Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

Congrats to those chosen for new DID movie

felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Congrats to those chosen for new DID movie

Post by felicity on 9/3/2017, 10:26 am

For all of you who were chosen by Colin Ross MD to be in new DID movie - you totally rock.

I am so proud of all of you - feel a little slighted that "I" was chosen. Possibly, I am not 'multiple' enough for their needs - don't know.

So good to hear the DID folks are speaking out and telling their stories on film - very healing - I would think.

Keep up the good work - let us know if you are appearing - we are looking forward to hearing from you all.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
manysunshine
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: Congrats to those chosen for new DID movie

Post by manysunshine on 9/3/2017, 10:48 am

What? How cool!! We had no idea! Dang, guess we're not DID enough either. lol. We've only been to his hospital so may times...oh well, no biggie. Congrats to the others.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 9/3/2017, 10:51 am

Well, maybe you got healed now

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
jaded_labyrinth
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by jaded_labyrinth on 9/4/2017, 4:02 am

Congrats !
bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 9/4/2017, 7:12 am

That's pretty cool. I trust Dr Ross will do us proud!
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 9/4/2017, 11:03 am

Are you speaking of our project here in Indiana or the other one?
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 9/4/2017, 11:10 am

us way out here in hte sticks in Or did not know of any of these projects
How many are there and what are they?

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 9/4/2017, 11:22 am

I know of two. The one I got .. there at least 4 involved who got the dx from Collin Ross recently. There is another..
http://iamwemovie.com/

I am NOT involved in "I am We".

Our IRL DID group is involved in a project as well. Our group was all diagnosed DID from Collin Ross. I have no knowledge about the one I mentioned at ALL other than a potential airing on HBO.

There is a difference in the two I know of.

Last edited by earheartdogs on 9/4/2017, 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Addition to post)
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 9/4/2017, 11:27 am

I had no knowledge of "I am We" until last night and that was by chance. As soon as I knew about our project.. I came here seeking the people I knew they were looking for which was here.
I did pass on the information I had.
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 9/4/2017, 11:56 am

thank you..

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 9/4/2017, 12:55 pm

The group called an Infinite Minds is recruiting and such for that movie through their conferences. They also use the DID folks who come to their conferences for 'research subjects' - yikes. So glad that we don't do that - had to clarify that to ppl who thought that we did anything like that. Our forum and conferences are not to benefit us in any way, and we promote safety and privacy for everyone. The idea that 'sharing for the world' is helping others - not true - that is called 'exploitation'. To each their own - Ivory Garden will not be party to encouraging this.

Anyhow, what is the name of the new movie - if not that? I want to see it - when it is ready for viewing. I knew about the project - not the name however.

Oh, and how did he find you? I feel so left out - no one asked me? *pouting* Is there some criteria? I mean - do you have to be dx by him DID?

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 9/4/2017, 1:42 pm

Sorry - didn't mean to sound intrusive - I am just so confused about these movies and research - concerning ppl with DID. Just curious - how do these folks find multiples - well, we know for IM - that group obviously, recruits and exploits right through their group and conferences - but, otherwise, if they don't find you there - how and where? Possibly, do some therapists put you out there for these projects? Help me understand. I don't want to get the totally wrong notion.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 9/4/2017, 1:57 pm

The producer of the project I am participating in contacted Collin Ross. Ivory Garden own Morgan gave the contact information to the producer.
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 9/4/2017, 2:04 pm

Did our therapist put us out there for this project?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!

A person that I know personally had been approached, by a producer. She then passed it on. I passed it here. This was all done word of mouth.

I want to put to rest right away that neither I nor any one of the members of the people doing our project was "recruited". Nope. Didn't happen that way. I have no clue about IM. I am not affiliated with that in any way.

I'm happy to answer what questions I can.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 9/4/2017, 2:30 pm

Ivory Garden own Morgan gave the contact information to the producer.
- what does that mean? I don't understand

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 9/4/2017, 2:48 pm

Morgan has also been involved. She is a side contact. Morgan gave the producer information on Collin Ross.
Did that help?
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 9/5/2017, 9:33 am

Oh, I think the person to ask might be Morgan - she did give me some info - have to go find it again. I am so very confused about this. So, did you find out about it here? Through Morgan?

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 9/5/2017, 3:15 pm

Well, I think that I figured at least some of this out.

