Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

Felicity Lee – My Statement to Members of Ivory Garden & Others

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 8/23/2013, 3:46 pm

I am the ‘owner’ and operator of Ivory Garden (IGDID.com), an online community (message board), where survivors of child abuse with dissociative disorders gather and talk, supporting each other and making friends. This group is not politically focused – nor, is any political agenda promoted within this group.

When I started IGDID.com many years ago, I was aware that there was ‘The Backlash’ – groups of people who have been active since 1974 when child protective guidelines (CAPTA) where being enforced.   Their purpose is to isolate children and survivors of abuse/extortion from any support or protection that is legally/socially available to them. In this way, they effectively ‘silence’ those who ‘might’ endanger the abuser/predators.  They target anyone who is effective in protecting/supporting children and survivors of child abuse/extortion, including mental health professionals, teachers, reporting agencies, and yes – support groups – such as IGDID.com.

“The longest-standing target of retaliation against professional child advocates appears to be the mental health professional. … as reports of children suspected of being abused or neglected increased twenty-fold, from approximately 150,000 to 3 million, between 1963 and 1993 …at the same time that adult victims of child abuse were seeking healing in support groups and in the offices of mental health professionals.  It is common and usual for any reform movement, after it achieves a certain measure of public support and sympathy (as did child protection during the 1970s and 1980s) to be subjected to an opposition movement. In the context of child protection, that opposition movement has come to be known to child advocates as "The Backlash" (Myers, 1994, Conte, 1994, Hechler, 1988).  Taken from “Retaliation Against Professionals Who Report Child Abuse” By Katherine Hine, J.D

I will, from now on, refer to these advocates for abusers/extortionists of children ‘the backlash’.  They have been responsible for the silly notions that therapists implant memories in people’s brains, that therapists create Dissociative Identity Disorder; that all victims/survivors of child abuse/extortion are liars, and other such ridiculous notions.  

But, their tactics are effective – very effective, thus far.   We have to go back a bit and remember:

“By the late eighties and early nineties, ..attack upon mental health professionals began. The identified abusers of adult victims of child abuse began to avail themselves of new third party liability theories upon which they based litigation against their adult children's therapists.  Bowman and Mertz (1996) describe with alarm the recent emergence of these increasingly novel legal theories formulated specifically for use in lawsuits in civil court seeking damages against therapists treating adult child sexual abuse survivors -- patients who are, for the most part, satisfied with the targeted therapist.

The intensity of the attack on mental health professionals escalated in 1997 with the bringing of federal indictments against Houston mental health professionals Judy Peterson, Ph.D., Richard Seward, M.D., Gloria Keraga, M.D., Sylvia Davis, M.S.W., and hospital administrator George Jerry Mueck, CPA. The defendants faced possible sentences of life imprisonment without parole apparently because the government disagreed with the diagnosis and treatment of seven patients who claimed to have been falsely convinced that they had been victims of childhood abuse.
Following five months of testimony in 1998 and 1999 by 33 government witnesses and dozens of audio and video tapes offered in evidence, a mistrial was declared in February, 1999 after the dismissals of all but 11 jury members. The results of an informal jury poll showed that, despite the fact that the defense had not yet presented its case, the jurors were strongly inclined toward acquittal.  On March 1, 1999, the government dismissed all charges against the five defendants. However, the legal costs for the defendants and the government were staggering.”   By Katherine Hine, J.D. http://www.nafcj.net/Retaliation.htm

As we can see, facing life imprisonment for ‘supposedly’ causing a client to believe they suffered abuse, sends out a strong message to anyone working with children or survivors of child abuse. The Backlash publishes books and articles circularly sourcing each other, in order to create the illusion that they have any real evidence of their theories.   They have taken over such sites as Wikipedia in order to cause the public to ‘buy’ their propaganda.  Their most vulnerable victims are the ‘public’, and they heavily publicize anything that will sway public opinion their way.

