Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

parent of sufferer needing support if poss

parent of sufferer needing support if poss

Post by Guest on 5/7/2013, 12:58 pm

I'm a parent of a recently diagnosed teenage girl and would really appreciate any advice available. To set the record straight there was no physical abuse to set the DID off, I was ill and my girl didn't get the support and recognition a child should receive from their parent. This is something I am terribly ashamed about and am trying my hardest to put right.
Is there somewhere in here where support would be available other than open posts as my girl uses this site and gets great benefit from it - I do not want to harm this for her. Thank you.

XTSon
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Re: parent of sufferer needing support if poss

Post by XTSon on 5/7/2013, 1:03 pm

probably best to ask the mods and administrators should be able to get the info from site main pages.

Post by Guest on 5/7/2013, 1:29 pm

thanks

Pegasusangel
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Pegasusangel on 5/7/2013, 4:17 pm

I am glad to hear this site is benefiting her. I am a moderator but I think you need to e-mail Felicity as if I moved your post to a more private forum you would not be able to see it because you are not an accepted member. Her e-mail should be on the top of the board. Hope you find what you need!

Post by Guest on 5/8/2013, 2:22 pm

thank you. I have been looking through the articles an wow there a lot of info on this site.
Fireflies
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Fireflies on 5/8/2013, 2:50 pm

I just wanted to say. It is so good that you are supporting your daughter this way and finding out information about DID. We long for and wish our parent would do that. They'd rather deny it, and us and pretend we aren't there.

It hurts us.

You're doing well.

Pain of the Fireflies.

Post by Guest on 4/27/2014, 10:19 am

please, please, ask her frequently about her experiences and how she is relating to the world. if she is acting out at school please address this and see if she is losing time or try to see how she is feeling personally. if you notice a drastic change in behavior be it between weeks, months or sometimes years, ask her if she remembers the portion of her life before that. if she doesn't, let her know how she was before that switch.
Teach her as much as possible. address issues directly. communication is the biggest issue. a direct adressing of her issues.

Post by Guest on 4/27/2014, 10:21 am

i didn't mean to come off as an expert
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 4/27/2014, 10:27 am

Hi, you can post here - as can anyone, but this forum is open to everyone - the public. Where she is posting, on the other hand, is private in search engines and to anyone except approved members who also have dissociative disorders.

I am not sure of your questions - but, just to say 'anyone' can post here - as long as they are following our guidelines.

Does that help.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 5/10/2014, 5:05 am

I am thinking that the support of peers is very different than the support of a parent or family members. Many of us dream of having caring parents. I believe that 'not' having that nurturing as a child causes more problems than anything else. But, because we are divided, we can still benefit from the nurturing - as can anyone.

Peers cannot 'be' or 'act' as a parent. Neither can therapist (just my belief) - I 'want' my parents to love and care for me even now, and I am 62 yo. They never have and never will.

I guess that I am saying - your writing here is a godsend. She is truly blessed. As a parent myself - I always felt that when you love your children, they know it and benefit from that love that they can't get elsewhere.

Did that make sense?

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Sunshine
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Sunshine on 5/11/2014, 2:44 am

Welcome Debq1966,

Glad you want to educate yourself as well as support your child.

I find that the way I best feel supported is when I feel listened too.

I hope we can do that for your daughter and I hope for you as well.

May you find the answers and reassurance your looking for.

Sunshine
Galaxy 14
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Galaxy 14 on 5/11/2014, 10:13 pm

I personally believe that DID is a form of attachment disorder
Galaxy 14
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Galaxy 14 on 5/11/2014, 10:15 pm

By the way she is very lucky to have you wanting to rectify that now for her I just hope it can be done . Wishing you and her the best of luck

Post by Guest on 6/23/2014, 4:01 pm

I realize the OP started this a year ago, but as a spouse who not only is supporting his wife in her healing journey, but actively participating in it, I've found very little support for those of us (family members, SO's etc) willing to do so. It seems most of us are so taxed caring for our loved ones and also trying to keep the rest of life going on (especially in the beginning) that there's very little time to invest in the wonderful kind of internet groups like IG represents. The only group I'm personally aware of is PODS in the UK but they only will accept people who can geographically attend their seminars. There are a few blogs by husbands, SO's etc that I am aware of, but nothing that amounts to a real support group.
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 12/16/2017, 6:46 am