Okay, so there is the movie that ISST-D and An Infinite Mind are promoting - the weare... whatever.  Then, there is this project - a TV thing.  So, there is two - and a third production about DID and addiction - completely different from the other 2 - at least, I think so.  Wow - it is a fad to film ppl with DID!!  Who knew.  

Well, if you are DID enough, and can prove it, and you want to be filmed for TV or a movie - just stick your toe out there - and, someone is bound to bite.    And, someone else is going to financially benefit - just like everything else -

Anyhow, congrats to all who have been chosen to appear in whatever production is happening for you.  

(I am lost ).   bounce

Going shopping now.

Last edited by felicity on 9/6/2017, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 9/5/2017, 3:32 pm

really? Three??

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 9/6/2017, 5:14 pm

Yes, I know of three right now.
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 9/6/2017, 5:21 pm

By the way.. being a part of what I am involved in has been more than what i can even write about.
I wonder if people think being a part of a documentary or film is easy in any way.

Esperi
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

Post by Esperi on 9/9/2017, 11:48 pm

Wow!! How can I find out more? (To either watch or contribute my skills) (unless it's not welcome on IG) Congrats you guys who are in it! That is amazing. I hope it does you justice and is everything you wish it to be.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 9/10/2017, 6:22 am

Hmmm, we know that many who are members here are in at lease one of the three that I know about now.

We don't advertise that sort of thing here. We can't be party to recruiting, because we have no idea who the ppl asking are - I get emails all the time where producers and such seeking out DID folks to be in their productions, interviews, podcasts, etc. I have sent most of these ppl to fb or other DID groups who generally like to participate. Right? I mean, if things go badly, I would feel responsible.

I don't know how you find out about being a part of these productions. I get emails trying to recruit, because I am all over the internet and share my email and phone number.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com

Esperi
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

Post by Esperi on 9/10/2017, 8:05 pm

Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks for replying. I wasn't sure what you'd meant by recruiting before. But think I've got the balance right now. It's all good, I can ask in other places if it seems interesting/meaningful again.
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Change

Post by earheartdogs on 9/16/2017, 4:24 pm

I'm not sure if our project is still looking or not. But, it's confined to Southern Indiana driving distance from Evansville Indiana.
It really kind of sucks because there are so many who want to be involved.
I know there is an interview process.. and such. I still have contact information if anyone wants to ask.
Morgan has the same information I do.
I don't think that everyone gets "picked" either. It's not like you are interested therefore you get to be a part of it.
I am not sure how any of the other projects got their participation. I only know a little information about the one I am currently involved in.
Time is quickly running out though.. so if you are in the area I talked about, send me a message and I will give you details on how to proceed.
Cast members are chosen per the direction of the certain individuals. I actually don't understand how or why.
If you want to ask me specific questions out side of this.. it's fine.

Patricia.. I know it sounds like recruiting.. but the project I'm involved in hasn't been like that. I was asked if I wanted to participate. I said yes. Then, I talked to the producers. That's how it came to be. No one "recruited" me.

whisperings
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by whisperings on 10/8/2017, 12:16 am

Even reading this kind of fills me with apprehension. I have only seen movies where DID is glorified or sensationalized. If any of these movies help people, that will be awesome. I have not even arrived at the point of sharing my story with friends, much less the world. I do not want people to always be trying to figure out who I am at the moment. And I don't really want to think about how "DID" I am. I had a doctor tell one of us how we were polyfragmented and had levels of alters we were unaware of due to the ritual abuse. That scared me, scared us, and I am ok with just being a "little DID."
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 10/8/2017, 8:21 am

I am getting very “defensive” about words from people saying different things about films concerning DID.
I really want to say that television “sells” their production no matter if it is documentary or what. Folks have to be interested in it.
Before you all get super excited.. or “longing to be a part of something like this” I need to say that it is harder than you can possibly think.
It might all sound wonderful.. parts of what I’m doing are wonderful.
However.. it’s super scary.. and I now have a new appreciation for anyone doing anything like this.
Before you want to jump all over something like this.. just remember.. that there are things we cannot discuss, and lots of things that have been difficult.
Please support anyone doing any of these.. no matter if you think it’s sensationized or not.
It takes courage and a commitment.. and much more.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 10/8/2017, 8:36 am

@whisperings

Hey, hi -

I don't know if you have been 'around' the net in the past 5 or so years. Things seemed to have changed slowly within the online internet survivor communities.