The Backlash, as we are discovering, uses intimidation and threats (in whatever form) in order to isolate the victims and survivors of child abuse.   The biggest threat to all advocates of child abuse is their power to hurt them financially, personally, or professionally.  And, they have a strong track record of doing just that.  
Today, they remain active – though, less effective as many survivors of child abuse are beginning to come forward, name their abusers, and confront The Backlash.  Groups like the False Memory Syndrome Foundation are finding it more difficult to sue therapists and reporters of child abuse.  Their theories are no longer taken seriously.  
The Backlash now ‘send’ out internet trolls, who work anonymously to discredit and slander anyone who is effectively supporting, protecting, or treating children and survivors of child abuse in hopes that the public will read and listen to their slander.  The Backlash promotes publically anyone who protects and defends child abusers/predators and bashes, slanders, and insults those who are working to protect and support children and survivors of child abuse.  They use such public formums and sites such as Amazon, personal blogs, chat rooms, etc. to slander.  These people are called ‘trolls’, and they like to infiltrate support groups, especially facebook – befriend the members and turn them against the people who are effectively protecting and supporting them in an effort to again isolate survivors.  They use the same tactics, that survivors of child abuse recognize and react to, that their abusers used when they were young.  These tactics are confusing and damaging to survivors of child abuse who do not understand ‘why’ The Backlash would want to hurt them.  

Since 1974, The Backlash has managed to sway public opinion concerning the reality and extent of child abuse, scare professionals away from treating clients with Dissociative Identity Disorder and/or child abuse.  During that time statistics have skyrocketed until today,  the (UNODC) United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime report that:
 2 million children are subjected to prostitution in the global commercial sex trade (UNICEF)
 There are 20.9 Million victims of Trafficking World wide as of 2012, 1.5 Million victims in the United States
 A $32 billion-a-year industry, human trafficking is on the rise and is in all 50 states (U.S. Government)
 4.5 Million of trafficked persons are sexually exploited

Someone is profiting from child abuse/exploitation.  Someone else is profiting from defending those accused of child abuse/exploitation.  Child abuse is a lucrative business, for sure, and we can only imagine to what length they will go to keep their investment safe and secure.

I never thought that ‘I’ would be targeted by The Backlash.  I mean, I simply started a board where people who had experienced child abuse could meet and talk – get some support.  And, now – I find myself targeted on the internet.  I now know how others must have felt when The Backlash intimidates and threatens good people simply because they are supporting and protecting children and survivors of child abuse.

As I have heard others say – “it is just not worth it”  - I now understand and often feel like giving up, wondering if people will believe what they say about me even though nothing they say is true.  The Backlash use ‘skeptic’ techniques which are meant to put the question in people’s minds of whether I can be trusted.  They intimidate by digging for dirt in my personal and professional life – and, when they can’t find any – they simply make up something ‘juicy’.  It is disheartening that professional sites allow this to happen – despite their TOS which prohibits this.  

Now, I find myself in the position that, though I don’t feel that I should have to, I need to defend myself from their slanderous lies.  I hate doing this, because it puts people in the position of thinking that they must choose sides – just what The Backlash intended all along.  For me, there is no ‘side’ to take – because, there is only one side – truth.  The ‘taking side’ tactic is what created the problem we are having now – with child abuse/exploitation out of control, victims and survivors of child abuse isolated and unprotected – silenced.  I mean, what are the sides to choose from?  The Backlash is truthful and to be trusted in their protection of abusers/predators and their intimidation of anyone who protects and supports children and survivors?   Or, those working so diligently to support and protect survivors and victimized children are truthful and to be trusted?   There is no fence sitting, no common ground here.  The mistake is to consider what they say – rather than who they are, ,what they represent, and mostly, what have they done that can be seen, measured and appraised.  The public MUST take a side of either to support those who protect and defend the abusers and predators of children – or – for those who protect and support children and survivors of abuse/exploitation.  If you make the mistake of choosing based on what is ‘said’, you fall into their trap of ‘forgetting’ who they are, who they represent, and what they have to show for their ‘good’ work –  because their purpose is to create a ‘reality’ that protects ‘them’ and keeps their resources coming in.  Bottom line is much more important than being honest.  

What I don’t want to do here is to cause concern for me or IGDID.com.  Their tactics have not affected me or IGDID.com – but, not for lack of trying.  

