Welcome to Ivory Garden DID Support Forum

Welcome Guests to Ivory Garden DID Support Forum

Come on in and take a look around.

Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Create your chat login

Please use your exact IG-DID membername so that the avatar loading will work correctly

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

DID help the other is out

kitty langdon1

DID help the other is out

Post by kitty langdon1 on 7/26/2015, 8:42 am

Please help I'm new to did and my partner is female but there is a man present and he's out right now and I need ideas on what I can do.id like to talk to someone with knowledge.
Justiz43
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

Re: DID help the other is out

Post by Justiz43 on 7/26/2015, 11:36 am

THERE IS PLENTY OF HELP HERE ON THIS FORUM - IVORY GARDEN IS GREAT TO DISCUSS, EXPRESS AND FIND SUPPORT AND ANSWERS.

SORRY - I DON'T DO FACEBOOK ...

WISHING YOU WELL

JUSTIZ43
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 7/26/2015, 11:40 am

Does she have T?

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
StarryNight
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by StarryNight on 7/27/2015, 6:07 am

Hi,

I'm sure it may be distressing to see your partner gone and someone else in her place. Especially if their identity is male. I'm a male in a female body and I'm largely outnumbered by girl alters. Please know that all of this might be very stressful for the male alter as well. It's hard dealing with the ever present reality that the body is not at all like you see yourself. That is if he is aware of that fact. Some alters kind of transpose how they look on the inside to the outside body and that is what they see in the mirror contrary to what other people. Try not to fight this too much cause it can be very devastating discovering your in the wrong body. This is something that needs to be realized slowly and safely and preferably with the help of a t if one is in denial about it.

This may be difficult but try and treat the male alter like you would any regular guy. Don't expect the same familiarity you have with your partner. Each alter sees themselves as different and requires a different way of relating.

Also know that a lot of times male alters in a female system play very important jobs like helping the other alters feel safe and protecting them from scary situations. Recognize that this alter is there in the system for a reason. Also think back to the last week. Is there something that might be making your partner feel threatened or unsafe? Male alters can play other roles as well. It might be best to ask him if he is aware of the other alters.

I think the main thing to remember is that we're just like any other alter. We are in the system for a reason. And that we really appreciate being treated as ourselves. So try and get to know this new alter as himself. Developing relationships takes time but it will really pay off in the long run.

Also therapy can be really helpful for people with DID and their partners. If you don't have one already try finding a good therapist who understands DID who can help you with what you're encountering as a loves one of someone with DID.
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 5/22/2017, 10:26 am