Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

Keywords

• Reply to topic

Don't be fooled - All DID Conferences NOT the Same!!!

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 7/24/2015, 1:41 pm

All DID Conferences NOT the Same!!!

It has come to my attention that many folks recently attended a conference held by a small group calling themselves An Infinite Mind believing that conference, which was held in Orlando, was somehow affiliated with the Ivory Garden Annual Trauma and Dissociation Conference. Or, folks will talk about how amazing 'the DID' conference was without knowledge that there are several DID conferences -all different and presented by different organizations. For instance, there was recently another conference held in Orlando this year, but held by the ISST-D - which had nothing to do with the Infinite Mind Conference or Ivory Garden.

I think this is common with conferences and presentations of all types. For example, 'parenting conferences' are so common that there may be 500 per year. Most people don't pay attention to what organization is presenting a conference. They assume that they are all pretty much the same and well-run by professional organizations.

Ivory Garden is a credible and reliable corporation. We provide all financial information for public inspection. Ivory Garden websites are prolific and openly available to the public. We follow through with all that we promise perspective attendees, sponsors, and speakers at our conferences. We have legal privacy policies and terms of services posted on all of our sites and follow them as dictated by law. We need to ensure that everyone who wishes to support Ivory Garden donates through official Ivory Garden sites.

So to clarify - not all DID conference are the same. The Ivory Garden Trauma and Dissociation Conference venue has always been in Seattle, WA as is the upcoming conference this October 2015. Ivory Garden is NOT affiliated with any other survivor group in any way. All of our promotion is done professionally by Ivory Garden representatives. We have secure registration on our websites, especially on www.igdid.org. The 2015 conference is being hosted by Ivory Garden as a fundraiser to benefit the TOP DD study, making this conference unique to others. In order to support the TOP DD study, make sure that you register on an Ivory Garden website for the conference being held October 16-18, 2015 in Seattle. Each Ivory Garden website also has a link to donate directly to the TOP DD studies.

The confusion about conferences is understandable. However, attendees of the Ivory Conference being held October 2015 will not only benefit from the experiences and opportunities offered by the conference, but will have contributed to important research that will continue long after the conference is over.

If you have concerns or questions, please contact me -

Pat Goodwin, MA

President, Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com

Last edited by felicity on 7/25/2015, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
GentleWarrior
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: Don't be fooled - All DID Conferences NOT the Same!!!

Post by GentleWarrior on 7/24/2015, 9:47 pm

An Infinite Mind's web site make no mention of this site at all, so someone else must be getting the two confused?.

the feedback i got from attendees was it was amazing, so i guess each person naturally has different perspectives and take what they need from each experience.

ive not been to this one from here in your forum, being in australia, bit to far to travel, it would be nice if such things were held here, we miss out on so much.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 7/24/2015, 10:41 pm

Okay, both conferences were probably amazing to whoever says they are - I don't know about preference of conferences - I thought ours' was pretty amazing -

The point is that we are in Seattle, we are Ivory Garden, we have no affiliation with any survivor groups or their events. Nor, have we EVER.

This sort of confusion could be avoided if everyone viewed each group as separate entities having nothing to do with each other. If your talking about a conference, make sure that you know which one you are referring to and that it has nothing to do with the other.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 7/25/2015, 10:19 am

I reworded this post to clarify a bit better -

I think that is important that people are clear on which conference they are referring to when they are talking. Misunderstandings create miscommunications and miscommunication lead to disappointments and judgements. Competition was never our purpose. There is far too much work involved - and being a nonprofit, we are obviously doing all of this to help others - right?

Personally, I have never been to any of the conferences out there, but we organized the Ivory Garden conference based on what we thought would bring about the most benefit for everyone - and, what you all wanted. And, I am organizing it again this year with thought to what could be improved from last year.

Just make sure that you all are aware that we aren't affiliated and don't even support the Infinite Mind conference. Okay?

So, if you read this post before - try rereading it to make sure that it is clear.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Justiz43
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

Post by Justiz43 on 7/25/2015, 11:04 am

HEY - HOPE THAT YOU ARE HANGING IN THERE!!!  PLEASE DON'T FOCUS ON OTHER GROUPS/CONFERENCES, ETC.  

I'VE BEEN INVOLVED IN MANY DIFFERENT CONFERENCES, STUDIES, RESEARCH, ETC.  ALL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS WHO ALWAYS END UP COMPETING FOR FUNDS, RECOGNITION, ATTENDANCE, ETC.

UNFORTUNATELY, SOME OF THESE ENTITIES CAN BE BRUTAL AND WILL RESORT TO ANYTHING TO SABOTAGE ANYONE ELSE THEY DEEM TO BE A THREAT.

YES YOU'LL HEAR THE TYPICAL/ENDEARING TERMS OF COLLABORATING, ETC. BUT, THAT WILL NOT OCCUR.  I CAN ONLY MAKE A SUGGESTION THAT YOU FOCUS ON THE WONDERFUL CONFERENCE YOU ARE BRINGING TO THIS COMMUNITY!

TREAD LIGHTLY MY FRIEND - SENDING MANY POSITIVE THOUGHTS YOUR WAY!!!!!!!

JUSTIZ43
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 7/25/2015, 11:33 am

No, no - I am not at all interested in what others are doing - I just want to make sure that because this is a fundraiser that people know that by going to another conference - they will not be supporting the TOP DD study - if they donate to another organization, the same. Right?

Where money is concerned, we are very careful that there is no confusion. No one should 'give' money - unless they are absolute sure that the money goes to the right organization. By registering to our conference, you are also supporting research. By registering to another conference - well... just read what it is all about - don't just assume - that's all that I am trying to make clear.

I do understand what you are saying. Those who have been directly involved in organizing conferences or working with nonprofit organization do know what can happen. I think that we have all of those problems under control. We do have legal assistance and make sure that we are always following all nonprofit responsibilities. I am a cert accountant and have been for some 40 years. I stay current. We also have a wonderful board of directors who are knowledgeable. We work hard to protect and care for all Ivory Garden members and those who attend, speak, and sponsor all of our events.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Justiz43
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

Post by Justiz43 on 7/25/2015, 2:00 pm

I AM IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM QUESTIONING YOU, IG, ETC.

I APOLOGIZE IF I CAME OFF THAT WAY BECAUSE, THAT WASN'T MY INTENTION...

NOT AT ALL!!!!

WHAT I WAS REALLY SAYING IS - "YOU ROCK", HOW WONDERFUL OF YOU TO DO EACH AND EVERYTHING YOU DO, GREAT CONFERENCE LINE-UP, LIKE - JUST- TOTALLY AMAZING AND OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY PROTECTIVE PARTS PROBABLY GOT TRIGGERED AND, ENDED UP PROJECTING STUFF.  

I JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU GET HURT.  THAT WAS REALLY MY CONCERN.

I AM SORRY

JUSTIZ43  
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 7/25/2015, 5:15 pm

Aww, I didn't take it that way at all - it is, though, sometimes difficult to deal with others who are not as careful and professional as we. We don't want to ever put Ivory Garden in jeopardy. Everyone works together to ensure that no one can hurt us at all. And, we do take legal action when/if it becomes necessary. And, we certainly don't want confusion and misunderstanding to hurt anyone else either. We do whatever we can to help - not hinder.

You are so sweet - thank you for your continued support.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 10/21/2017, 1:30 am