Here is just a bit of what I contend with (Quotes from Amazon site - trolls Karmakaze and CritThink ):

“Felicity it's quite clear to me that you are about asking people for $50 a month to play in your website. You have no credentials, not a one.”

“You support MKULTRA crap because fear makes you money.”

“If I ran a support website for survivors, I'd research people like Kevin Annett BEFORE I formed any coalition with him. Sorry to say, but his tactic of taking advantage of vulnerable people under the guise of saving them, reminds me of you and Judy.”

“People can see how you team up with abusers like Kevin Annett while you claim you are trying to help people. I hope a few survivors have the guts to take you on...you are taking advantage of the very people you claim to help, asking for donations of up to $50 per person per month. “

“Let's see...set up a nonprofit...ask for donations, ask people to work for you, but don't pay them a penny. After people volunteer for hours and hours, kick them out if they question you. Call yourself an expert...even though you hold no licecense of any sort in mental health. Claim you are a victim while victimizing others.”

“This author financially ripped off Jenny Hill by having her sign away any financial or publishing right to HER OWN LIFE! then lied that woman was in the hospital, sending her family into a tail spin, while the author cooked up a bogus letter that she admitted under scrutiny was not written by Jenny. You and Judy, what a team...financially take advantage of the very people you claim to help. Quite a theme your coalition has.”

“And you, Felicity Lee, constantly seek donations from DID survivors...what's worse is you ask them to put in hours of work on your website and don't pay them a penny. So wonder you and Kevin Annett formed a coalition.”

"CEOs of four ritual abuse survivor organizations have joined forces with...Kevin Annett...”

“And here is a constant MO with Judy and Felicity. Create an alternate reality of made up BS...mindcontrolling Nazis, floating beings, etc. Try and get vulnerable people who you say you want to help to endorse the idea...in the case of Jenny it didn't work out too well as Jenny called out Judy for her BS on national TV.”

“Oh, and collect money...very important. Collect money from the victims you are claiming to help.”

“You're not my enemy. You're the enemy of women like Jenny Hill. Vulnerable people who pay you for your lies. “

“Team up with a man, Kevin Annett, who reabuses the sexually abused and give this man access to the women of Ivory Garden Try and get women to live in even more fear so that you can "help" them.”

“This book 22 Faces is fear mongering to groom victims so that you and your cohalition can take advantage of them. FRAUD!!!!”

These are taken directly from Amazon website ‘review’ section of a book called “22 Faces” by Judy Byington.  These quotes are  written by two trolls of The Backlash, named CritThink and Karmakaze (alias’).  These are just in the past couple days. There are literally thousands of similar posts there and elsewhere on the web.    I have read worse, but more personal.  One day, they decided to post several personal pictures from facebook, one a video of my 12 yo granddaughter dancing as well as my personal information.  One troll, Doug Mesner/Lucien Greaves did a satanic ritual right on Amazon supposedly turning me in a Satanist.  They are now contacting people who might know me writing horrible emails to them slandering me under an array of different alias’ – pretending to be their friend.  Well, you can imagine that they have done everything they can to get me to take IGDID.com down.  Why?  It is a support link for survivors of child abuse/exploitation.  Keep in mind the original purpose of The Backlash – to isolate survivors and victims of child abuse/exploitation – to silence them.  

For those who want/need clarification – I am going to answer a few questions The Backlash trolls have brought up –

1. We do not charge members to join or belong to IGDID.com.

2. I support and validate survivors and victims of child abuse/exploitation – that is all – no other groups or people.

3. I don’t know or have any opinion about Kevin Annett, but do know that he is not a member of IGDID –

4. I hope that no one has gotten the idea that I can ‘save’ anyone; that certainly is not my intention.

5. Since, I am also being accused of ‘lining my pockets’ with money collect at IGDID.com, I will say that our financial statements are available.  We claimed negative balance of $3.23 last year, and as with most support groups, we rarely have the money to cover expenses.

6. I do not consider myself a ‘victim’ at all.  

7. The staff at IGDID.com volunteer their time willingly, they do a wonderful job, and do not ‘expect’ payment.

8. I do not claim to have a license in mental health – and, I have never offered anyone ‘therapy’.  I hold degrees in psychology – where I did spend years researching and writing journals, and I have a Master’s Degree and license in teaching.  

