Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

Keywords

• Reply to topic

IMPORTANT - fraudulent emails, Ivory Garden Subscriptions, membership, etc.

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

IMPORTANT - fraudulent emails, Ivory Garden Subscriptions, membership, etc.

Post by felicity on 3/22/2016, 5:04 pm

I need to clarify some things carefully for you all.

First, if you have any problems or concerns with admins, members, or me - please, please - just email and ask.  

I have received several emails from members forwarded to me - that were meant to 'seem' as if they were from me.  The perpetrator changed 1 letter in my email - and decided that they should email people - as if they were me.  Most of them are friendly and just ask that you call me, and we can be friends - with someone elses phone number. This has been happening for about a year and a half now.  First, I rarely send out emails to members.  Second, those who received the emails were careful when reading emails to make sure that they come from who they say they are.  I have a picture on mine and an extensive 'circle' with gmail that shows up on the right side of the emails.  Otherwise, the emails look very much like they came from me, but they didn't.  I also was forwarded emails where I 'supposedly' banned people from our board - that were not actually from me.  

Since most just assume I wrote the emails, I have no idea what others went out.  BE CAREFUL when reading emails that they do actually come from the person you think they did.

Also, many of you have received emails from Lori King - (shadow) since her death.  This is a sick prank - I assume the same person responsible for her death is sending these emails out to people.  I have gotten about 20 of them.  I have posted a dedication to her on our forum.  You can write what you like there.  

For those of you who were not aware of her passing, we can also start a thread to support each other through this time.  I know that some were very aware who felt it best to sit on our forum and post - hiding this fact from other members - as if they had some secret knowledge.  This is sad, I guess the kind of gossip that floats around the net that amuses and attracts drama for some folks.  

At any rate, we also have a problem with folks whose subscriptions were cancelled.  That was just because we changed over to Authorize.net for the sake of members' security.  It did not affect anyone' membership status at all.  I hope that didn't scare anyone.  

I am very sorry if you have been involved in any of this sort of thing.

It does upset me that, though our forum is the safest and most reputable on the internet, these sorts of things are happening causing justified distrust toward us and our name.  Ivory Garden Corporation is a reputable company supported by professionals and other nonprofit groups.  Yet, gossip and drama whirls around outside our community - disgracing not only our members, but one of Ivory Garden's founding fathers - who died under questionable circumstances, not to mention our Board of Directors and those who have worked hard for survivors for some 11 years.    

I am asking that people please contact me if you have any questions and/or concerns.  If you want to 'hear' the truth - you should think about going to the source.  If you want to know if emails are for real - always go to the source.  If you are worried about your membership, contact me.  I hope this makes sense to those who have been the victims of these scams, and/or have been pulled into believing/following the same group of folks as Shadow was involved with.  

As you can tell, this is not to scare anyone, but just to make you a bit more aware of what is going on around you.  One person receives an email - then, tells everyone else in internet-land how bad we are - etc. etc.  One person has a rumor about someone who passed away some 5 month ago and spreads it around - and, others run with it - very sad, indeed.  

To clarify, this sort of 'gossip' and talk is not happening on Ivory Garden at all.  I have found the members here to be adult and most are oblivious to all of this - except some of the emails they received.  

The pain and the hurt that this gossip has caused so many is beyond what I would think involved survivors would allow to happen.  I would think that the perpetrator(s) would not have been able to get this far - that survivors would have stood their ground by now - if not to protect someone vulnerable to their type of control - to protect future victims.  Again, this is not happening on our forum - but is happening to previous members who have been gone from here for some time now.  

I care for all survivors, I am not vulnerable to controlling people, nor do I listen to gossip - I investigate and find the truth beyond the gossip.  I lost a friend whom I loved - and, survivors are continuing to worship the perpetrator - what can I say?  That hurts me deep within my soul.  And, I have been watching this happen for well over a year now.  I just want to jump up and say, "Take a look around you.  Are you so caught up in the drama that you can't stand for yourself - for others?"  But, I know that we have to tip-toe around in order not to trigger anyone.  Following your peers for fear of losing 'friends' or getting hurt too - that won't keep you safe.  Sorry, a bit of anger - yes - I would never have allowed for my friend Shadow to get hurt - never.  Yet, she was surrounded by literally hundreds of survivors who knew the perpetrator had control over her - and, they did nothing.  And, survivors come here thinking I don't 'know' - I know everything, but can do nothing without the support of other survivors.  Oh what a tangled web some weave.  

Anyhow, do write to me if you have questions.

Last edited by felicity on 3/23/2016, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
anthology
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Re: IMPORTANT - fraudulent emails, Ivory Garden Subscriptions, membership, etc.

Post by anthology on 3/22/2016, 5:36 pm

I'm sorry people are still doing this stuff. Especially concerning Shadow's death. How disrespectful can you get?
Promise
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Promise on 4/9/2016, 11:03 pm

I agree with anthology, how disrespectful can a person(s) get?
This is the lowest of lows.....
You are a strong, felicity and you just keep going. You are always interested in helping others, that is plain to see.
I am sorry this is still happening.
Thank you for all you do and for not giving up!

