Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

Election Outcome - Thoughts, reflection, and discussion

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/9/2016, 11:47 am

Today, the outcome of the election has left a world reeling in feelings, opinions, and reflection. Will today be one of those days, like the day Kennedy died, when people will always remember what they were doing when the outcome of the election was announced? More importantly, will everyone remember what they 'felt'? I suggest that it will be much the same feeling - one of mourning and loss.

Regardless of whom won or loss or whom you voted for or why, this is a day when the entire world is thinking about the outcome - meaning that none can ignore what just happened in America. The outcome of this election is a message to Americans that we have never had a voice in whom determines our or our children's future safety or sense of freedom. We may feel that need to 'go back' and rethink and/or study how we came to be where we are today. Possibly, we will consider 'conspiracy theories' concerning some of our true leaders; ask ourself how or why were they murdered. Perhaps, we will consider the possibility that the 'elite' not only have control of us and our country, but also our future. And, everyone will realize the deep knowledge that freedom of speech is no longer an option. 'Fear' - how many feel the fear of speaking up - fear that you will be considered an 'enemy of the state' - a terrorist? And, all know how we got here - complacency - the belief that it will all be okay if we just ignore what is happening in our world. Let's ask ourself who will come along and save our fate now?

If you have not been listening, look around - the world is actually praying for us.

Personally, I am in mourning. It feels as though the gavel has dropped, the decision made for us. We must accept that, as a culture, we condone, and/or ignore abuse of children, discrimination, human trafficking, terrorism, mental health stigma, elitist world order, etc. If we can't accept, we can wonder why we mourn - in denial.

The truth - things are not going to get better from this day forward. History repeats itself, as we all know. Americans have ALLOWED so many atrocities that there is simply no turning back. We were told that we each had a voice - a democracy - but, our voices have been historically silenced.

So, I am writing this as what I have witnessed for 65 years of my life. I have spent my life speaking out for 'freedom' - the notion that everyone has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and those who take that right from another lose their right to freedom. This has historically not been the case at all, in my experience. One only has to read the statistics of child abuse, human trafficking, murders, etc. to realize that the victims are silenced while the perpetrators are elected into presidential office (for example). Just saying that many seem to be waiting for something 'different' to happen. Why would anything different happen?

That said, I have been reading posts all over the internet, mostly written by survivors of abuse. It has been said that 'survivors' are basically vulnerable and needy - easily influenced - controlled by others or their own feeling of inadequacy. I have argued this vehemently for decades. Survivors 'are' strong, intelligent, and independent.

Today, survivors have begun to speak out - loud and clear. Bravo! We don't need to depend on some creep in power to define our future. Some 48 million survivors in America standing for our rights should do it. What do you think? Isn't it about time? The people can create change - it just takes lots and lots of people who have loud enough voices and a passion to follow through. Sitting around hoping some Washington elite politician actually has all that power is a mistake that will end any hope of freedom in this country.

I put this up for discussion and hope that others might partake. It is important that we all respect and validate each others feelings and thoughts right now.

2016 copyright protected - Felicity Lee - do not copy without permission from author.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Like A Pheonix
Like A Pheonix
Like A Pheonix

Re: Election Outcome - Thoughts, reflection, and discussion

Post by Like A Pheonix on 11/9/2016, 12:16 pm

I'm actually really glad you brought this up, Felicity.

I have felt sick since the results came out. Emotionally sick, but it is having an impact on the body too. I'm actually terrified of what all of this could mean for persons like myself : lower class, disabled, dependent on already inadequate government assistance. I worry just as much for all the minority groups set to be singled out even more than they have already been. There might even be worse fates in-store for many, and that should have been a defining factor; one would think.

I'm ashamed of my country, but mainly of the people who reside here; the majority. The fact that things played out the way they did speaks volumes about how many citizens see the world. Honestly, it disgusts me. I knew hate was alive and well in too many forms in this nation. But the fact that it motivated so many to elect some one who mongers said hate and fear is almost baffling. I don't understand how ANY woman could have turned a blind eye to the actions and words of our now president-elect. I know survivors everywhere must be hurting. For me, it is a mix of pain and outrage.