9. IGDID.com is not a ‘ritual abuse’ survivor group – but, a group for all survivors of child abuse who have dissociative disorders.  Ivory Garden has several groups for survivors of child abuse.

10. IGDID.com members do not influence each other to believe anything at all.  All members have their own stories – and, they are supported and validated for who they are.  

11. I am not a ‘fraud’.

12. I am a simple woman, a survivor of child abuse/exploitation.  

13. As a retired special education teacher, I have always been an advocate for children, as well as to adult survivors of child abuse.

14. IGDID.com is safe and well-moderated by an excellent staff.

I don't like having to defend myself from out and out slander. I am hurt – yes.  I am not made of stone and wonder that people may read the lies that they write and believe any of it for a second.  I worry that the emails they receive will turn them right into the arms of The Backlash and away from the safety of those who protect and support the victims and survivors of abuse/exploitation.  I am scared – yes – to what lengths these people may go to hurt me.  And, I am worried – yes – that people will become concerned for my well-being.  I am sad – yes – that I can’t simply run a support group without being targeted.  

But, I am also a survivor of abuse/exploitation.  I remember the bullies – the abusers/perpetrators.   I remember their tactics – not just similar to The Backlash trolls, but exactly the same tactics.  I recognize them as being the abusers.  And, I am angry that they think they can use these tactics to isolate the survivors of abuse with lies and intimidation, bully me and others into walking away from IGDID.com where so many survivors of abuse find solace and friendship.  And, I will fight to keep IGDID.com running – I will not be silenced.

That is my statement.

Thank you for reading and for your continued support.

Anyone who would like to contact me, please do so at felicity4us2@gmail.com.

Last edited by felicity on 8/23/2013, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Charlotte1of33
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Re: Felicity Lee – My Statement to Members of Ivory Garden & Others

Post by Charlotte1of33 on 8/23/2013, 4:17 pm

Well said Felicity :) No one who knows you or this site would ever believe any of those things said against you :)

I love IG and love working here as it helps keep me sane and makes me feel like I am making a difference, that is the only payment I expect :)

If there is any way I can help you in supportive statements etc please just ask :)
sasha69
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

We support You!

Post by sasha69 on 8/23/2013, 4:36 pm

Fecility,

I know that my being here has caused some trolls to show their ugly Narcissistic Parasitical Ph*d*ph*le heads here.

What you say is true I and those within us have been isolated all most our whole life.

We have gone to groups even churches, where we have been treated like we are the *****'s spawn but it has been their members that have chocien to use our childhood abuse and programming to have relations with me but then telling others that we were the ones that approached them.

The last four years of my life I have dealt with the lies that we were only looking for new partners not looking for shelter from the very people both male and female that used our ritual abuse and program to service who ever they choice to send into our home or to find us alone.

To this day we are using 4 different programs to protect our computer from being infected and unusable. In the past 2 years, we have gone through 4 computers and over $2000 dollars to find a way to keep connected to any support group and hope.

Not only was I targeted by mental health but many private citizen that used their job placement to the image of support but in truth fixing the information to appear as if I was not able to take care of my self. Which was the truth. I could not protect my self from the large group of abusers that held the very position to help and support my healing but used me to promote their own political goals.

WE hope that you do not let these trolls not trust your self or the good that you are doing here. This is the one place that has allowed us to heal and learn to feel safe somewhere as we find safety in the IRL.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 8/23/2013, 5:40 pm

Thank you so much charlotte - you are wonderful.

Sasha69, I am aware of what you have been through. We admire you so very much - you are brave and strong.

It is maddening that society allows these people to continue - or are they even aware?

I mean, what the heck? We are abused as children and targeted as adults?

Something I always say about predators. The only thing they fear is 'getting caught' - and, they will do anything to avoid that.