~Promise
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 4/11/2016, 8:45 pm

thank you Promise

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
mystory
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by mystory on 4/11/2016, 10:35 pm

Felicity

Well stated.  You take care to watch over this forum and I appreciate that.  

I'm not interested in being a part of their sham and have not been contacted.  If I am contacted I will report the person to you.

I was confused when I heard of Lori/shadow's passing and because she was aligned with people who were causing problems here, and I thought it was odd that she be memorialized, however it appears she was dragged into it by them and therefore a victim in her own way.

I am saddened to hear you are still being harassed by these people. You are strong.

I continue to support you Felicity. Please know that.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 4/12/2016, 8:18 am

Thank you. I know that her death and how it happened shook me badly for many months since it happened. I knew the last day of our conference - the day that she died. Some of our members knew, but kept it a 'secret' - they seem to have left the forum now. I wasn't sure how to let our members know - and, I wonder if those who knew realized how much we all cared also - despite rumors that were spread to the contrary.

Until Menagerie came to our forum - two times using different aliases and accessed Shadow's little parts, she loved everyone and never questioned our members' or my loyalty to her. For that reason, she was the perfect victim and the perfect pawn. I had thought that everyone on our forum was smart enough to see through their 'game' of accessing littles and was shocked to see people even falling for it at our first conference. And, she/he is one scary person in real life. I saw Shadow following her during that conference as if dazed and totally controlled - and, felt horrible. I warned her so many times to stay away from them, but she feared her/him - as do many others still. What they don't know is that Menagerie might have seemed to have been the 'saviour' for others, she let me know point blank and clearly that she was in 'control' of Shadow and our members and there was nothing that I could do to stop it. No one was going to listen to me. Even though, one of the adminstrators that she was also controlling, Mysticmirror had just spent a couple weeks at my house just weeks before, and knew (in her heart) that I was totally trustworthy and that I trusted her. The whole thing 'was' too bizarre for ppl not to see through it.

The danger is that she/he is still out there, using aliases to control survivors and likes to meet them in person to further their trust and fear. And, she is dangerous. But, she only has power - when her victims 'give' her the power by being her loyal subjects turning them against their true support and isolating them to rely on her. She likes to talk to survivors' littles and control them - the same old tactics that all abusers and programmers use to control people - many of us just shirk at that and don't even realize that we have been there and know better - I had no idea what she was up to and how many would fall into that old trap.

So, yes.... I did care for Shadow and had kept in touch with her - she was scared - I never let anyone know for fear of what she might do to Shadow if she/he knew she was contacting me. When I knew the danger she was in, I tried to figure out who she/he was irl, but there is no way to trace her/him - or even know the real name. That scared Shadow even more - because once totally controlled, there is no way to back out without being in real danger. Like a cult.

When Christina - the co-founder of IGDID died 3 or so years ago, I announced it immediately to our forum - and, we worked through our grief together on the forum. I put up a memorial for her there - on Yuku - where our board was then - it is still there. Shadow always loved that we did that, because she could be there always for us to remember.

I looked all over the internet for somewhere to honor Shadow and found nothing. It is like she never existed. What she did for members here was amazing - she was there for anyone who needed support - I trusted her and our staff - and, rightly so. She was vulnerable to anything that questioned that trust. When she was first made an administrator here, I did not know her well, but saw how she was with members. She received an email from one 'Stolenchild' the same day stating that I would turn on her. She wrote me in tears, believing the email. I asked why anyone would write such an email. Why would she believe a complete stranger? Realizing the email was meant to hurt her and play on her vulnerabilities, she tossed it.

All of our members and staff have past abuse in our history - all of us have vulnerabilities and the underlying fear that we may be betrayed, that maybe, people don't trust us, maybe, we aren't really safe here, etc. Those beliefs can overtake our ability to see through our fears. Keeping 'secrets' when we know something is amiss is the most dangerous thing we can do. I have always gotten emails that I should not trust so and so - etc. I write back and tell these unknown people that I do have a brain and question those who badmouth people - knowing that 'they' are the problem. There are people on the internet who actually try to 'blackball' certain members of groups - so, that they are never trusted by anyone. What kind of ppl do that? Not good, caring people - but, ppl who want to hurt others by denying them support.

I do know what is out there on the internet - I have been a victim - some 13 years ago before we built this forum. I was unaware of how easily I could be controlled through someone accessing my littles. We built this forum to ensure a safe place for even people who were being controlled - where they could break away and come safely. Why would anyone want to come here and lure people away? For that very reason - they don't want people to trust a safe place.

I do know that we have tons of support. Those I trusted kept writing me telling me that I had 'done something horrible', but wouldn't tell me what I did - so, I asked everyone, "What did I do?" I still don't know, but felt like must have done something - At that time, it felt like any support I had was torn away from me. That 'no one' trusted me or our forum. My t always said that 'you have to look outside the box' when you feel that way. She said that isolating and being drawn into isolation was dangerous and made us vulnerable.