Other groups have gone from privacy being number one important to promoting 'telling your story to the world' - and, now finally, to encouraging survivors to REALLY not only share, but being proud to put yourself out there 100% by filming your symptoms (parts, how you feel, etc) - and believing that this helps others better understand DID.

I know this can be so triggering for many - because, it is not even sensible. I have watched this happen over the years - and, it does make me feel apprehensive also. I have known a few people who have put themselves on film - thinking that it would be helpful. It wasn't for them. The trauma of the whole thing set them back, and the folks who benefited dropped them completely. After all, they did it by their own choice - signed documents and such.

And, everyone does make their own choices. Here, we continue to do the 'old-fashioned' way - Privacy is most important for everyone. We would never give names to anyone who is 'recruiting' for anything. That has always been our policy - if someone is 'looking for folks' for any reason, they need to go elsewhere. And, I am never fooled - it is so simple - you come here you are safe - you recruit for any reason - and, you need to move on to recruit elsewhere. This is just the IG policy and always has been.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
islandgirl
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by islandgirl on 10/8/2017, 12:33 pm

This is interesting. I've only seen one documentary(I assume this is a documentary?) of a woman who had DID. It was a nine or ten-year recovery. Not complete, though, but it got her to a point where she didn't have child parts come out while driving and such.

Hope it works out and is helpful.

earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 10/8/2017, 5:29 pm

Support is always appreciated for project..
Dymond
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Dymond on 10/8/2017, 5:35 pm

I am all for raising awareness about DID, but for me, the deeper issue is not the DID but the CAUSES of DID. To raise awareness that there are people in the world that harm/torture people, repeatedly, to the degree that the body responds by dissociating in order to respond. Hopefully the film will bring this to light.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 10/8/2017, 6:23 pm

@earheartdogs

I think it important that you understand that people are going to have opinions about this sort of thing - especially, survivors. I don't think that anyone is invalidating 'your' choice at all or not supporting you in your venture.

It is only human for anyone to read about so many upcoming films about DID and feel apprehensive for many reasons. People can support you as a person and possibly, be not support the choice (as within themselves). In other words, they would never do that (so to say). The reasons why they may make one choice or the other has to do with their own situation. For instance, someone who has not been entwined in online groups for many years has not been influenced to believe that 'coming out' on film might be helpful to bringing about a better understand of DID. There is, of course, no evidence that this sort of thing is helpful to anyone. Someone who has been around the net for the past five years may come to believe that them being on film could change the world-thinking that DID is a sensational condition and not understand what is entailed in it all. The very astute may question 'who' is behind these films - who is benefiting, is it exploitation, etc.

So, the support to you is some may feel protective - their support - fear that you might get hurt in the process. Where others may feel that what you are doing will surely change the world. Others may feel that you are being exploited - and, thus hope that things will turn out okay - and, feel anger to those who are exploiting.

So, you can't ask everyone to support 'you' by accepting everything lock and stock and barrel. I think everyone does support 'you' as a person while at the same time having an opinion about this new craze of DID folks appearing on film. We can do both - I think.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 10/9/2017, 5:33 am

i am going into this with wide open eyes. I have absolutely no doubt there will be all kinds of people cheering and also booing.
People have their own ideas about what “sensationalized types” of projects mean.
There was a comment made about being DID enough. It doesn’t have anything to do with how DID you are. Or how a person has a complicated case.
I STILL have no idea why I was chosen. It had nothing to do with the above criteria.
There are definitely differences in the projects.
I’m doing this in a different aspect than you mentioned too. I don’t have views of educated the world. To me.. it was an opportunity I had never done. It is taking me out of my comfort zone into something I have never done. It’s challenging me to meet new people, try new things.
In some sense of the word it is therapeutic. Every person has an idea what that means too. I can only speak for me and my system. Going from a “homebody” to getting out to meet people is challenging.. but it has been therapeutic.
Just the shear meeting people with DID in person had been wonderful but scary. I have been extremely isolated.. and this is my chance to step out and do something..
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 10/9/2017, 5:47 am

@felicity wrote:@earheartdogs

I For instance, someone who has not been entwined in online groups for many years has not been influenced to believe that 'coming out' on film might be helpful to bringing about a better understand of DID.  There is, of course, no evidence that this sort of thing is helpful to anyone.  Someone who has been around the net for the past five years may come to believe that them being on film could change the world-thinking that DID is a sensational condition and not understand what is entailed in it all.  The very astute may question 'who' is behind these films - who is benefiting, is it exploitation, etc.