Thank you so much for your support - it means the world to me.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
jaded_labyrinth
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by jaded_labyrinth on 8/23/2013, 5:41 pm

we like it here.and havent been asked for anything at all..but give and get support quite freely...dont let them ruin your day!

jls
jules4002
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by jules4002 on 8/23/2013, 6:52 pm

I am beyond angered that there are people out there that will hurt someone who has done nothing to them. This hatred has no place in this world and only shows how weak they are. I have felt this hatred at times, so know Felicity that I will stand tall by your side. I will support You and igdid in whatever manner I can. We ARE the strong
sasha69
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by sasha69 on 8/23/2013, 8:03 pm

That be the truth!

it used to be that if you were the weaker person then it was acceptable to hurt and abuse them.

Even the Marines have the code to protect the weak. But the truth is only if it does not interfere with their agenda!

We are all stronger together and now that the world has become the information highway those that profited from our abuse are no longer able to decide the information that the world as a whole learns or understands.

the few use to control the mass due to little or controlled information now we the many are finely getting heard!

Just remember crazy will never go quietly away it will go with a toddlers scream of NO NO!

While we will be just waving bye bye so long, fare thy well!

Post by Guest on 8/23/2013, 8:16 pm

r we still safe? if so how can we help?
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 8/23/2013, 8:39 pm

Yes, this board is so well moderated - with the best of staff - everyone here is safe.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com

Post by Guest on 8/23/2013, 8:45 pm

no no no no that is not what we mean.  sorry.
r we still safe? (yes we mean this)
we want to help even if we arent safe. (we mean this too)
people have no right to scare other people. you didnt diagnose us so they have no reason to say bad things about you.  if we are real or even if we are faking its our business we r adults now.  dont need any more self doubt.  we r not hurtin anyone here.  leave us and felicity alone.  we like it here. we feel safe here  
RedandCrew
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by RedandCrew on 8/23/2013, 8:56 pm

I am pretty new to IG but from what I have seen and the kindness that has been extended to us speaks volumes for this group and I believe that this a reflection of a strong and truthful leader. I am sorry that you are having to deal this these trolls Felicity but I think you will come out the victor.

LinkinParkChick
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by LinkinParkChick on 8/24/2013, 7:29 am

Being a part of IG has been life changing. The care and support I get from within this group cannot be replaced. I love being an administrator here. Everything I do is about me 'giving back' to a group who has given me so much.

There is absolutely nothing that can be said that would make me change my mind about how wonderful IG is, and how devoted, dedicated, caring, and competent Felicity is.

Felicity... keep doing what you're doing. We support you 110%.
justme
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by justme on 8/24/2013, 8:16 am

I am very grateful for this board. I have googled and found other boards, but was not impressed. However, THIS board I have found to be well monitored and the people who work here are excellent. The support is great! Many of us don't have people IRL to turn to other than a t, so having 24 hour online support is a lifesaver. I know that you have been through a lot for what you are doing to help others (and in turn, hopefully help yourself also) and just know that I support you and am very thankful for all you do!   
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 8/24/2013, 11:25 am

You all are so wonderful - and, so very strong.

I just thought that I should add something that might have been misunderstood or a bit confusing to people.

People who 'present themselves' as being advocates of protection and support to survivors and victims of child abuse - but, turn around and put judge or add 'criteria' to their agenda, simply can't be trusted. So, for instance a 'friend' says that you probably don't have DID (because......) or insinuates that your t might have 'implanted' memories - etc - you get the idea - or even makes you feel apprehensive or doubt your own truth. Those are the 'dangerous' people - those people are probably trolls trying to influence you - and, those are the people who will 'hurt' you and try to dissuade you from coming to places like this. Also, if people are contacted you 'trashing' people - telling you not to trust them for whatever reason - the question to ask is 'why' and what type of person would be writing such garbage about anyone. This stops these 'trolls' in their tracks - when we don't respond to them any longer.

Also, I do want to clarify that I am not a 'political' person - I don't believe that child abuse (DID) is a political topic. Those who have made it a political/controversial subject 'are' those who protect and defend the abusers, whether they are aware or not.

But, I do - definitely support other support groups and folks who support and protect victims and survivors of child abuse. I didn't mean it to sound like I don't. It is the 'political' groups or people who I do not have interest. I think that we all agree on that. Does that makes sense?

