Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

Thinking about you today

bluedreamwoman
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Thinking about you today

Post by bluedreamwoman on 10/18/2017, 8:59 am

We are thinking about everyone who is getting ready for the conference today.... Thinking about Felicity and Lora and other people who are in Seattle getting ready, and for all the people who will travel to the conference, getting ready—
Yay!
This will be the first conference I will attend, and I am excited. We know it will be lovely.

Bdw & Bdkids

islandgirl
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Re: Thinking about you today

Post by islandgirl on 10/18/2017, 2:23 pm

Hey, I can't wait to meet everyone. This is my first conference too! See you there:)
jaded_labyrinth
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by jaded_labyrinth on 10/18/2017, 5:16 pm

oh i wish we were going !!! hoping to be able to try next year :) :)

have fun and stay safe !!
TeamMe
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by TeamMe on 10/18/2017, 6:04 pm

Hey, BDW! Good to see you.
I am too terrified to go. Makes it too real.

Kay
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 10/18/2017, 8:50 pm

Aww, thank you. We went to the hotel today and brought lots of stuff. Tomorrow - packing, and cooking, and Costco.

Tonight - also - pampering, toenails, fingernails - lol - and..... some rest - see you all tomorrow!!!

Krathyn will be here for you all.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 10/19/2017, 2:20 am

It's 4:20am CST. I'm getting my final preparations together to catch the plane.,...
islandgirl
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by islandgirl on 10/19/2017, 8:13 am

Hi everyone, I'm leaving my house at around 10:30. My flight is at 1:30. See you soon!:)
bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 10/19/2017, 11:09 am

I hate Denver airport!!! Got lost and almost (within 3minutes) missed my flight. My sweat quotient was 98%.

But I’m now here in Seattle. Ready to start
islandgirl
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by islandgirl on 10/19/2017, 11:56 am

I'm still waiting to board! I don't like airports either .
Andee Jaide & Cohorts

Anxiety rising for the conference

Post by Andee Jaide & Cohorts on 10/19/2017, 10:21 pm

We are finally managing to attend this conference, but the anxiety of knowing no one here for sure is taking it's toll. We haven't been able to be on IG for financial reasons, but have known of IG for years and this conference since the beginning. We're in a different hotel ($) so not getting the possibility of meeting others though we have been in town since 1 this afternoon- it has not made for a very good day :/ Most of us are super shy and all of us hide, but we so want to find others. I keep telling us all that tomorrow will be better and boy do I hope I'm right.

Andee
bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 10/20/2017, 6:42 pm

Andee-I hope you find this. I'm Barbara and I sure would like to visit. I'm still consider myself a newbie to DID. My life has changed for the better because of it. I'd like to share our lives. It helps ..

bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 10/20/2017, 6:43 pm

Islandgirl.... Where are you?????
islandgirl
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by islandgirl on 10/22/2017, 8:26 pm

.hi there! Just saw this. I'm in my hotel room. Just ate dinner. Going home tomorrow.
bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 10/22/2017, 8:35 pm

So....sorry.....I missed ....you.....
Sigh.

I’m off site helping with moving stuff from Radisson to Felicity’s House
islandgirl
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by islandgirl on 10/22/2017, 8:37 pm

Awwww,I was Isabela. Maybe we met? So sorry too. Back home to Canada tomorrow.
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 10/23/2017, 6:26 am

i was sorry i missed it this yeear

lots of peoopplle from far away this year,

ii aall have alwayys gone;
D___cancer!

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
islandgirl
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by islandgirl on 10/23/2017, 11:52 am

Hey everyone.im at the Seattle airport waiting around. I'm currently at the Starbucks areas
bluedreamwoman
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by bluedreamwoman on 10/23/2017, 6:55 pm

Islandgirl, I looked for you at the airport, but didn't see you. I was at Gate 20 when I wasn't wandering around. It was great to talk to you today at the conference. I'm glad we connected. And I loved seeing pictures of your waterfall and your son.
bluedreamwoman
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by bluedreamwoman on 10/23/2017, 6:57 pm

Andee, did things get better for you? I really hope things got better for you at the conference. I think we might have met and talked briefly... did we?
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 10/23/2017, 7:23 pm

i was sorry i missed it this yeear

lots of peoopplle from far away this year,

ii aall have alwayys gone;
D___cancer!

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
bluedreamwoman
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by bluedreamwoman on 10/23/2017, 8:58 pm

Krathyn,
We thought about you and wished you were there. I hope we both will be able to go next time.

bdw & bdkids
bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 10/30/2017, 1:57 pm

Let me add my "I missed you too) D*** cancer
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 10/30/2017, 7:01 pm

I saw all of you - what a treat.

Islandgirl - I didn't know who you were until the very last day, but talked to you a ton - how strange to talk to you and not know who you were here.

