Welcome to Ivory Garden DID Support Forum

Welcome Guests to Ivory Garden DID Support Forum

Come on in and take a look around.

Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Create your chat login

Please use your exact IG-DID membername so that the avatar loading will work correctly

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

a short story

brazen60
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

a short story

Post by brazen60 on 7/26/2016, 12:52 pm

i heard this story many years ago. many of you have probably heard this but for those who haven't i will paraphrase it here.

'there once was an elder of a tribe. he decided that it was time to instruct his grandson on the ways of mankind. the elder told the boy that in every person there is a 'good wolf ' and a 'bad wolf' and they would constantly fight with each other through this life. but one day one wolf will win.
the boy asked him....but How will i know which one will Win?
the elder said...it will be the One that You Feed.

brazen60
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Re: a short story

Post by felicity on 7/26/2016, 2:07 pm

Totally cool - that is so true - I wonder where that story is - would like to hear it all.

I thought of 'fear' - you feed your fear and it takes over - not sure if that is good or bad - hmmm.

I think that doing bad things does feed the bad - doing good things feeds the good, but figuring out what is 'good' and what is 'bad' is the trick. Is it bad to know that people are getting hurt and not say anything? Or is it good if doing so keep you safe? Is doing everything to keep yourself safe good? Is taking risks that could endanger yourself bad? So many gray places - certainly not black and white. Maybe, the more you do of one of the other - the more black and white things get. I don't know. For me, I 'feel' inside what is right and wrong - based on my sense of things. I 'do' speak up when I see someone getting hurt - I don't care who they are - or what the risks are to myself. But, that is how I have always been - fearless - I never fed that 'fear', but stood up and challenged it.

I have no idea how that all made sense or related - lol.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
brazen60
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

Post by brazen60 on 7/26/2016, 5:37 pm

oh, it makes perfect sense to me. i'm thinking that discernment is the key ,for me anyhow. i mean what's good for me might be bad for someone else. i think we all have to find our own path, somehow.
this story tells me to continue on the path that i know is good for me..but that is not to say that i should hole up somewhere as some act of self preservation.
in fact it's the opposite. it means that i try to stay healthy and follow my own inner workings.
i don't know, does any of this make sense?

brazen60
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 7/26/2016, 6:56 pm

Makes perfect sense to me.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 7/26/2016, 7:14 pm

if you feed something it gets stronger, and it could be that you feed what is good or what is bad in your own soul...whatever is important to you.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 5/23/2017, 5:30 pm