Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

How Does This Sound?

Morgan
Admin
Admin

How Does This Sound?

Post by Morgan on 2/19/2017, 2:42 pm

Felicity mentioned that there will be a room where anyone can present at the conference this year. What do you guys think about a presentation on integration? It would be a great topic to teach providers. What are your opinions? Morgan

I love my Family of Choice, IG
Administrator
Shirley J. Davis

krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Re: How Does This Sound?

Post by krathyn on 2/19/2017, 4:34 pm

the more i read the more i think the topic, integration, means different things to people with DID and people who are trying to "treat" it.
when i went into therapy I thought i would integrate to one personality with everything and now 15 years later it means there are five of us instead of 58 and we communicate and work together really well, and we left therapy like this two years ago.
Some people who do integrate all the way to one end up with more trouble than the way they were as just multi. Sometimes they fall apart when there is stress. Maybe the definitions need to be clear.
reading here, i see lots of people refer to integration as good information and communication rather than joining personalities at all.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
Morgan
Admin
Admin

Post by Morgan on 2/20/2017, 1:06 pm

Thank you Krathyn. That's what I'm hearing and believing too. I think it would be opportune to teach providers what the truth is about integration from our point of view. Morgan

Administrator
Shirley J. Davis

krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 2/24/2017, 8:46 pm

sounds like you have some work cut out for you!

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
Morgan
Admin
Admin

Post by Morgan on 2/25/2017, 10:52 am

I've been writing a new book on, guess what, integration. It has been kind of difficult, but I want to express to anyone who is searching for information on the subject what the realities of integration are in reflection to what traditionally t's and pdoc's have believed it to be. It is such a deep and interesting subject and important too. Morgan

Administrator
Shirley J. Davis

bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 3/2/2017, 10:26 am

Okay Morgan. Can I read your book that you are still working on now??? We Don't want to integrate. Afraid of losing the best of each person. Shoot, it took me 5 months to acknowledge that some folks inside are not parts. They are actually fragments. I call them my minions now.
StarryNight
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by StarryNight on 3/2/2017, 11:18 am

Oh wow, that's such an awesome idea. I think more therapist/pdocs need to understand integration from the clients perspective.
Morgan
Admin
Admin

Post by Morgan on 3/2/2017, 4:42 pm

Let me just say that integration DOES NOT mean losing anyone, rather you form a sort of co-op where everyone works together for the good of all. The others still exist, I mean where can they go? All of my alters ARE me. They can't leave anymore than I can. I'm sorry if I distressed you bpoppe. That certainly was not my intention. Morgan

Administrator
Shirley J. Davis

bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 3/2/2017, 7:41 pm

Morgan.... You didn't stress me at all.  I am enjoying learning from you.  I think a more accurate appraisal for me would be I'm just starting so why on earth would I want to integrate.  I'm still learning all of these folks inside me.

I appreciate your thoughtful insights here.
Morgan
Admin
Admin

Post by Morgan on 3/3/2017, 10:29 am

Cool! Yes, integration is for later. I'm so glad you enjoy learning from IG. We enjoy having you here too. Morgan

Administrator
Shirley J. Davis

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is 8/23/2017, 3:00 am