A movement would be wonderful, but would we even be heard? Like truly heard? People are all too willing to block out anything they don't feel like facing. Now, I am by no means saying it shouldn't happen. The cultural attitude in this country concerning survivors is deplorable. We are blamed or outright disbelieved. Our suffering is minimized and justice is rarely served. Something has to change, and you're quite right; we can't wait on others to make it happen. If we could get a large-scale movement going that would be wonderful. I'm just not sure how to even begin such an undertaking.

I fear for the future now more than I ever have.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/9/2016, 12:28 pm

Well, I grew up in the 60's - no one ever spoke about an actual movement.  Lots was happening and each was fighting in their own way - fighting for our rights, watching our friends being drafted and killed, etc. etc.  It was a time when we didn't 'know' at the time that we were making a difference - so frustrating - that everything we did fell apart - so many leaders killed - a very sad time.  

I learned from being there that we never know how every word we say, every thing we write, every thing that we do makes a difference in the world.  You just made a difference by writing that post - do you know that?  That was 'your voice' - not some programmed version of what people want to hear - but, you all speaking out.  When we speak our own voice, we are strong - and mostly, we are right -

At any rate - a movement begins when many share 'feelings' and just do what they feel is 'right' -

Here is an example happening here in Seattle:
http://q13fox.com/2016/11/09/group-of-seattle-high-school-students-walk-out-of-classes-to-protest-election/

https://twitter.com/Q13FOX
https://www.facebook.com/theoregonian/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/9/2016, 2:37 pm

where i live groups of people blocked bridges and a major highway early in the morning.. i wish  i  could have been with them!
i voted. i voted for the  candidate i felt could lead the country because she  had experience with the country, and also be cause we are ready for a female leader.
i had heard some of the things this president elect said that were bigoted and mean spirited and i know about how some of how he got his money. 
feeling quite insecure about the outcome of this election, basing my hope on that any president is just a figurehead, they do not really lead the people.
disappointed. 

a bigot and a rapist was never my choice for president.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
Violet1
violet1
violet1

Post by Violet1 on 11/9/2016, 11:12 pm

I think it will be like going through the stages of grief.

Then the knowledge that there is nothing that can be done...

The 1960's will seem mild I'm afraid compared to the future.

..." and I said to my body, softly, ' I want to be your friend.' it took a long breath and replied, ' I have been waiting my whole life for this' "...
Patchesmany
Patchesmany
Patchesmany

Post by Patchesmany on 11/10/2016, 12:09 pm

I've decided to be pro activity about my own safety. I worry about the safety of myself and my child in a society that apparently is okay with a POTUS that has been accused of sexual assault.

We are going to take a class on self defense offered by our son's Tae Kwon Do master.

I'm bothered by the protests because they don't accomplish anything. I get people are upset, scared, and angry but turn it into action. Volunteer at a place that has a cause you believe in, a rap center, with miniroties, with LGTB. Get up and do something. Be the change you want to see in the world. It's okay to grieve, to be upset, but turn that into making a difference. Befriend the Muslim down the street. Talk to the Mexican who you see at the bus stop.

I pray that the new POTUS surrounds himself with people who have a clue. Foreign affairs concern me a lot. I am saddened and upset by all the forward progress to equality that will be erased. But that won't change my view or my thoughts on equality. I can stand up with those who will be made fun of, told to leave. I don't have to turn away. I won't let a man no matter his power change how I live.

Love always trumps hate. Always.

patches
mystory
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by mystory on 11/10/2016, 1:02 pm

I am at work and was at work yesterday (US Election Day)(now granted I'm a little sick), and I have not yet read your comments here, but I could not stop crying yesterday, I could barely do my work, and had to call in every bit of help I know of, including an old and new counsellor.. My young adult woman close to the surface due to doing a step 4 was devastated that a culturally bigotted, misogynist was the new leader of the free world. The grandmother and young adult J were inconsolable, and grieving all the women's rights efforts of the 60's & 70's on behalf of my grandchildren & others. The pain of going through this without our usual crutches was so incredibly intense we let someone care for us that we never had to do before.

But, do not worry about us, we will riSe. I'm not judging you guys, only trying to make sense.
mystory
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by mystory on 11/10/2016, 2:16 pm

Oh...just read your posts :,|

I should have known your posts would be the same as mine.