So, the support to you is some may feel protective - their support - fear that you might get hurt in the process.  Where others may feel that what you are doing will surely change the world.  Others may feel that you are being exploited -

I want to add here and now.. if being a part of this helps only me and my system.. then it has helped someone.
People can have their views of exploitation. That’s fine.
I know for me and my system.. this endeavor has challenged us. Gotten us out of a shell.. and that’s a good thing. So.. in my opinion being part of something like this has helped us.
The people I have also talked to doing I am We movie and the UK production.. have also benefited by participating.
I think it’s all in how you view the word beneficial as well.
I certainly have made progress in many areas I had been Stuck in for years.. that’s what I care about...
I would hope others could understand that
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 10/9/2017, 10:14 am

I am sure that everyone does understand the complexity of it all.

I hope that everyone is able to 'look forward' to the personal consequences of deciding to do such a thing. There are always consequences - positive and negative - I am sure. As you have said.

One really devastating consequence would be for some - affecting their career, the relationship with family, relationship with others - and, mostly relationship with self. Of course, the film may never be seen or be a huge hit - and, everyone sees it - you never know.

Doing something like this is a huge decision - not to be taken light - I would hope.

We do all support you as you complete this project - and of course, anyone else who makes a decision - either way. I just hope that everyone does understand how other ppl's influence is powerful as to what we come to believe and base our decisions and actions.

For instance, who will admire us for going on film - will they be around in 10 years - most likely now - but, we will still be there living with what we said - forever on film. Just something for everyone to consider. Is it worth it to us? We are the one who lives with our action - forever if on film.

I am not trying to talk anyone into or out of anything. Just saying that being 'starstruck' for the moment should not be a reason to act impulsively on something like this - or on anything for that matter. Deciding not to, for now, until putting much time into considering is never a 'bad idea' - but, demonstrates our ability to make good decisions based on fact and how others have dealt with a similar situation. Just mho.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
whisperings
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by whisperings on 10/9/2017, 6:48 pm

@earheartdogs wrote:and this is my chance to step out and do something..

I am glad you have taken a chance to do something and that this is an opportunity for personal growth for you.
whisperings
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by whisperings on 10/9/2017, 6:58 pm

@felicity wrote:

One really devastating consequence would be for some - affecting their career, the relationship with family, relationship with others - and, mostly relationship with self.  Of course, the film may never be seen or be a huge hit - and, everyone sees it - you never know.  

Wat bowt da bad min mis felicity? If da saw us on a movee din da mite kum fin us. Da mite no lik it ifn we talkt bowt wat da did.

dc fur snake
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 10/10/2017, 4:46 am

This is a particularly tough time of year for us. I have .. had major fears of the “bad people” coming.. or finding us too. I’m trying to change that. Do something different and still remain safe. I have my husband who would never let anything happen to me. I have others as backup in case anything might happen. I’m doing this.. because this year could have been so tragic. It’s a huge challenge. It’s also a risk. It’s something I’m facing.
I understand why people have their own misgivings.. and suspicions. I have them too.
What if though.. just what if.. this turns out to be something completely positive for those of us few who are involved in this??
The potential consequences..
Carreer? What job? I don’t have one. My husband does but his is stable.. and I don’t fear him loosing it. That could happen to anyone at anytime despite doing this kind of project.
Relationships.. heck .. I don’t consider myself having many friends. My husband and I have been through sooooo much. Go ahead throw another punch at us.. we shall punch back hard .. and come out stronger than ever. Relationship with self(s)..I honestly think this hasn’t been anything bad. We are learning how to work together more as a system..
I understand the concern..
There are many that our little IRL group has. We discussed them at great length.
Whether hot.. not.. what.. I don’t care. Really. Seriously. This for me and my system has been a change..
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 10/10/2017, 9:17 am

dc,

Don't worry - we just talking about stuff - okay? You are safe.

I know it is a difficult topic for sure. We worry for other ppl, but everyone is different. I am sure that you and many others would never consider being on a film for safety reasons. The only good reason for 'coming forward' would be if someone wanted to go to court to put bad men away in jail. Most survivors just want to heal and get back to life. Some don't have bad men after them at all.

