Welcome to Ivory Garden DID Support Forum

Welcome Guests to Ivory Garden DID Support Forum

Come on in and take a look around.

Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Create your chat login

Please use your exact IG-DID membername so that the avatar loading will work correctly

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

Satanic Ritual Abuse and Mind Control - Support Forums - Safety

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/28/2015, 3:05 pm

Ivory Garden DID Support Group and Nonprofit Corporation Board of Directors and admins have gone to great lengths to ensure that IG forums are safe places where folks who have histories of all types of trauma can come to support, interact, and discuss everyday situations with each other.

Recently, it has become difficult for all survivors to 'feel' safe on other forums. Drama, gossip, infiltrators - out to turn members against members, admins against admins - etc. flourish on nearly every other forum.

Survivors safety on the internet is not dependent on anyone, but their independent sense of being aware of what is happening on the forums and/or within their personal lives - if members of forums have been able to contact them through email, chat rooms, social networks (like fb, etc.) and/or private messaging within the forum. The danger comes when members are being 'controlled' by a kind of 'peer interaction' led by one or two members who are not there to support, but rather to take away support creating a kind of dependence or 'fear' of doing something wrong by going against the social expectation of leaders.

This can become confusing and scary for folks who are looking for support and a sense of independence from people who really do care about them. People who care and support do not try to influence folks where to go or who is 'bad' or 'unsafe' - they do not gossip or cause drama. They have 'your' best interest at heart, you know who they 'really are' irl, they use their real names, they have demonstrated through their work within the community that they are dedicated to providing the very best for survivors.

If you are anonymous within forums and do not give or receive personal information, you are safe. If you are aware and don't fall into the 'social pull' of dependence on anyone within the community, you are safe. Support forums are meant to allow you freedom to be yourself with your own thoughts and opinions. If you fear 'doing something wrong' and/or 'getting in trouble' - ask yourself why you have these fears. And, talk to your therapist about this. Also, write to those who on the Board of Directors of the forum and let them know that you are feeling 'afraid' so that you better understand how the forums are operated and can feel at ease.

Never be 'fooled' into believing that one or another forum is unsafe based on what someone tells you or what you hear in the 'gossip mill' of the internet.

There are folks within Ivory Garden and Survivorship communities who have proved themselves safe through decades of hard work and service 'for' survivors. They have never 'hurt' anyone and never given up helping survivors. That is what you can trust.

I, being a survivor, can often be pulled into gossip that is pure lies, and I react with pain and feelings of rejection when I am lied about and others believe the lies. I can't image that I am a safe person, have done so much, and people believe the most outrageous of lies about me or Ivory Garden. Thus, survivors tend to turn away from the safest of people and places and follow the most dangerous of people - those who create 'fear' through lies and gossip. I will never understand this type of behavior. But....it is happening now - and my concern is rising - concern for folks who came to the internet to find support, safety, and education.

If someone wants to befriend you on the internet, remain aware. Survivors are generally careful and don't just access people to make friends. Friendship takes time and does not come at any cost.

All of that said - as another warning about internet safety - Ivory Garden is one safe board that you can count on - and, know that we are here for you. We do whatever it takes to ensure that you can feel comfortable as you come and go - that we are here to benefit your healing and independence.

I am proud to announce that 'Survivorship' https://survivorship.org/ has also put in hours of work to ensure that their forums are safe and comfortable places where you can participate according to their terms of service.

Alison Miller, Ph.D. - she spoke at our conference, and many of you met her - has been working hard there, as have others, to ensure your privacy and safety as you interact on Survivorship forums. Neil Brick (the President) has been an advocate for survivors of ritual abuse for as long as I can remember. His years of devotion, dedication, and accomplishments speak for themselves.

I would recommend 'Survivorship' forums and organization as not only one to support, but also one to be trusted as a safe place to interact, learn, and move forward with healing.

If you are a survivor and have heard differently about Ivory Garden and/or Survivorship - you have been lied to and, you are unsafe within environments that, I am sorry to say, are dangerous and controlling.

I am sad that so many forums out there are 'hurting' survivors - with techniques that 'take away' their choice, their strength, and their independence.