@krathyn - we missed you sooooo much - everyone did. I will be posting a bunch of pictures soon.

The conference went so well - only good remarks and lots of testimonials I will have to put together. We did actually sell out this year - wow!

@bpoppe1953 ,. you were such a huge help -

I am sad to say goodbye to you all - there were about 50 ppl from this forum there - and, some - sadly couldn't make it this year.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
bluedreamwoman
5,000+ Posts
5,000+ Posts

Post by bluedreamwoman on 10/30/2017, 8:21 pm

Felicity,

I'm already looking at airplane tickets online, and as soon as you plan the next conference, I'll be getting ready to go.....

It really was excellent! Thank you for all your work!

Bdw & Bdkids
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 10/31/2017, 8:31 am

We are still thinking about next year - not sure when or what we are going to do.

I wanted to say that I am so glad that everyone made it home safely. I have been thinking of everyone since the conference.

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
islandgirl
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by islandgirl on 10/31/2017, 4:12 pm

Hi Felicity! I kept asking you questions about how to get to here or there or where to find a cafe latte! I couldn't find one...Lol... until you found someone to show me how to find the transit and get to the downtown area did I finally find a latte! I was so thrilled that day too! I was shy, and finally, decided that none of you can read my mind so I spoke up that last day..hahaha.
So glad I did!
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/1/2017, 3:16 pm

So good to come on and read what people say about the conference/ I am sure next year i will come and have a good time and hopefully meet everyone i didn't get a chance to meet this year .
I was in the hospital twice and have not gone very far at all.
I got home yesterday (on Halloween) and am working on getting my strength back.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
bpoppe1953
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by bpoppe1953 on 11/2/2017, 6:45 am

Ahh-The conference

You know there are always unsung heroes. Nora, Sue and Mary Anne (Who I still want to call Marilyn..) All I'll say is that some of these ladies are 'of a certain age' yet tirelessly did the grunt work so that everyone had a fantastic time. Slinging heavy boxes like they were filled with Kleenex.

Speaking of Kleenex. Whoa! I caught a terrible cold the Friday after the conference. It was a six-boxer cold! I'm on the other side of it now.

This is the joke I texted to my therapist when I texted her about canceling appt.

Me: I have a terrible cold.

T: It's all in your head.

groan and drum beat
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/2/2017, 7:35 am

Aww, I am sorry that you got sick. I was taking overdoses of Airborne - as I do every year - always feeling that I am fighting a cold - and still, I am getting lots of rest, drinking fluids and taking Airborne - right on the verge.

I am glad that you are on the other side of it - have wondered where you are if you are sick. You worked so very hard - as did others. We are sending you healing thoughts.

Glad that your t has a good sense of humor -

Drink fluids, relax, drink some tea - etc. We can come sit with you if you like.

So you all know, the conference was a success (overall) - best year yet - as folks report to me. We have never had so much positive feedback - that is because of everyone's participation. And NO drama - can't get better than that - right?

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Gelsey
Less than 100 posts
Less than 100 posts

Post by Gelsey on 11/2/2017, 8:32 am

We are so glad we could go to the conference and meet everyone.  One thing about us that is not so good is that we are not good at remembering things always and so here we are wondering who is who on the forum.  
Sometimes the awareness is vague in our system.  I the host who is sometimes out front am trying to figure it all out.

We are working on getting it together. Maybe we have to fall apart to rebuild on a stronger base. Don't know.

I do know that I look forward to the next conference too and thank you all wholeheartedly for being a part of this healing journey.
Everyone was so very kind and we are truly grateful.
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/2/2017, 11:11 am

It is hard - because we know folks here, but can never seem to put names together and then, some change their usernames here - :)

And, we do believe that everyone has the right to privacy - that's why I am so careful about taking pictures and such. It is fun too to just get to know ppl - and, a special surprise when we do find out that we actually know them from here

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 11/2/2017, 8:23 pm

so glad to see all the comments.

wishing you well-

krathyn148@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 11/3/2017, 10:09 am

Well, we have booked in Anchorage for May 5th and possibly, the 4th also at the 'Center' in Anchorage. This venue is absolutely beautiful. We are working on setting up special rates for hotel - also. And, speakers, topic, and such. Give me time to get this all setup. It will be amazing as always. It looks like the flights are as low as or equal to most coming to Seattle. The venue has more room as well as accommodations. There will be shuttles to the hotel as well as - for most - shuttles to the 'Center' - we just have to get it all arranged.

As always, once we figure out our budget, I will be able to post the registration donations needed - and such.

We generally don't promote the 'seminar' until we have everything arranged, but many are asking for the date now. We do have the date and venue locked in - so wanted to share that with you. You can see the venue online - here http://www.centerak.org/ Oh, and we will be able to serve an amazing lunch - I am soooo excited.

I have my work cut out for me now -

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA

felicity4us2@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 11/24/2017, 4:14 pm