I am leery of someone recruiting for DID people just because I know that they are doing so for their own benefit - not for the survivor. That is obvious. I mean, all survivors have as much to offer as someone with DID - right? But, when they only want multiples?

If you are worried that someone will ask you to be in a film - no, that simply should never happen. Don't worry about that - okay? If anyone is asked to appear on film, because they have DID - they have been way too open and have actually put themselves out there to be asked - again, everyone's decision of how open to be.

Also, the producers of these films generally want ppl with DID to demonstrate their behavior - like show their parts and such - rather than talk about their abusers or their experiences with abuse. I have never seen one where they gave names of abusers at all. Though it is always mentioned that abuse and trauma causes a person to have DID.

Anyhow, you don't have to worry about this - I find the history of how folks with DID are now coming forward to tell their story interesting. Some 15 years ago, everyone wanted to write a book to tell their story - which is fine, because the author gains some financial benefit from their hard work, and the book is 'their' story without influence from outsiders. Things move faster these days. It can take years to write a book - only a few minutes to sign a contract to appear in a movie.

Anyhow, everyone is different - as we already know. I go to great lengths to advocate for survivors - which can be difficult sometimes -

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
earheartdogs
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by earheartdogs on 10/10/2017, 2:51 pm

I’m sure of one thing.. our IRL DID group is awesome. Totally awesome.
All here.. outstanding. I don’t have enough words..

MorganLeFay
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by MorganLeFay on 11/20/2017, 1:02 pm

I hope it goes ok for you.
It is unnerving to think of recruitment. I think that education would be helpful but agree that it has to be done carefully.
MorganLeFay
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by MorganLeFay on 11/20/2017, 1:06 pm

also, I truly hope this project is beneficial for education and not just something for people to look at and be "amazed" by. I think education about abuse and the long terms effects of abuse may be more beneficial. But even then, unfortunately, the public loves a "good" horror story so it has to be done ever so carefully.
This a fine line that is scary to think about.
I would leave this group in a heart beat if I thought people in it might be approached to do a movie!
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/21/2017, 12:02 pm

@MorganLeFay

I am very sensitive to this issue (as you may have noticed).

I receive tons of emails and have for over a decade - ppl making movies, wanting to come to the conferences, etc. - clearly trying to recruit our members asking me to promote them here. My answer is ALWAYS an adamant "NO!" Even for research projects - I refuse to promote and/or recruit members for anything at all. I have made this clear - and, it is in our 'terms of service' that no member from here should be recruiting - even for other sites or groups. I have posted again and again for members to report to me if this happens here, as well as 'safety on the internet' posts.

My position on this is that - of course, people are looking for DID people to exploit - why else would they ONLY be looking for folks with DID on sites like this? I don't know the ppl who are recruiting (now, prominent sites and organizations doing it) - and, I don't trust them - certainly, not enough for me to put myself out there - if there is even a slight chance that it might hurt even one member.

This is happening right now out there - particularly on social media groups and nonprofits who are recruiting at conferences and such. But, we DO NOT and DON'T support them.

I (and IG directors) agree on this point.

Now, if others (who belong here) want to partake - I have no judgement there. But, I do want to make it clear that it should never be presumed that I support anyone exploiting survivors in any way - for obvious reasons. We go to great lengths to protect the privacy of our members. I do not encourage folks to 'tell their stories' - unless that is their choice to do so (without being influenced).

And, I am not paranoid (as some have stated about me). I think that many, many survivors would agree with my position.

We have been here for over a decade - and, past members may have negative to say about me, but they can never accuse me of exploiting folks with DID.

And, I also am offended at how these films and such portray folks with DID - I certainly have never presented as these shows portray us. But, then - they would not be 'interesting' or 'entertainment' - just saying.

We at IG will NEVER change our position on this. I so do understand your apprehension - and, I hope that anyone is recruited from here will immediately contact me.

Thanks for your post.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
MorganLeFay
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by MorganLeFay on 11/21/2017, 5:51 pm

Thanks
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/22/2017, 9:09 am

Your welcome - and, I know that our members - and others - put their trust in me based on my decades of experience on the net and such. I would never misuse my position to encourage anyone to do anything - nor would I attempt to stand in the way of decisions that folks make on their own. I only wish to provide safe places where people can interact and such.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 11/24/2017, 4:16 pm