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com

ImInManyPieces
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by ImInManyPieces on 8/24/2013, 3:33 pm

where in the heck did that guy get that you charge folks $50 a month to be on this site?  
mykaleidoscope
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by mykaleidoscope on 8/24/2013, 3:36 pm

Felicity, your web site is solid, you are solid, and we appreciate that. I think you are right that ignoring/not letting them get under your skin is the best way to combat the untruths.

But think you for IG, it means a lot to us.

MyK
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 8/24/2013, 3:39 pm

I have no freaking idea - they just make up stuff - hoping that people won't come here. They think that if they say something enough times, it will magically 'become' true. I guess, I don't know.    

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com

ImInManyPieces
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by ImInManyPieces on 8/24/2013, 3:54 pm

just make a section that is read only and post the annual budget...income and expenses...it's not like there's anything to hide...nip that crap in the bud... 
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 8/24/2013, 3:57 pm

These people have already found it - and, read it - open to the public.

They just lie about anything they can think of. That's why I wrote the statement. The bs was getting so deep and I couldn't find any boots.  

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com

Post by Guest on 8/24/2013, 6:12 pm

Felicity-
It's sad that these people have nothing better to do than try to hurt others....how can there be any gain? It puzzles me. We appreciate your strength, support and openness about the issues at hand...thank you for being strong for us.
chansclan

Post by chansclan on 8/24/2013, 7:09 pm

hi felicity and everyone :)

I have been a part of IvoryGarens, like forever it seems, which to me is a wonderful statement. I have been here and then I am sure seem to just disappear for a time, then come back. NEVER have I ever been gone from here for anything other than my life being too chaotic to trust in myself that there is enough good in me to be of use to anyone whom I'd like to help support. I have not had to be in the midst of "board feuds" like at other sites I had been to. I have not been accused of being anything other than me here and welcomed with open arms every time i have faded away and then returned. i know that here, at IvoryGardens, I am safe and supported and i can just be without having to have my guard up and watch out constantly. Felicity, you have always had such pure vision and genuine care for members here that even though staff and members have changed over the years, each time I ahve been back I know I am safe and ok here. It is a 'me' issue when i dont think i have enough good to give, but it has never been because of anyone I have met at IG and it always helps me to be here and to find that yes, things have grown and changed, but nothing has been compromised in the way of IG's values and mission and the way all members are supported and the safety.
and on a much more personal (and kinda scary to admit note) you, my friend, have always been a constant to me even if i have not been here...even if you havent seen my name come up on a screen. i am so thankful that you are always so glad to see me and never ever judge or demand some sort of explanation or anything other than saying how youare so glad to see me adn will make a special personal note that lets me knwo i am still known to you too...you have never forgotten me and i dont have to be afraid here. thank you for things i have no words to say...
I actually came on here tonight... cuz i am really struggling and for the first tiem was going to ask for one on one peer support. i was trying to figure out how to just get myself to log on here and find the words to ask..i so suck at that. I saw this on the roll bar and clicked on it so umm.. i just read through this post and am writing what is on my heart. I always think I need to be 'big tough strong and untouchable' that its not ok for me to need but now i am gonna put in my request with a much surer click and words that are ok (now)even in my brain.... cuz i know, as always, its ok here... thanks felicity
(need to go outside and smoke first now tho lol)

we choose not to look at god in a traditional religious sense and can get quite upset with scripture-based messages. we sure do appreciate people 'holding space for us' as a type of prayer or sitting with us or wishing us well. virtual hugs often are comforting as well. we love to laugh, so tell us something funny :)

speak your truth, even as your voice shakes and body trembles
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 8/25/2013, 12:15 am

I am here - late - was crocheting an afghan - did you see the cute doll -  

I am around, but I know it is super late for you.

Thank you for writing that - it is true - we have known each other a very long time - and we will always be friends. We have watched each other grow and change over the years - that is so cool.

For those wondered why they care about us - they - the trolls - have wanted survivors to be isolated for nearly 30 years now. It isn't telling our stories that threatens them - it is us writing the truth - and being intelligent. I mean, they have spread garbage causing people to believe that we are not intelligent... well, you know it all - if the public were to realize how very strong and intelligent we are - well. they would no longer believe that there is a such thing as therapists implanting memories, and they would take us seriously - after all, who knows better than us.

