Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

My experience in Seattle with the conference/hotel

mysticmirror
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

My experience in Seattle with the conference/hotel

Post by mysticmirror on 4/30/2014, 4:23 pm

My trip to Seattle to work on the conference was so exciting and I think we got so much done. Stupid me didn't think about getting pictures of the hotel and conference rooms but I don't think pictures would have expressed what it really looked like.

I am more excited than ever to attend the conference now. Felicity tried many times to show me pictures of the hotel but I didn't really get it until standing there and looking at it. The conference rooms are huge and so beautiful. Even one room is breathtaking and we have three. The hotel is so high class I can't believe we are able to get the rooms so cheap.

If any of you were worried at all about safety you can put that fear aside as we didn't even hardly get in the door before the Maitre de was right there asking what room is ours, what we were there for, and who we were there to see. You can't even go up the elevator without a key. They have a pool, exercise room, computers if you need them, and the most beautiful little sitting spots where you can enjoy a courtyard view.

I just can't wait for you all to see it and for us to enjoy it together.

I also got a good sense of how the tables/exhibits will work and how we can get what we need to fit together. Felicity and I have so many idea's. This should be so fun and probably the most exciting thing I've ever got do in my life.

We worked a lot on the schedule and were able to make more space for more speakers. We even asked a few bigger speakers so cross your fingers. We also think what we should do some webinars to get more exposure for IGDID.

All in all, I loved the trip and all the effort we put forth for the conference I know will be well worth it.

Can't wait for you all to see it.
Promise
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Re: My experience in Seattle with the conference/hotel

Post by Promise on 4/30/2014, 5:04 pm

I can hear the excitement through out your post. I'm glad that you got to go and it makes me excited as well!

I'm sure I have more to say, but ah....maybe later

~Promise

menagerie
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by menagerie on 4/30/2014, 5:21 pm

Mystic, that sounds so totally awesome! I am so thankful and grateful to you and Felicity for all of your hard work with the conference and know it is going to be amazing!

More webinars and such is a great idea to get the word out.

Looking so forward to being a part of the conference and meeting so many of my amazing IG friends, menagerie

Frayea
Frayea
Frayea

Post by Frayea on 4/30/2014, 5:27 pm

way excited for the conference!! makes my head go like 1000 miles per hour thinkin of it! more speakers and nice hotel yay!

MultipleMe
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by MultipleMe on 4/30/2014, 5:34 pm

Wow sounds like it will be a nice, relaxing and safe place, like a retreat. I know so many here would gain so much from getting away for a little R&R.
Morgan
Admin
Admin

Post by Morgan on 4/30/2014, 5:57 pm

It sounds wonderful! I can't wait! I booked my room today and I am so excited! I'm more than hopeful to have the money I need to go! Thanks for your post. Morgan

I love my Family of Choice, IG
Administrator
Shirley J. Davis

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is 6/25/2017, 10:10 pm