Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

IGDID - A huge thank you to past and present members

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

IGDID - A huge thank you to past and present members

Post by felicity on 4/25/2017, 11:39 am

Today, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has ever been or still is a member of IGDID Support Forum.

IGDID has been around for over a decade now. During that time, members have come and gone. All who have ever been here have supported Ivory Garden as a group and members as individuals by validating and respecting each other.

I have watched those who remain grow and heal over time.

Today, I wondered what this last decade would have been like for me if IGDID folks had never entered my life. Because I come here every day, and because I did make a promise that I would never walk away from this forum, I have been privileged to meet some extraordinary people over a decade of time. I don't believe that I would be here today if not for all of these folks.

I made this video some 5 years ago - my way of expressing my deep appreciation. I feel no different today than the day it was created. I would like to again share it to you all. Feel free to respond to this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2i9GlUHHsg

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Morgan
Admin
Admin

Re: IGDID - A huge thank you to past and present members

Post by Morgan on 4/25/2017, 12:24 pm

You are the best Felicity. Ivory Garden has been a huge part of my healing journey. I felt so alone and isolated until I found this site. Now I have a huge extended family that I can visit, get support from and give support. You are so brave and I really thank you for all your sacrifices of time and the toll this place has taken on you emotionally at times. Thank you Felicity. Morgan

I love my Family of Choice, IG
Administrator
Shirley J. Davis

unicorn-Ann
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by unicorn-Ann on 4/25/2017, 3:09 pm

felicity you are the best.
because of IG online, we are not alone. we are not crazy or lying. we are understood. and when we thought you all werent real (yeah crazy right?), there is IG in person - the conference.
we thank all of you - our family of choice.

all of us
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 4/25/2017, 7:21 pm

we are thankful for this group and every member. we are glad to be part of this group where we can contribute and many contribute to us.
the whole DID problem is something most people do not understand.
but people here do understand

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
Cambria
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Cambria on 4/26/2017, 8:40 pm

Oh, Felicity, thank you so much for this post, and for sharing that lovely video again.
I remember signing up to this forum over three years ago now (could it have been so long??) and it was all the pictures and videos with faeries and angels and the music that led us here. Little "none", to be exact, our little girl inside. She held my hand and asked if I would sign us up. So, here we are.
Wow. I haven't been out in ages. I suppose we're in a pretty calm state right now, just came home from dance class, and randomly decided to jump online.
More soon I hope, but I wanted to tell you (and everyone here at IG) that we are so, so thankful for this place.
We are still trying to work through so much, and we take a step forward and a couple back sometimes, but we have never felt judged here. There has always been so much support, and we might not have made any sort of sense out of anything without the understanding we've found here.
You have been nothing but kind and welcoming to us, and we will always be thankful for that.

And now, we really must go to bed. Work tomorrow.
But maybe we'll watch the video one more time...

Have a wonderful night.

Love,
-Cambria et al
Feychilde and all
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

Post by Feychilde and all on 5/1/2017, 8:45 pm

Hi Felicity, After a decade I hope you know how I feel about you! You have been through so much keeping this board going and keeping it safe. You have given so much to all of us in the survivor community. It has meant a lot to me that you have so willingly accepted me back in as we have darted in and out over the last 10 years or however long it has been. On top of that, you have organized a great staff and even a conference!! Wow! I really wish we could come to that. Thank you for all of your hard work. You are truly an inspiration and thank you for having this place for all of us to come to.
StarryNight
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by StarryNight on 5/25/2017, 7:14 am

Awe I'm feeling the warm fuzzies.

You guys are all so awesome!! I'm super thankful for Ivory Gardens. It's so great to have a safe space to talk with others like me.
bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 5/25/2017, 9:08 am

here-here

This site has brought me peace, anger, frustration, giggles, knowledge and most important new friends.

TY Felicity and all others who make this such a special place
islandgirl
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by islandgirl on 5/25/2017, 9:37 am

Felicity, this is a beautiful and touching video. Thank you for IG, it is a
safe place to come to.
Samantha48
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Samantha48 on 6/26/2017, 11:17 pm

... Oh boy, this long. I'm so touched, moved in my heart; I might nog be here every day but you all have a place in my heart. You believe in healing, and when I came back I realised my latest years tranformed from surviving into a journey of healing... and this is what Ivory is about. Being a safe invironment, with friends who understand, accept you... to heal, one step.. two steps...
I might not be here every day but you friends mean the world to me.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 6/27/2017, 5:24 pm

Aww, I know - that is the cool thing about us all keep returning here - a long journey - I should make another video about that. This video is really old - I made it a long time ago. Do you see, I have all of the old avatars and sigs from the old yuku site - 7 years ago - sheesh - I still remember them. Feeling all nostalgic

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
ScrambledMedley
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by ScrambledMedley on 6/27/2017, 6:38 pm

Thank you, Felicity. You really made this board a very successful one and a place I would rather be anyday. I know that without this board, life's been a struggle. I appreciate everyone here who can understand the trials of just being in a world that simply doesn't understand. It's always been my belief that the result of what we went through isn't really an illness; it's just a creative way to cope in a hostile environment. But that's just me; maybe I'm wrong for thinking that way. But I just want to let you know I love you all (I hope it isn't wrong to say that) and that it's good to be in a place that is safe where we can talk to each other about what is troubling us. There is understanding here.
Thank you.
Christina
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 6/27/2017, 6:57 pm

I so agree

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Marlo
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

Post by Marlo on 6/30/2017, 10:12 pm

I am SO thankful for this site and for the members I have met. I am new and am looking forward to meeting others. This is such a unique and sacred space for survivors and all their parts to come and find acceptance, support, and understanding. It helps humanize and normalize our experiences. Many many thanks Felicity and All Members!
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/1/2017, 7:51 pm

oh here we are again, how beautiful again!

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 11/24/2017, 4:18 pm