We will support you, don't worry. Around the world we know the situation. We know about the 1%, we know the alternative was not your fist choice, even though this decision has broken our spirit we will rise!

We love you all, we will stand by you, we WILL riSe again! This time more informed, and we know the youth are done! Just done.

LOVE
Big Joan & grandma Yaya
whitetiger
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by whitetiger on 11/10/2016, 7:52 pm

I'm going to lose my health insurance again. Which means no more helpful medicine or vaccines. I'm afraid to leave my apartment for any reason. This country is in chaos.
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/10/2016, 8:27 pm

your post brings it home more than most.
here, there are protests in the streets. the buses are all running late.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/11/2016, 9:32 am

I agree - how this will 'change' our country will be interesting.  

It is assumed that the 'majority' in America is made up of people who share common 'interest' and 'needs' - morals and principals of freedom and equality for all.  

The system is literally broken, because the culture is basically broken.  As was said, each and every person's actions and non-actions, beliefs and opinions lend to the overall cultural environment that was just defined by this election.  

And, people are 'surprised'?  Social media played a huge part in this election.  The very chaos that America has created through social media played a huge part in how people think now.  

First, many don't understand that there is no such thing as 'slander' on the internet.  Literally anything can be said - without a shred of evidence - 'freedom of speech' has turned to bullying, misinformation, fake news sites, etc.  And, people are listening and believing what they read.

When people actually enjoy 'taking people down' who don't agree with them, writing psychotic threats and lies - proclaiming themselves the anti-christ, etc. - and, people read this kind of crap - giving them the attention they seek, actually taking the time to figure out if they are 'for real' - rather than just block the crap, something is very wrong with our society.

Then groups who should be working together are trying to tear each other apart with propaganda meant to spark 'fear' and lies into a culture that doesn't understand that they are being influenced to relate to the very chaos that drove this election, morals and principals are turned away from - where is truth in the mess? - no one knows for sure.  

The 'minority' has become those who continue to base their actions and behaviors on principals of justice, freedom, and equality.  The majority of people love and live in a world of drama and chaos - actually addicted to such chaos where no rules of empathy and/or understanding of others apply.  

This should come as not surprise to those who have worked so diligently to bring awareness of what survivors have reported for years (abuse is alive and well in our country) - for those who want family values and world-peace to return to our country.  It would seem only 'natural' that everyone would agree that the majority doesn't stand for child-abuse, human trafficking, discrimination, etc.  

All this election really proved is what we already knew - the majority, in our culture today, actually encourages chaos, hatred, bullying, and discrimination in the name of 'freedom of thought'.  Free-will is a luxury - we get to believe what we like.  But, social psychology (the interaction of individuals, how they relate to and are influenced by others and the social atmosphere) is always changing based on what we read, where we spend our time, and how we are influenced and influence others.  So, no one lives on an island.  Each makes choices every day and in every instance on what they believe and how they will react - and, thus creating a society where majority-beliefs rule.  

Just saying that this could be the best thing that ever happened in our country - and, for the world to see.  People are waking up and realizing that 'they' elected a perpetrator - without even realizing what they did.  They, basically said - either - "We don't care about the children and/or survivors, basic human rights, morals, or principals that are 'good' and 'right'"  and/or "We agree that a perpetrator should help make this country rich through corruption and persecution." They didn't even consider that this man is a joke even to think that he would understand foreign affairs (which is the most difficult part to conceive).  

I believe that, the anger, sad, and mourning of this country - and others - is the stark knowledge of what has slowly been made apparent:  what our culture and society has come to accept as okay.

I don't believe that all of the hard work of those who continue toward peace and morality is lost at all.  I do believe that those who realize what they did may take a moment of silence and decide how this can be fixed - not the presidency - but the culture as a whole.  

I agree with Patches - that is the only way.  Each of us has a duty to protect our children, encourage love and peace, and mostly - justice.  Make your votes count - if you truly stand behind an abuser and perpetrator - by all means, support him - if not, continue protecting your 'own' views' - speak your 'own' voice to everyone you talk to.   Don't allow bs to influence you - don't get caught up in drama that hurts others.  Move forward rather than following those who, though possibly unknowingly, helped create this mess that we are in now.

