Welcome to Ivory Garden DID Support Forum

Welcome Guests to Ivory Garden DID Support Forum

Come on in and take a look around.

Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Create your chat login

Please use your exact IG-DID membername so that the avatar loading will work correctly

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

DID is trauma based: further evidence supporting the trauma model of DID - article

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

DID is trauma based: further evidence supporting the trauma model of DID - article

Post by felicity on 12/12/2016, 12:33 pm

This is a great article - and, a great site where you can find other article that normally you would have to pay for. Please share it around on the net and like and share it here. Notice that you can upload the pdf free - that is extremely rare.

We can also discuss parts of this article here if anyone wishes to. Remember that this is an open-to-the-public-forum

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/309162354_DID_is_trauma_based_further_evidence_supporting_the_trauma_model_of_DID

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
StarrySkies
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Re: DID is trauma based: further evidence supporting the trauma model of DID - article

Post by StarrySkies on 12/19/2016, 1:53 am

Granted, I began reading the article in the middle of the night while supervising a homeless Warming Shelter at a new Church I happen to like for its simplicity and putting your money where your mouth is sort of thing.

Anyway, the article now begins defending itself from a group of authors that slammed the results of this study. I find it absolutely impossible for anyone to think otherwise. Yes, something NOT GOOD happened to fracture the personality and I have horrific evidence of amnesic blocks and memories held by other parts.

What I find sad is the fantasy model, by whatever name they give it. When I listen back to my messages to professionals and a little girl begins to talk in the middle of my message and then I pick up right where "I" left off, I'm either haunted or have DID. Somehow I think the fantasy authors would want to argue I may be haunted. Fools.

It is troublesome that the research N was small, however, we are not an easy group to gather and study. Many if not all of us would be far to fragile or paranoid to even participate in such a study, especially since they are looking for fakers and we all fear being called a faker. My mother doesn't even know about my DID but my diagnosis on my disability is Chronic Major Depression with Psychosis. My mother deems me to be very intelligent and therefore I am capable of convincing experienced pdocs over 10 years of this without a break in character. Really?

I am tired, did we read that the DID people tended to perform higher on intelligence measurements. I have heard for many years that it takes a very creative limber mind to manifest DID. I can see how that would be true. I also believe I saw research between PTSD and DID. Again, are there people with DID and no PTSD? My T said you had to have trauma in the young years to have littles that age. I need to ask her what evidence she is basing that on. I have asked if I could have simply been born for a likelihood of DID and the physical abuse I endured or saw triggered it. Felicity, it is almost 2 AM and I apologize if I sound like an 8th grader trying to make sense of a magazine article, but I would like to hear more input from you about this article. StarrySkies
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Re: DID is trauma based: further evidence supporting the trauma model of DID - article

Post by krathyn on 12/19/2016, 10:16 am

i remember my T telling me that if you have DID, you have c-PTSD, one is that closely related to the other.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 12/19/2016, 10:33 am

I believe that the original article is also posted here.

TOPDD/Bethany Brand does great research on DID - a lot of the studies seem like 'dah', but many people don't even believe in DID - so, guess we start with the basics for them.

The cool thing is that they made these studies public enough that we can actually download the whole study - very unusual. Most studies of this type are locked away in journals that we have to pay to get access to.

I believe that when we published the original study here, people mentioned that they were studying 'false memories', iatrogenic DID, etc - and, we realized that they must take what is out there - and prove it so or not so. They are not taking either side, but doing research to prove or disprove.

I think it very interesting - the outcome of many of their studies - unusual to find someone doing 'appropriate' studies - the outcome being proof that DID is a real and valid condition.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 12/19/2016, 10:54 am

i found it difficult to download the study, just got stuck when i clicked on it.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
StarrySkies
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by StarrySkies on 12/19/2016, 11:17 am

I may not have found the ore-defense article.
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 5/23/2017, 5:31 pm