Welcome to Ivory Garden DID Support Forum

Welcome Guests to Ivory Garden DID Support Forum

Come on in and take a look around.

Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Create your chat login

Please use your exact IG-DID membername so that the avatar loading will work correctly

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

More than 520 children 'targets of online sexual abuse' in Scotland - News Article

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

More than 520 children 'targets of online sexual abuse' in Scotland - News Article

Post by felicity on 7/29/2016, 11:04 am

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/29/more-than-500-children-identified-victims-or-potential-victims-of-online-sexual-abuse wrote:More than 520 children 'targets of online sexual abuse' in Scotland

Seventy-seven people arrested and charged as part of ongoing investigation

More than 520 children have been identified as likely or potential victims of sexual abuse online and 77 people arrested in a major anti-paedophile operation by police in Scotland.

Detectives said they had uncovered more than 30m indecent images on mobile telephones and computers seized during Operation Lattise, a six-week inquiry launched by Police Scotland in June.

The force has referred 122 children to child protection services and charged the 77 alleged perpetrators with 390 offences ranging from rape to sexual extortion, sharing indecent images, online grooming, indecent communications and bestiality.

After seizing 547 electronic devices, detectives say they found 10m images of child sexual abuse or indecency on one electronic device alone, while a second suspect is believed to have communicated with more than 110 children and teenagers.

The investigation is expected to uncover further offences and victims: the haul of images and leads was so large that investigations were still continuing, with further forensic examination of many seized devices ongoing.

With detectives searching 83 homes so far and using covert technology to support the investigation, the force said it would need four officers working full-time for six months to assess all the images seized.

Assistant Chief Constable Malcolm Graham said: “This is not sexting in terms of people sending abusive messages to each other. This is children being sexually abused and these images being shared.

“It is about real victims in Scotland and elsewhere. It’s about these horrific acts which ruin people’s lives and we need to make sure that stops.”

He added: “Let me make it clear. Child sexual abuse and exploitation, which can range from sharing images depicting the rape, sexual torture or assault of a child to grooming or sexually extorting a child takes place solely because of decisions made on the part of the abuser.
“Online child sexual abuse is not a victimless crime: children, from toddlers to teenagers, are being sexually abused and exploited now in Scotland and when an image or video clip is shared or viewed, they are being re-victimised.”

The initiative has been supported by the NSPCC Scotland. Its policy manager, Joanna Barrett, said the charity was increasingly concerned about the dangers facing children online.

“Too many children are exposed to dangerous and harmful content through the internet or are subjected to online harassment, grooming and sexual exploitation,” she said.

“We recently highlighted how the internet is playing an increasing role in the sexual abuse of younger children in Scotland, with a 60% rise recorded over a year in the number of indecent communications offences carried out by adults against children aged under 13.
“It is vital we learn more about the nature and scale of this offending in Scotland, and its impact on children and young people.”

I am so glad that people are concerned and uncovering this. I am sick to my stomach that this was not uncovered sooner - that it is happening here just as badly - that people do not seem more concerned - that it seems less important than other things happening in the world. I read this and become angry that it happens right under our noses yet there seems little concerns about the dangers of the internet and the blatant abuse of our children. I can barely absorb how many children and teens this involved - the amount of abusers involved - and, how many more out there. I am ready to go hide in a 'secret fb group' to shroud that I am one of the 48 million survivors in America who knows how and why this is allowed to go on. (sarcasm - sorry). Discussion open here.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com

MultipleMe
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Re: More than 520 children 'targets of online sexual abuse' in Scotland - News Article

Post by MultipleMe on 7/29/2016, 7:55 pm

Wow I can't believe the statistics! And that we haven't heard (right?) about this in the United States. The news is dominated by so many things right now that this doesn't (shamefully) take precedence. We should be asking ourselves what we can possibly do to help aid victims, to stop these things from happening, though part of me wonders if it's possible. I mean with such staggering statistics, what can we do? I know we can learn from this article that this is really going on, not to hide ourselves from it. Shoot, it's happened to us, we should remember that it still goes on. I'm glad that they have been discovered and I hope this type of investigation is going on somewhere in the U.S.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Re: More than 520 children 'targets of online sexual abuse' in Scotland - News Article

Post by felicity on 7/29/2016, 8:13 pm

Let's see, as survivors, what can we do?

I don't know - work together? The laws are already there to protect children - they have rights already. They have been there since 1978 - people worked hard then to get them passed.

We could have conferences that help clinicians and other professional working with victims to identify the problem and report. Conferences that bring survivors together to help them find strength in themselves to stand for other victims as well as themselves. We could build support groups that really support through education, awareness, and healing - rather than control and dependence.

I mean, what could we do? Some 'are' doing - everyday - 10-15 hours a day right here in this community.

When our last conference ended, I had people come to me in tears - finally, understanding what this is all about. One person said, "I only thought this happened in third world countries - not here."

The conference made a huge difference last year.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 7/29/2016, 9:24 pm

hoping our conference this year opens many eyes too!

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 7/30/2016, 10:35 am

Oh, I know that it will - even more than before, because more people have come to know what it is all about. The speakers are experts in the field of trauma and dissociation - meaning that information gained is correct and not just 'opinion'. It is all educational - no 'survivor stories' - not that they aren't important, but just not relevant to coming so far to see. Survivors learn and take away more than they could get from years of therapy. Some say that just 'getting there' made a huge difference in their lives. Clinicians and other professionals learn about DID and trauma - how it affects people - they learn acceptance. Supporters learn that having had trauma is common - and, how to relate to survivors when they have problems. All in all, as you know Krathyn, it is pretty amazing to be at a conference where anyone interested can come and 'learn' - it is not about awareness, but a learning experience that would cost thousands to hear in any other setting. And.... all of the speakers volunteer their time - because, they believe it is so important. Like our forum, people treat each other with respect, no one cares or knows who are the survivors, clinicians, or supporters - everyone chooses what they want on their name tags - and, it is so much fun just meeting everyone. A once a year time when people meet from all over the world to talk and get to know one another. We had about 50 survivors, 60 professionals, and the rest supporters and/or family. It was absolutely amazing - this year is turning out to be better with many new people registering - especially survivors.

And, just like our forum - it is easy-going. You can come to the workshops anytime - move from room to room at your will - or go hang in Seattle when you feel like it. The only terms are based on respect and validation for each other. So far, no problem there.

Abusers go to great length to scare survivors and victims into isolation. We all know that - and, they go to great lengths to pull the wool over the eyes of the public - and, it works mostly. Anyone who works within the system pretty much knows what 'politics' means - protect the abusers at the cost of the kids well-being - not all, but most. This conference is focusing on "Trauma Informed Care" - meaning how to implement a more 'caring' attitude toward survivors in all settings - educating everyone is a priority to make this happen.

This sting 'happened' because the people involved had training in 'Trauma-Informed Care' - otherwise they would not know what to look for in order to identify victims and abusers. So, they were probably well trained what to look for on the internet - how people were accessed, etc. And, as I continue to say - the internet is not safe unless survivors and victims are also informed and educated to know when they are in an unsafe place.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 5/27/2017, 8:33 am