I understand the feelings people are experiencing - our country just got smacked into a reality no one has wanted to see.  We now get to live - fully aware - of the country we have been living within for decades.  Nothing has changed  - only our awareness - which may be just what it takes to smack people into reality and a willingness to wake up and 'do something' to fix things.  

My thoughts for the day.....

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Like A Pheonix
Like A Pheonix
Like A Pheonix

Post by Like A Pheonix on 11/11/2016, 12:16 pm

Very sound thoughts, Felicity.

Most of us here knew about the hatred, the cruelty, the bigotry that exists I'm sure. But it has been brought into the spotlight, and people can't pretend it doesn't exist anymore. They can try; eventually even that will no longer be an option. Just seeing and reading about what has reared its ugly head already in grafitti, in threats, etc... It is no longer under wraps.

Unfortunately, however, most who voted for this man stand by and defend their choice. Many are women too, which baffles me. I have heard soooo many excuses or efforts to explain away why they voted as they did. Most claim they simply wanted change, were tired of the establishment, and believe he can bring about the change we need. That's their excuse for ignoring the racism, the xenophobia, the sexism, the dangers of letting some one who is unqualified and unstable have control of our military. I don't think some will be woken from this self-induced slumber until it touches them, someone in their life or some one they love. That's the truly frustrating and frightening part in my opinion.

We have to show solidarity. We can't simply sit back and watch. I know these are only words on a screen, but as you've said, social media has proven the power that can have. It is however sadly very difficult to try and speak with or reason with so many who made this election result a reality. They quickly resort to name calling or simply tell others to stop whining and accept what has happened. I have to wonder, how do we get through to these people in any way if they're not willing to listen to any voice that doesn't agree with them.

I did read about something that I will be doing to show my solidarity; that I stand with those who face oppression or worse. It started in the UK with the whole Brexit disaster. People there were also very frightened, and they faced a lot of the same hate. To show their support of those under attack or accusation, to show that they supported the safety of these people and would work to defend it; some began to wear a simple safety pin on their clothing. I'm wearing one now. It's meant to send the message that we are friends and we will fight to defend the rights and safety of anyone who has been singled out. Its a small gesture, but if it gets a movement started, it could end up meaning quite a lot. If anyone in our nation feels the same way as I do, I hope they wear one too. It's a personal choice of course, and there is no pressure or judgement in whether you do or don't. I can understand that it might not be safe for some. But I have chosen to take this up.

I'm glad this discussion is here and we have a place to speak our mind and express our feelings about what has become reality. It's important that dialogue like this continue everywhere. Every little bit helps after all. And where we see injustice, we must act. We must let ourselves be heard en masse. We cannot let blind hatred silence the voices of those of us who seek to improve this broken society.
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/11/2016, 7:02 pm

thank you San
i  am looking for a safety pin. right  now.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
Cambria
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Cambria on 11/11/2016, 7:19 pm

We are losing our minds with this.
Processing still...we need to not be ill and with our monthly "visitor" to be able to attempt to see things more clearly.
But right now, immediately, as a person of color, a woman by birth, and someone who also identifies as queer...we are heartbroken and terrified.
We have a child.
We have friends who will suffer.
We are so scared.
Right now, we are regrouping, trying to work out how we will get through this.
More thoughts soon. For now, we are surviving.

Best,
-Cecil et al
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/12/2016, 10:35 am

I have a tattoo:

I forget often that it is even there, but people often ask what it means. I tell them that it is my heart wrapped around those whom I protect - survivors of abuse - those who have suffered at the hands of others. And, people are interested - they tell me their own stories - all sorts of people.

This year, for the first time, I wore the flower that I got at the store when I gave a dollar to the vet -

Buttons, flowers, ribbons, safety pins - they mean a lot to people - symbols of what we believe in - without having to try to convince anyone.

My true belief is that what went on during this election and the outcome has been a 'symbol' to everyone that we are screwed (helpless), silenced. Not true at all - nothing has changed and won't change - he does not have that much power - it is an illusion. The 'power' remains with the people and within our own communities.