Anyhow, silencing us is their purpose - and, they don't like support groups. Too bad for them - this one is staying up.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Queen Bee
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Queen Bee on 8/25/2013, 12:36 am

We are here to support you too. I am so thankful that I found IG. Can't put into words what the support means to me and knowing there is someone always here who cares ... and understands. I don't know where I would be today if it had not been for IG. I have been such a mess since April - really struggling. In and out of the hospital and lots of therapy - but - that is limited - IG is ALWAYS here ... and I (we) thank you so much for that! We are strong!!!

Staci
ScrambledMedley
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by ScrambledMedley on 8/25/2013, 10:00 am

Since I found this board, the support I've needed is here. I had no support anywhere else when I needed to talk to someone about what is on our minds. Everyone here has been kind and offered support when I needed it. It's safe and comfortable here.

Felicity, I'm really sorry there are people who are trying to destroy your board by lying. I know the truth and I'll stand behind you every step of the way.

soaringwings
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by soaringwings on 8/25/2013, 10:15 am

Felicity...
They have lost... yep have lost..
each statement of support written here just shows how strong we all are becoming..
notice how peoples are speaking the truth..no longer shaking in fear
their tactics no longer work...
the Light is just so much stronger than their crummy darkness..

becuz you did something close to a miracle. in spite of all the obstacles....
you set up a site which shows caring and love and support..and becomes more committed to that every day
and we really believe that caring and kindness helps heal
and so as we all heal...

we just get stronger and stronger and can help others

and then others help others and on and on...

Felicity they pick on you becuz you are so strong...
Feels like bullys.......

But they truly cannot touch you..you are precious
you are part of the Light..they can't get rid of you ..
the Light in you just gets briter and briter

must be so frustrating to them...

and the amazing effect you have had on so many survivors..
well it is staggering

IG has truly changed our lives..and our Light is getting briter and briter and so we too can help others and that is why they are soo trying to get under your skin.
So they have failed... the Light..the good guys win.. and we are just so grateful to yous
for reaching out..for going forward and speaking the truth..for not giving up..for helping us all until we are strong enuff to help others and ourselves..thank yu...
yes ..you are a true hero..
they lose..
we all win... in truth -in caring- in friendship...

mysticmirror
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by mysticmirror on 8/25/2013, 2:29 pm

These people just keep coming up with anything because they know that they really don't have a leg to stand on. So they just keep making up lies. They think if they say enough bad things that it will keep people from coming to IGDID and supporting it. Well they are so wrong! If anyone truly knows IGDID and Felicity they know that these outlandish comments are just that, so ridiculous.

I have been a staff member here for over a couple of years. No, I have not received payment but it was never stated that I would. I do it because I want to do it. Even if I spend hours here that is my time and I enjoy it because I love what the board stand for. I have never donated any money that I haven't wanted to donate and have never been asked to pay a fee for being on this site. These are just their tactics hoping that it will deter people from joining. It won't happen.

We are given a voice here. We are educated here and learn that we don't have to hide. We can be DID and that is okay. We are are victims of child abuse but in no means are we victims in life.

I love everything that IGDID stands for and I will always support it and defend it. So, they might as well give up because all I do is laugh at their silly antics.

Post by Guest on 8/25/2013, 5:51 pm

Felicity,

most of us are aware of the frightened attempts to halt our progress. It is not possible in this day and age to impede our healing. It would do no good to "harm" you as the DID/child abuse survivor community will continue to engage in recovery and support. You know this is so. I will pray for your ease and protection. and thank-you,
Bethanknee

Catie
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by Catie on 8/26/2013, 3:08 pm

I am so very sorry they have targeted you this way. What cruelty and what liars! It is mind-boggling where they come up with the stories they spread. I think they are without a conscience.

I can imagine how your heart has been torn by all the hurtful words and tactics. I hope the kind words and support of your friends here is a balm. I'm deeply saddened by the way you've been treated and betrayed. Caring much...
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 8/26/2013, 7:28 pm

Yes, the truth is written here - and, we so admire you all. They are simply mean trolls who prey on survivors and children who have/are being abused.

