Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

Keywords

• Reply to topic

Recipe/Process for Thrive

Dymond
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Recipe/Process for Thrive

Post by Dymond on 7/25/2017, 3:27 pm

I thought I would share my observation on what served my journey well. How I got to the land of thrive from victim to survivor to thriver. For me recovery translates into having capacity to realize one's passions and to attract functional/safe/healthy people into one's life. If one has DID, for me it means one manages life in an integrated fashion. It does not mean one will never ever have a flashback, nor does it mean that all layers of your traumas have been processed. It means you've processed enough to be able to have moments of rich fulfillment and the skills to cope with being triggered, or deeper layers being processed.

RECIPE FOR THRIVE-from my memoir process
Each survivor ultimately finds his or her own path. I do not believe there is one definitive path to wholeness. While one healing modality may work well for one, it may not resonate for another. What I do believe holds most honest/authentic is that survivors can indeed learn from the experiences from fellow survivors, especially those who have obtained a state of thrive – those who have processed the gnitty gritty of their respective hells and are living fulfilling lives. What also holds true/authentic is that we can also learn from the research that has been conducted and the wisdom of the healers that have worked with survivors of extreme trauma. A final aspect that I think may be a constant, although survivors may not be aware of it, is that once one enters the healing flow, the body/mind/spirit will naturally seek to work its way back to an integrated/balanced state. In essence, like making a dance, one can trust the process.

Like a creative performance, it all comes together in the end, and at some point, the dance seemingly makes itself with a great deal of effort on the dance makers behalf. It is as if the completed dance already exists, and ones own actions ignite the energy of change facilitating the eventual manifestation in this dimension. A human life can be seen as a dance to me, and in some dimension of time and space, the whole remade you already exists. The first step may require tossing out the whole deck you were dealt in life, and remaking the deck, or the entire game/approach to life even, but the potential is there. It is up to the individual to say yes to the process, it is up to the community to be there, to provide the safe support and offer the panoply of ideas, options, healing resources to restore the harm done.

In reflecting on my path, I came up with an outline of the key factors that supported my path – which is my process. I realized, it could be seen as a recipe for thrive, which I would like to share the gyst of, and leave fleshing this out for a journal article, or another book perhaps. May it add to the other stories of other survivors enjoy the land of thrive.

* Commit to the Journey, Let Go, Enjoy that the Support You Need Manifests

*Do not allow the image of victim or survivor becomes your primary sense of self, ego

*Identity, quest for deeper meaning and purpose in your life and let that become your source of "ego" strength.

*Hang out with functional people who are living a life doing what they love to do. These may or may not be people who are interested in what you love to do. Have an active social life and, if at all possible, an active work life.

*Quest for information and understanding while trusting your instinct/gut/intuition.

*Choose whatever healing modalities resonate with you most. Let your intuition be your guide and seek out information where your heart leads.

*Ground into your healing journey and seek support when you need it from other thrivers and survivors.

*Celebrate your small successes and your big successes.

*Make time for being in nature, rest, and beauty.

* When you feel as if you are nearly there – chunk out your memoir.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Re: Recipe/Process for Thrive

Post by felicity on 7/27/2017, 10:18 am

That is so wonderful!!!

I love what you wrote - a lot to think about.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Dymond
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: Recipe/Process for Thrive

Post by Dymond on 8/1/2017, 2:31 pm

Thank you Felicity! Dear sweet you!
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 10/21/2017, 1:16 am