Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

Ross Institute for Trauma

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 3/23/2017, 3:00 pm

The Ross Institute for Trauma is a 20 bed adult unit on the campus of UBH, University Behavioral Health Hospital in Denton, TX. We have a robust, intensive program with 35 groups a week and individual therapy 3x a week. The program is based on Dr Ross’s “Trauma Model,” and emphasizes the effects of trauma as multiple symptoms and addictions expressed by multiple diagnoses.
Our average length of stay is 2 weeks for the inpatient program with an option of partial hospital for 2 weeks as well.
The program is under the directions of Dr Colin A Ross and he is at the program 2 days a week.
We accept most private insurance and Medicare.

Program Philosophy And Treatment

• The Trauma Model recognizes that human personality is composed of different elements or ego states that shape individual thought and behavior. Unresolved trauma and attachment conflicts interrupt this normal psychological structure. As a result, the mind maintains an unhealthy fragmentation of thought, feeling, memory, and perception manifested as extensive comorbidity.
  • The Trauma Program does not utilize regressive treatment modalities such as focusing on the retrieval of repressed memories. The treatment team members work collaboratively utilizing a multidisciplinary focus to ensure an integrated approach emphasizing acute stabilization, improved affect regulation, and increased
    ego strength. While in the program, patients are expected to be responsible for their behaviors and committed to treatment.
  • Referring therapists are an integral part of the treatment team. The Trauma Program works closely with referral sources to ensure continuity of care and to formulate efficient treatment recommendations.

Patient Population

The Ross Institute Trauma Program treats all diagnoses related to unresolved trauma and attachment issues.

Unresolved trauma is often expressed in the following diagnoses:

• Post traumatic stress disorder
  • Chemical addictions
  • Eating disorders
  • Borderline personality disorder
  • Somatization disorder
  • Dissociative disorders
  • Depression

Programs Available

• Inpatient
  • Partial Hospitalization
  • 31 groups offered per week, which are provided by Master, Ph.D., and M.D. level clinicians
  • In addition to groups, each patient will be provided with an individual therapist who will see him/her three times per week for inpatient and two times per week for our partial program

Special Therapy Groups

• Cognitive and Educational Groups
  • Experiential Groups
  • Process Groups

Validity Of Memories

Current research indicates that memory recall is, at best, unreliable. Fortunately, healing does not take place at the level of memories or their retrieval. Rather, healing occurs at the level of processing and integrating feelings, thoughts, and perceptions and re-framing cognitive distortions. Therapeutic neutrality is essential for processing unresolved issues of any kind.

Signs of unresolved trauma and admission criteria:

• Suicidal ideation
  • Homicidal ideation
  • A pattern of out-of-control and self injurious behaviors
  • Self-destructive addictions

• Dual diagnosis
    • Eating disorders
    • Self mutilation
    • Sexual addictions

These symptoms are often driven by one or more of the following:

• Intrusive thoughts, images, feelings, and nightmares
  • Flashbacks
  • Extensive comorbidity/multiple diagnoses
  • Inability to tolerate feelings and conflicts
  • Staying stuck in the victim, rescuer, or perpetrator role
  • Disorganized attachment patterns
  • Black-and-white thinking and other cognitive distortions
  • Pathological and unresponsive dissociation

Visiting Professionals Program

Visiting professionals will have the opportunity to experience a variety of group therapy interventions including: cognitive therapy, anger management, psychodrama, process groups, trauma education, and art therapy.
Visitors are included in the multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings. For more information regarding the visiting professionals programs, please contact Kristi Lewis at (214) 662-3963 or Kristi.lewis@uhsinc.com

About The Ross Institute

The Ross Institute was created to provide educational services, research, and quality clinical treatment in the areas of trauma, comorbidity, and addictions.
The program is under the direction of Colin A. Ross, M.D., an internationally renowned clinician, speaker, researcher, and author.
The program is based on Dr. Ross’s “Trauma Model.” This model emphasizes the effects of trauma as multiple
symptoms and addictions expressed by multiple diagnoses.
Available 24/7, call 940-320- 8100 or 1-888- 320-8101
2026 W University Dr Denton TX 76201

This information taken from the Ross Institute for Trauma Website – please visit for more information.

Many of our members have been here.  If you have questions, just post them.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Morgan
Admin
Admin

Re: Ross Institute for Trauma

Post by Morgan on 3/24/2017, 12:07 pm

Dr. Ross also has a hospital in Grand Rapids Michigan. I've been there twice and have left with a much greater understanding of myself and DID both times. The name of the hospital is Forest View. Morgan

I love my Family of Choice, IG
Administrator
Shirley J. Davis

krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 3/24/2017, 3:48 pm

i have never been to a "trauma hospital" only to psych wards in general hospitals or general psych hospitals with varying amounts of expertise. I did not have the diagnosis of DID except the last time, now 12 years ago.
I hope that if it becomes necessary to go to hospital again that i can go to one of these.
Of course, I really hope to never have to go to a psych related hospital again.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 3/24/2017, 5:25 pm

I support you totally Krathyn. In anything you want the best. For example, if I am a football player I would not go to a soccer camp. Or a tennis player to a fishing camp. I like these analogies. They're fun..
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 3/24/2017, 5:58 pm

cool analogies.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
Morgan
Admin
Admin

Post by Morgan on 3/25/2017, 1:09 pm

Going to a facility that knows how to help with DID issues is really great. I too hope to never darken the doorstep of a psyche hospital again but I wouldn't hesitate if things got out of control. Morgan

I love my Family of Choice, IG
Administrator
Shirley J. Davis

bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 3/25/2017, 8:53 pm

I'm with you on that!!!!!
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 8/23/2017, 10:24 am