Survivors are strong - Please comment on this post, if you would like to -

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Re: Satanic Ritual Abuse and Mind Control - Support Forums - Safety

Post by krathyn on 11/28/2015, 4:54 pm

yes survivors are strong.
we have come through many attacks but we always make it back.
i hope Survivorship will thrive from now on.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/30/2015, 5:20 pm

Times have certainly changed over the years. We just had our 9th birthday a couple days ago. It seems like yesterday that we began this forum. We were excited with a whole new concept - something that had never been done before - open discussion without the fear of 'policing' or being 'controlled' by forum authority figures. We imagined a place where there was support and encouragement where everyone could move ahead, learn, and heal.

We could not have imagined that there were people who would actually come to 'hurt' members in order for 'themselves' to control and influence them to trust them for their own means - abusers coming to support forums? But, it happened many times in our history. Abusers not only coming to support forums, but irl befriending and hurting survivors once they got their personal information. Turning them against 'safe places' - like ours'. Even more frightening was that survivors followed unsafe people in hopes for finding love and friendship.

Now, we are in a whole new era where this seems to be the norm. And, confusing - because we do not influence or control, but encouraging independence of choice, education, and peer interaction - the realistic road to friendship and healing.

It is a shame that some survivors find themselves easily "caught up" in dramas and blinded by promises of teddy bears and hugs - hoping to find those 'friends' who truly care and understand them - beyond what is healthy or realistic for anyone - and willing to give up their own safety - giving their full trust to such dangerous folks in hopes that their fantasy is 'real' - believing lies and scandal - giving them a sense of 'belonging' within 'cultish groups' they can't seem to or want to escape.

Very sad indeed - but, on the lighter side, this scenario is very real on the internet right now, but not all are pulled into it. We are sorry for those who have been, those whom we have lost and those whom have lost the support of safe communities, because of the choices they have made. I know - I fell into that trap when I first came to the internet and this wonderful, beyond human, person met me and immediately started a relationship - telling me how they related to me and understood - even loved me - my new 'friend'. Those who have also been there know how that ended.

No forum can keep anyone safe from this type scenario. But, we do what we can to know 'who' is on the forums, and you know 'who' we are running the forums. We also ask that members do report if any member is requesting personal information.

I take a look at our community and know the miracles that have happened here, the folks who have moved on to do great work in the world. Our community is what we imagined so many years ago and will remain so as we work together to keep it a place of moving forward - supporting and caring for each other in a healthy manner - fostering strength, healing, education, and support to each other.

'Survivorship' has a long history of doing the same. Over the years, we have shared members and always found that our forums compliment each other in maintaining healthy environments for survivors to gain the support needed to move forward -

We work hard to keep up with the internet and keep our forums safe, because we care and want to offer safety and privacy to all survivors. It is everyone's choice where they want to be and work within the community to help make it a reality.

Thanks Krathyn - you are one in many who have stood by members for so many years. We appreciate you tons.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Patchesmany
Patchesmany
Patchesmany

Post by Patchesmany on 11/30/2015, 6:20 pm

I find it scary when people turn against the safest of places, like ivory gardens. Yet it happens again and again.

The most effective dangerous people and places seem to have some sort of magnetic pull that people find hard to to resist.

Yet as survivors I think many of us have warning systems, if only we choose to listen to them, instead of ignoring that little warning in your head or heart.

patches
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/30/2015, 7:15 pm

yes--if someone is coming across as unsafe, argumentative, too sweet, it can be hard to trust someone with one or more of these characteristics, let Felicity know as you see it, and don''t be dragged into it.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
mystory
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by mystory on 11/30/2015, 11:14 pm

Thanks for this Felicity and for the survivorship website, I don't think I'd ever heard of it before now.

Dymond
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Dymond on 12/3/2015, 4:26 pm

I went to a survivorship conference over 20 years ago - it was triggering, and informing, with the most important bit for my journey provided- well actually two bits. 1. a speaker who was whole and said "it gets better." that was an anchor in difficult times. 2. I observed that it is possible to get lost in identity as a multiple/did/condition, and I chose NOT to let that define me, and sought to pursue my life work instead. I have intuitively felt this might be a good community to reconnect with - slowly.. thanks for the prompt!
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 12/3/2015, 6:34 pm

Just don't get lost over there and forget about us -

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 5/22/2017, 10:25 am