.

_The Silver Boat_ by Ann Adams. A charming fable about how a young girl in
trouble comes to meet her Others, and then to learn to use all of their
strengths when she has to be one again.

another aol resource is their "Online Psych" area--- much good info re:
dissociative disorders and MPD/DID. Obviously the people who put this area
together were not from the "old school" they're-just-making-it-up school.

Rainbow Colors actually did her thesis on dissociation. What follows is an exhaustive
list of books and technical literature:

Interesting books

Shatter
When Rabbit Howls (The Troops for Trudy Chase)
Sybil
The Minds of Billy Milligan
The Three Faces of Eve
I'm Eve (? Sizemore)
Through Divided Minds
Little Girl Lost
Jennifer and Her Selves (Gerald Schoenewolf)
Suffer The Child (Judith Spencer)
Prism, Andrea's World (Jonathan and Eugene Bliss)
Daddy's Girl (Charlotte Vale Allen)
Kiss Daddy Goodnight (Louise Armstrong)
My Father's House (Sylvia Fraser)
Father's Days (Katherine Brady)
r*tu*l Abuse: What It Is, Why It Happens, How To Help (Margaret Smith)
How To Survive Trauma (Benjamin Colodzin)
(there are also several books by Elaina Gil written about repressed
memories and dissociation that are very good. She writes books for
professionals and laypersons and all of her stuff is worth reading.
One I believe is called 'United We Stand' and is written specifically
for multiples and their families. It is written so that even little
kids and inside people will like it.)
Courage To Heal (Laura Davis and Ellen Bass)
Allies In Healing (Laura Davis and Ellen Bass)
The Secret Trauma (Diana Russell)
More Than One (Terri Clark)
Multiple Personality Disorder From the Inside Out
(Barry Cohen, Esther Giller)
The Fractured Mirror (C.W. Duncan)
Safe Passage to Healing (Chrystine Oksana)
Trauma and Survival (Elizabeth Waites)
Repressed Memories (Renee Fredrickson)
Healing Hidden Memories (Mary Jane Williams)
Treatment of Adult Survivors (Eliana Gil)
The Flock (Joan Frances Casey)
Satan's Children (Robert Mayer)
Voices (Trula Michaels LaCalle)
The Right to Innocence (Beverly Engel)
Secret Survivors (E. Sue Blume)
Reach for the Rainbow (Lynne D. Finney)
Restoring Innocence (Alfred Ells)
Healing the Child Within (Charles Whitfield)
Adult Children of Abusive Parents (Steven Farmer)
The Emotionally Abused Woman (Beverly Engel)
All Around the Town (Mary Higgins Clark)

Thesis References

American Psychiatric Association. (1987).
Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders
(pp. 235-254, 269-278, 335-358). (3rd ed. rev.). Washington, DC: Author.

Arbetter, S. (1992). Multiple personality disorder: someone else lives
inside me.
Current Health 2, 17-19.

Barlam, C. (1989). Women on the verge: the surge in borderline
personality disorder.
Mademoiselle, 140.

Benner, D., & Joscelyne, B. (1984). Multiple personality as a
borderline disorder.
The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 172,(2), 98-104.

Bliss, E. (1984). A symptom profile of patients with multiple
personalities, including MMPI results.
The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 172,(4), 197-202.

Blum, H., & Marziali, E. (1988). Time limited, group psychotherapy for
borderline patients.
Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 33, 364-369.

Castillo, R. (1990). Depersonalization and meditation.
Psychiatry, 53, 158-167.

Chu, J., & Dill, D. (1990). Dissociative symptoms in relation to
childhood physical and sexual abuse.
American Journal of Psychiatry, 147,(7), 887-891.

Coons, P. (1986b). Dissociative disorders: diagnosis and treatment.
Indiana Medicine, 79, 410-415.

Cornell, W. & Olio, K. (1991). Integrating affect in treatment with
adult survivors of physical and sexual abuse.
American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 61,(1), 59-69.

Dawson, D. (1988). Treatment of the borderline patient, relationship
management.
Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 33, 370-374.

Derogatis, L., Lipman, R., & Covi, L. (1973). SCL-90: an outpatient
psychiatric rating scale.
Psychopharmacology Bulletin, 9, 13-28.

Eppel, A. (1988). Inpatient and day hospital treatment of the
borderline: an integrated approach.
Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 33, 360-363.