When I was at my lowest and just wanted 'out', I wrote here without telling anyone what was happening. How do you write that you have been betrayed, while everyone believes that you were the betrayer? He/she used some psychological tactics that are not normally known to the everyday troll - and, still is. I was attacked in chat, on the board, and constantly through horrible emails sent by our members - those members are still welcome here - as I am aware that they were tricked.

So, I looked outside the box - tunnel-vision is the most dangerous tricks our minds can play. I looked on the sidebar of our forum and first say Patches. I started crying. Again, tears - now. Patches has always been here for us all - through thick and thin - for so many years. BDW, Boyy, and the list goes on. Of course, they never contacted these people - Menagerie only needed Shadow to do his/her bidding to pick off the members who trusted her. Shehe knew how much this would hurt me - and, hoped that out of pure remorse for being betrayed, I would do exactly what I felt was necessary to protect people - take down our forum myself - I am the only who can do that.

It does 'seem' that Shadow and other staff whom we trusted hurt us, our board, betrayed us, etc. But, I do know her and her words were, "I am so sorry that I let you and members down. I love IG and always have."

The way I see it - we had to get Menagerie off our forum - she was dangerous - Shadow and everyone else who had been taken in simply followed her/him believing she/he was 'unfairly' banned. The decision was made by 5 staff members and our board of directors based on her/his behavior on the forums, emails I received, and how he/she behaved during our first conference. Rarely have we had to ban someone.

I have been asked many times why I put up the memorial for someone whom I stated was responsible for hurting our board and members. At the time, I was not aware 'how' or 'why' she and others behaved like they did. And, btw - she was our 'treasurer' - I would not have put her in that position if I didn't fully trust her - and, even during the time she was 'acting' against us I continued to trust her credibility in the position - well, until they tried to vote me off the Board of Directors and replace me with Menagerie.

This is too long an explanation - lots happened in the many years that I knew Shadow - we had a relationship where she literally saved my life. I would not be here today if not for support over the years. She was not unstable or SU when her life was taken. I know other members can say the same - and, that is probably why they trusted her - never realizing that everyone can be controlled - and, she was. I didn't want to believe and was too close to her to remove Soaringwings earlier - and, Menagerie right away when they befriended her so quickly and began to see her change.

I didn't put up the memorial until recently, because I had to work the whole thing through in my own mind. I feel her around me all the time - and, know in my heart that she belongs here - many members have asked that we don't take down her posts - they give them comfort. Some members believe that I didn't have a relationship with her - that they knew her 'better' - no, I knew her long before anyone who followed her and called her 'friend' as they watched her walk into a horrible trap. They didn't warn or help her.

That is why I put up the memorial - she deserves to be where she always wanted to be - she deserves respect and honor and our support and understanding that if she had not tipped Menagerie off that she wanted to come back, she would still be alive today. I believe that after speaking with her - '

It is tragic, but 'real' - had I not been told immediately, I would never have known she was gone. How many other survivors are no longer here? I worry every time a member leaves and doesn't check in.

Sorry this was long - I thought of starting a thread where we could discuss this privately - I don't know if others want that. I am grieving still -

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
anthology
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by anthology on 4/12/2016, 10:54 am

I didn't experience what happened with Shadow and Menagerie directly. I only know about the goings on through posts people have made about it after the fact. That said, I can see the pain everyone who went through it felt. And the pain everyone feels at the passing of Shadow. I think it's good of you to have made a memorial place for her, Felicity. Whatever happened, she was a part of many people here's lives. It's good for everyone to be able to remember her together
brazen60
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

re:fraud

Post by brazen60 on 4/12/2016, 12:44 pm

this sounds like it has been a gut-wrenching experience for people and i can feel your grief.
felicity, i can only imagine the pain that you are in. thoughts are with you all.

brazen60
mystory
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by mystory on 4/12/2016, 12:59 pm

Felicity

I remember when you mentioned a friend who passed many months ago.  I'm guessing that was Shadow and I now understand that she had made her amends to you before that time.  It makes sense. Ow how grieved you were then and even now and how you needed to work through things before having a memorial here.

I think honouring Shadow is the best thing to do now.  I had only started just before the first conference and didn't know shadow, menagerie or anyone for that matter, very well, including you Felicity, but there was a contigent of trusting and respectful others, so I chose to trust that group, like Krathyn, Morgan, Promise, and others.  I was desperate for a group that understood what I was going through.  

Shadow & the others didn't seem too bad to me in some ways but I had no clue what was going on internally until it was mentioned.  I appreciate Felicity, that there was certain actions you had to take that broke your heart at the time.  You were open with us NOT like people in our past.  It always, always was don't talk, don't feel and don't trust.

I'm saddened that you lost a good frien, the forum lost a good member and it is kinda scary to think of Shadows untimely passing.  I just hope that we all can remember her good contributions here.

Thank you Felicity and please know how much we understand how much you care for people here and know that I will walk beside you in your grief.
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 10/19/2017, 1:14 pm