Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

Article - Oregon CPS "DHS fires two top officials; agency hit with lawsuit alleging severe abuse" - Finally -

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Article - Oregon CPS "DHS fires two top officials; agency hit with lawsuit alleging severe abuse" - Finally -

Post by felicity on 7/29/2016, 11:57 am

DHS fires two top officials; agency hit with lawsuit alleging severe abuse

This is what needs to happen more often - Bravo.

http://www.kptv.com/story/31513231/dhs-fires-two-top-officials-agency-hit-with-60-million-lawsuit-alleging-severe-abuse

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Re: Article - Oregon CPS "DHS fires two top officials; agency hit with lawsuit alleging severe abuse" - Finally -

Post by krathyn on 7/29/2016, 7:39 pm

i read the story and it was a very sad one for those kids.
the cps people in charge failed to deal with evidence of starvation and physical and in some cases, sexual assault.
this had a trickle down effect, people who were at the top of this agency to the workers in the field to the actual foster families, everyone ignoring the truth.
people who take foster children need to be careful and upright and do right by those kids. this story is made all the sadder by having two children already starved and abused taken and two more children placed in this same home for the same fate.
they need to do this kind of housecleaning, where they make the people in the agencies accountable. I am glad to hear this is beginning to happen.
hopefully the children will be found a place to live where they can grow and gain weight and develop age appropriate emotional and educational abilities.
hopefully someone will show them they are worth caring about.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com

MultipleMe
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Re: Article - Oregon CPS "DHS fires two top officials; agency hit with lawsuit alleging severe abuse" - Finally -

Post by MultipleMe on 7/29/2016, 8:11 pm

Wow this reminds me of a similar case in my area. These kinds of situations are so tragic and horrible. Yet CPS agents can't seem to identify the problems and abuse that these kids face. I wonder if it's due to case load? Not that that is an excuse but what else could it be? If we could only make sense of this madness...
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 7/29/2016, 8:38 pm

Oh how very sad.  This has been happening since I was little and a teen stuck in the system - a very scary and brutal place to be - some 50 years ago - and, it is worse now then when I was young.

CPS?  There are good and bad workers - those who care do generally get out of the profession.  The foster system - mostly has gone private now - worse to take down when abuse is reported.  An example:  "The Wilderness Program" - been known by survivors since it open - and, reported - still running - yep.  And, unbelievable 'boy's town' is still running.  All of these 'protective' systems are screwed up - money-makers.  They protect the abusers - not the children.  

Is it 'really' wake-up time - isn't all of these clearly know?  Especially, by survivors.  What?  Did it stop when we decided to 'heal' ourself and forget about everyone else - just saying.  I know many survivors who are working themselves raw to help these situations - not enough - and, not working together.  This, as with any abuse, silences victims/survivors - and, gives abusers free-reign and actually, the support of people to continue without consequence.  

All teens fear the system and for good reason - their friends tell them what happens in these places.  

Again - 48 million survivors and too few finding the strength to speak out to enforce the laws that protect children, teens, and adults from abuse.  

Here is one survivor who bravely came forward recently - part 1 and part 2 - bravo -

You can find part one if interested.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 8/23/2017, 10:21 am