Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

WHY do I do this?

WHY do I do this?

Post by Guest on 8/27/2012, 10:42 pm

I am reeeeeally mad at myself! Well, first of all, someone gave out the home phone number to a guy from church. Geez! He has such a strong accent, I can't even understand him, secondly, i am NOT interested and wanna hide now, cause he just called and I couldn't say no when he wants to get together. I'm gonna hide on Friday, and I'm NOT answering the phone if I don't know who it is!!!
I don't know why I don't just tell guys no, leave me alone, and I'm not interested in ANY THING with them! Why do I get myself into theses messes???
Cathie
Izabel
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Re: WHY do I do this?

Post by Izabel on 8/27/2012, 11:47 pm

I can so relate to this. At one time during my life, in my 20's I do this same thing. I had the hardest time saying no when men would ask for my phone number and stuff. I would get mad at myself, and then come up with all kinds of ingenious ways to avoid the person. Going through that time and time again was so painful. It was a younger part of myself doing that. I think my time in therapy, and certain life experiences enabled me to grow out of that behavior.

It's not your fault. Please be gentle with yourself. That fact that you are aware that you have done this and/or have a pattern of doing this means there's a great chance of breaking the cycle at some point in your life, and probably sooner than later.

Old Soul
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Old Soul on 8/28/2012, 12:51 am

Listening and Caring...I ams orry someone in your system did this.
Tori
10,000+ Posts
10,000+ Posts

Post by Tori on 8/28/2012, 2:58 am

I wish you were not angry with yourself but rather the person who gave your phone number out in the first place! Cathie, you have every right to refuse to answer your phone or to even meet this person.

Please don't let anyone bully you ... caring,

shadowetal
10,000+ Posts
10,000+ Posts

Post by shadowetal on 9/1/2012, 10:04 am

Sorry someone gave out your phone number. Just know that you are in control of you and you don't have to see this person. It is your choice. Thinking of you and caring.

Shadow

kkruty
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by kkruty on 9/1/2012, 12:13 pm

I agree with everyone else. you don't have to see this guy . You make the decisions. your body your rules.
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 8/23/2017, 2:49 am