Evans, R., Ruff, R., Braff, D., & Ainsworth, T. (1984). MMPI
characteristics of borderline personality inpatients.
Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 172,(12), 742-747.

Figley, D., Scrignar, C., & Smith, W. (1992). The aftershocks of
trauma.
Patient Care, 121-138.

Frankel, F. (1990). Hypnotizability and dissociation.
American Journal of Psychiatry, 147,(7), 823-829.

Hughes Clark, N. (1986). Shatter.
New York: Bantam.

Kluft, R. (1984). Aspects of the treatment of multiple personality
disorder.
Psychiatric Annals, 14,(1), 51-55.

Kluft, R. (1984). Treatment of multiple personality disorder.
Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 7,(1), 9-29.

Kluft, R.(Ed.) (1985). Childhood antecedents of multiple personality.
Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press.

Kluft, R. (1986). High-functioning multiple personality patients.
The Journal of Mental and Nervous Disorders, 174,(12), 722-726.

Links, P., & Steiner, M. (1988). Psychopharmacological management of
patients with borderline personality disorder.
Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 33, 355-359.

Links, P., Steiner, M., Offord, D., & Eppel, A. (1988).
Characteristics of borderline personality disorder: a canadian study.
Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 33, 336-340.

Mesic, P. (1992). Presence of minds.
Chicago, 101-131.

Mitton, J., & Huxley, G. (1988). Responses and behavior of patients
with borderline personality disorder during semi-structured
interviews.
Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 33, 341-343.

O'Leary, K., Brouwers, P., Gardner, D., & Cowdry, R. (1991).
Neuropsychological testing of patients with borderline personality
disorder.
American Journal of Psychiatry, 148,(1), 106-111.

Putnam, F. (1989). Diagnosis and treatment of multiple
personality disorder.
New York: Guilford Press.

Ross, C. (1985). DSM-III: problems diagnosing partial forms of
multiple personality disorder.
The Royal Society of Medicine, 78, 933-936.

Ross, C. (1989). Multiple personality disorder: diagnosis,
clinical features, and treatment.
New York: Wiley & Sons.

Ross, C., Joshi, S., & Currie, R. (1990). Dissociative experiences in
the general population.
American Journal of Psychiatry, 147,(11), 1547-1552.

Sanders, B., & Giolas, M. (1991). Dissociation and childhood trauma
in psychologically disturbed adolescents.
American Journal of Psychiatry, 148,(1), 50-54.

Spiegel, D., & Cardena, E. (1991), Disintegrated experience: the
dissociative disorders revisited.
Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 100,(3), 366-378.

Steinberg, M., Rounsaville, B., & Cicchetti, D. (1990). The
structured clinical interview for DSM-III-R dissociative disorders:
preliminary report on a new diagnostic instrument.
American Journal of Psychiatry, 147,(1), 76-81.

Steinberg, M., Rounsaville, B., & Cicchetti, D. (1991). Detection of
dissociative disorders in psychiatric patients by a screening
instrument and a structured diagnostic interview.
American Jornal of Psychiatry, 148,(8), 1050-1054.

Steiner, M., Links, P., & Korzekwa, M. (1988). Biological markers in
borderline personality disorders: an overview.
Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 33, 350-354.

Wallace, J., & Martin, S. (1988). Can psychological assessment address
borderline phenomena?
Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 33, 344-349.

Wickens, B. (1989). Multiple personalities: some victims develop a
separate reality.
MacLean's, 60-61.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Re: "I'VE JUST DISCOVERED I'M MULTIPLE - WHAT SHOULD I KNOW?" - for significant others

Post by krathyn on 5/24/2012, 8:23 pm

this guy has good comments for a friend, SO or spouse of a DID person.
really funny-and real.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
sasha69
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Re: "I'VE JUST DISCOVERED I'M MULTIPLE - WHAT SHOULD I KNOW?" - for significant others

Post by sasha69 on 5/26/2012, 5:40 pm

thanks for sharing this! He gives the truth on how to live with us!

hope he helps others here to!

Post by Guest on 2/20/2014, 8:42 pm

Your dig ex.net link doesn't work?
Thank you for this post. I am suicidal now, and reaching, searching, pleading for help. Your post has helped me remember...
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 3/16/2016, 9:04 pm

Bumping this is a good post - reference

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 10/19/2017, 1:09 pm