I stand tall for what I believe and that threatens them - so, their attack is to try to discredit me -

I have been around for so long, as some have mentioned, and have never taken advantage of anyone.

I care about you all so very much. You have helped me to be strong - and, this time to not fear speaking out for truth - thank you.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 8/26/2013, 8:09 pm

This is a beautiful message board. I have friendships here I never expected.
i volunteer as staff
and i love the support i get and give, it is not a financial arrangement.
this is a very special place for support and Felicity you are a very special leader.
No one should come against IGDID.com
They don't know what they are saying.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com

Marsha251
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Marsha251 on 8/26/2013, 8:25 pm

Felicity,
We are sorry they are at you again. Yet, we rejoice in your strength, your knowledge, your compassion and your fortitude to not allow these people to stop you or Ivory Garden. We stand with you. Never have we found a place so accepting and supportive as Ivory Garden. You are an amazing woman with the giftedness to know how to combine safety with opportunity for each person to grow in their healing journey, without trolls entering in and creating confusion on this site. We are more grateful than you, or others here, will ever begin to understand. "Thank you!" does not seem to be enough, but again, our heart is both filled with that gratitude, yet sorrow as well to hear their taunts against you, Ivory Garden and all the staff here. Stay strong, friend!    

Post by Guest on 8/26/2013, 8:33 pm

WOW...
First off...excellent statement...
Second...its really disconcerting to me that these people are just so freaking bored and miserable with their own lives that they have to throw stupid crap in order to sabotage someone elses progress/helping hand...i just cant wrap my head around people like this...and that says a lot coming from me...i can wrap my head around the vastness of the universe and the inner workings of quantum mechanics and all...but when it comes to this type of pure evil/vengeful acts upon other people it just completely boggles my mind...anywhoo...i feel that i may be rambling again...so i just wanted to say that this article has a lot of emotions within...and i still am not completely able to wrap my brain around  people like that...
Sals Pals
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Sals Pals on 8/29/2013, 3:05 pm

Don't worry about them, Felicity. We don't let people like that influence us or change our thinking.

IGDID is a saving grace for alot of people like us and we enjoy being here and the community is safe and supportive.

We will support IGDID, not to worry.

Spectrumvessel
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Spectrumvessel on 9/1/2013, 10:16 am

thank you felicity for telling us about this. im so sorry they are targeting you and criticizing IG. now, im a little scared because ive shared things on here and before i felt like they didnt know i knew....hopefuly they cannot tell who i am?
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 9/1/2013, 11:16 am

Don't be scared of them - they are merely there to cause fear - that's their 'job' - they are trolls with 'no' power or care really for what we do here. They only care that survivors are getting support here - they are told to say whatever it takes to isolate survivors from each other.

They think that they can silence survivors just by sitting in a basement somewhere writing stuff on the internet.

We watch the board carefully - and, know that trolls are not interested in what we talk about. They just want to silence us in 'their world' of suing therapists and protecting abusers.

They don't care about our 'stories' - they don't care about silencing that - but, do care that people might discover that survivors are intelligent and might reveal that they are lying - that we can prove that therapist cannot implant memories and that there is no such thing as 'false memories' - does that make sense? 'We' are the proof.

Being scared of them gives them power they don't otherwise have.

Sorry - though - I didn't want to scare anyone. Maybe, I should delete this statement. But, that is exactly what they want - right?

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com

Post by Guest on 9/1/2013, 2:05 pm

Hi,
I just want to say how grateful I am for you running this site. Coming here has literally kept me going during several low points. I think this site is so valuble and you do such a great job.
thank you
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 9/9/2013, 8:59 pm

Thank you - you are all so wonderful - and, you have kept me going through some really rough times - we are here for each other.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com

Post by Guest on 9/10/2013, 7:09 am

I am new to IG but for the first time in my life I have found a place where I don't feel judged. I am not shocked by this because it always seems like when anyone starts to do something for the good there is always someone waiting to tear them down. Even though I have only been here for a short time I know these things the trolls have said are not true. Thank you for this site and thank you for a place to talk safely. It is very much appreciated.
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 12/16/2017, 6:59 am