We, as survivors - and, within the survivor community - are acutely aware of the atrocities that happen internationally. Yes, people are going to argue their position - they never felt helpless in their lives - they are more afraid then us.

Someone wrote on the net that we have been triggered by this whole thing - can that be true - I believe that many of us are - triggered. That makes sense - deep breaths, staying in touch with the reality of the 'now' - within each of our lives. Talking about how we 'feel' - understanding ourself and how we can move forward as this whole thing plays out. We have learned right from wrong - we know and have taught our children about peace, love, forgiveness, and acceptance. That cannot be taken away.

There are some people out there who know, but still fight to keep their racist ideas, etc., but the laws that have changed were voted in by the people - the majority - in local elections -

People hitting the streets and speaking are making a statement to the world that 'we', as a country, do not back this man or his ideas. That is amazing and has never happened before. Everyone is doing their part - and, not to 'hurt' him or change the election, but finally to raise voices that we are NOT a country that will sit still in the face of moving backwards as a society.

We, as survivors, have been fighting this sort of thing since we were children - and, in the face of every adversity, have continued - we never were silenced -

Just saying that seeing this whole thing as a positive catapult to positive change and awareness is worth thinking about.

Going to find a safety pin

You all are the best.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
MeMyselfAndUs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by MeMyselfAndUs on 11/14/2016, 3:16 pm

This election has really effected our physical and mental health. Living in Arizona now, I want to go back to California, Democrats don't pay any attention typically. This year has been different. My oldest son pushed us to take advantage; and so we went to see Mrs. Obama and Hillary Clinton. We were very close both times. Afterwards we were hopeful that maybe the feelings of doom we were having internally might be wrong.
As the results came in last Tuesday. the feelings of terror became overwhelming. As a Native-American/African-American/White disabled widowed mother of two Special Needs part Mexican Sons, I am ashamed and terrified. In addition my mother who came here from Canada as a child has never gotten her legal citizenship.
I have been working for 15 years on controlling panic attacks so leaving the house is possible, but that is out of the window. The fear of being attacked or confronted by someone who now feels they have license to do so because of the campaign run by the President-elect. The fear of losing our Healthcare and social security is almost unbearable.
The protests are a good thing, in my view. 99% of the rights we have were won because of protests. If I was physically young and didn't have children, protesting would be at the top of our lists of things to do.
The Safety pin movement is hopeful. When I read a post on Twitter about it on Wednesday morning; and I changed my profile picture right away and went searching for one to wear.
This will most likely not be the last time we need to vent but it is good to have a safe place to do so. There have been a few places that has not been the case. So we thank you for always being a safe place for us.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/14/2016, 4:40 pm

The kids are marching here in Seattle - I am so proud of them. They have rights also.

This is a great forum - where everyone is respected, validated, and supported as special and significant - it has always been that and will never change.

It is how the world 'should' be - I am sorry for all of those who have been affected by stuff that just seems to okay to do and say since this election.

Come by anytime and vent - this is a public area - so, just know that anyone can read here. You can log in and post privately also.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/14/2016, 7:07 pm

hey hi Felicity!
i am still wearing my Safety Pin. And i remembered yesterday that when someone gave me a piece of his mind,, his opinion, which he is entitled to, that hey, i am entitled to mine as well!

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/15/2016, 10:24 am

Yep, we are! It is triggering to hear the racial slurs, opinions that are clearly discriminatory, etc.

To understand that people who 'believe' that crap were raised to believe it - I think - does help.

When we talk about 'programming', Mind Control, etc. we think of it as a form of abuse - right? Well, for us it is. We were taught to believe all sorts of lies - by racist, perpetrators seeking power and money. For some of us, the programming was 'organized' to create more racist, power hungry puppets who would carry out their beliefs and abuse.

Many survivors have fought back - and, declared that we will break this programming - it is wrong and has taken away our freedom of thought. We won't follow them - we would rather starve and be free. Bravo -

But, for many, many other 'victims', they remain unaware that what they believe and how they behave is not their choice - though we do know that there is choice, they do not know. For us, we look at them closely as they spout out the same messages that we were taught. Their eyes are fixed, and they remain unaware of what anything they say 'means' - unaware that none of it is sensible - that they are simply the pawns of powerful people who trained them to follow without thought. They will argue - their denial is such that you cannot reason with them.

And, 'they' are in the millions of folks and have been alive and well in our country for a very long time. They are the ones who don't believe that 'programming' even happens - they believe that there is no such thing as DID or Mind Control or SRA, that abuse statistics are not correct, that human trafficking is not 'real', that everyone who recalls such experiences have 'false memories', etc. etc. They are 100% cult-loyal - and, those of us who know what that 'means' do understand.

I am not giving 'them' an excuse - there is no excuse for this sort of behavior - when we all do have freedom of thought - of action.

TW
TW
TW

I am going to just say this outright - without beating around the bush. And, I don't want it to trigger - but, I do think it needs to be said - and - suggest that this is one of the reasons that so many are grieving right now.

There are 2 points of view - basically - 1) Power and money are what creates a powerful country. 2) Freedom, loyalty, equality, creates a unified country.

For centuries, powerful elite have spent billions programming people and working to create a basically white, elite, powerful country that can rule the world. Everyone is aware of this - it isn't a secret.

All they needed was to gain the support of at least an illusion of a majority of people believing and following them.

That is the reality we are facing now. We now have the very perpetrator, abusers - cultural-mindset of 'cult-loyals' running our country - giving a voice to the millions who have always been here - until, now being heard loud and clear - no longer in the shadows influencing the public to believe that there was never a problem in this country.

They were simply awaiting the right time to make themselves public. Would they be accepted now? Is it the right time for them to move in and think that they can say whatever they please, do whatever they please without the public trying to stop them? It would have seemed so by the way people were behaving for the past several decades - sitting back accepting without a voice.

So, yes - we are triggered, because we 'know' why we were programmed, we know what they are up to, we know that their points of view are wrong and abusive - attempts to control everyone - really? We know the promises they make - to be able to control the world by controlling the beliefs of the majority. This is not the first time this has been attempted - of course - history has shown that it 'can't be done'.

I believe that this is their first real attempt here - and, no - not a conspiracy theory - we 'see' it now - happening right in front of us.

And, we see the people taking to the streets with their signs, the students fighting this attempt at control - and, it isn't going to stop. This is an experiment in stopping the silence - in hearing how the majority really feels about being controlled by the powers to be. It isn't going to happen.

Yes, just looking at and listening to Trump is triggering to us - we see him for what he is - for those who have not been abused and raised in good solid home, they won't stand for any of it either. They are angry - not triggered.

So, to sum up - I feel sorry for those pawns unable to 'see' that they are being controlled, for those of us who are working to break this sort of programming - bravo - keep up the good work - and, to those who think they can control the masses to be their little puppets - f*ck them. Just saying.

Be well - and, I hope this didn't trigger anyone - I just want everyone to know that no one has 'lost' anything, except the perps and abusers - who have us to answer to - now that they have made this move - it won't be easy for us to get them out of power - nothing worthwhile is - right? We know that.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/16/2016, 9:57 pm

joining in the good fight, and letting people know.
wearing a safety pin in a conspicuous place. 
me, i volunteer in a cat shelter. cats are beyond things like mind control, prejudice and perpetration..
they just want someone to love them, feed them, play with them.
black cats, tabby cats, orange cats and calico cats all cost the same. 
so we don't care what color you are either.
i have yet to see a litter box marked "spays only" or any one care if two male or two female cats are bonded.
so, we will go on doing this.
and when someone spouts a lot of rhetoric, we know we are entitled to OUR point of view as well.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
Patchesmany
Patchesmany
Patchesmany

Post by Patchesmany on 11/19/2016, 6:45 pm

We very much have been triggered by this election outcome. Politics never mattered much to us because really neither side has our interests at heart. No matter what they say we believe they mostly do what benefits the rich. We always felt safe, though. Always felt even if they did things we didn't like, we would ourselves be safe. But now we don't. Suddenly we are thrown back into that childhood feeling of fear daily, living and wondering constantly what is next. And it is so triggering for us. We see the blast at racism and it just boggles our mind.

patches
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/24/2016, 6:22 pm

Well, I didn't get to go to the "Hands Around Green Lake" I wanted to - I knew it would peaceful and just my sort of thing - but, I got so sick that day and could stand in the rain. I am awed at Seattle - 3,000 people showed up and actually made it all the way around the lake - and, it is a big lake. There are other videos out there that show more of the people - and lots of doggies too -

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Sals Pals
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Sals Pals on 11/30/2016, 7:51 am

Will try to get back here later. I need food! Maybe I can figure this out - I love computers but we s**K at it.
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/30/2016, 11:20 am

feel much as you do Patches, that there are real unsafe things about this political structure.
it never mattered this much to us either.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
Sals Pals
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Sals Pals on 12/5/2016, 6:25 am

I'm scared. What if he cuts our health care?
whitetiger
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by whitetiger on 12/5/2016, 1:19 pm

That's my fear too Sals Pals
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 12/5/2016, 3:30 pm

I watched a really great show on hulu last night. Michael Moore in Trumpland - It might have been on Amazon - not sure - but well worth the watch.

Here is the link to see the trailer -

or you can use this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MPYBZTG/?ref=dvm_us_tvod_sl_Q4tst_45_pc_trumpland

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 12/5/2016, 9:47 pm

i hear many people say they are afraid of Trump taking away Medicare and what some have called Obamacare.
i am fairly sure he cannot do the first one without a huge public outcry. Medicare is a standard for over 50 years, applies to almost everyone who retires and many of us with disability and both Democrats and Republicans.
while Obamacare is much newer and does not have as broad a following, it is also something that affects all political parties.
Trump does not have any political experience. He does not know whether he has power to do these things as president.
those of us who are concerned can write our local congressmen/women.
Many of them have email these days and some respond to them.
i do not think he will get very far abolishing standard social programs for medical care.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 12/11/2016, 3:29 pm

Agreed

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Cambria
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Cambria on 12/12/2016, 7:01 pm

We are still so scared...we wear a safety pin; we speak out against this bullsh*t. We (and lots of our coworkers) have spoken very strongly and then stopped talking completely to a Trump supporter in our midst; when they tell us he's going to "fix" everything, when he said we were "going to hell" for who we are...we stopped talking to him. He knows how much we disapprove of his terrible choice...
Ugh.
We can't. We still can't. We've been drinking to forget so much.
So here we are. Still trying to cope. Not well.
Husband is looking for a job in Canada; we already know we can transfer to another store in Canada...so it's up to him.
Just...I don't know. It's a mess in here and we are so scared.
We just had to come and say we were scared.
Thanks.

-Everyone
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 12/12/2016, 8:53 pm

yesterday when i did my Mentoring assignment, i noticed both the other Mentor and the student were wearing safety pins.
mine was at home on my desk, i forgot to pin it on my uniform.
there are probly many people who are fleeing to Canada or looking for work in Canada.
Best of luck with whatever you wind up doing.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 12/17/2016, 1:15 pm

I was watching the 'Circus' on Showtime the past couple nights.  I just wanted to know how this happened.  What was anyone thinking about when they voted for him - he has a long record of being a creep -

So, I am watching it all play out and realize the NO ONE really thought he would even actually be elected - even those who voted for him - even on election day.  They were all acting like it was just a 'game'.  Very strange that people - including me - seemed unable to really connect what happened.  

It is like a denial or shock that has to really sink in.  What did the American people do?  And, with internet, it makes it all so much closer to home - right?

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 12/17/2016, 4:38 pm

wonder what will happen now.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
Patchesmany
Patchesmany
Patchesmany

Post by Patchesmany on 12/17/2016, 4:50 pm

I read an interesting article that said that people who live in rural America voted for him because the establishment and society has ignored their problems, that small town America is dying and that trump appealed to them and promised he would fix small town America. It was an interesting article, although I really doubt Trump is capable of that. He has no idea what it is like in small town America, nor has he any idea what normal americans live like, let alone poor America.

patches
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 12/17/2016, 8:49 pm

come to think of it i read something like that too.
in my state it fit, the cities voted for Clinton and the rural areas voted for Trump.
we have a city area on the west but the majority is actually rural.
the state has an official vote for Clinton because the cities are bigger.
still just wonder what will "really" happen.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 12/16/2017, 6:39 am