Ivory Garden Dissociative Identity Disorder Group
is a private community.

Please Apply.

Visit site

Search Entire Site

Community Updates

Our Goal

OUR GOAL

To provide a unique environment where folks who have experienced trauma can openly and safely talk. We strive to respect, validate, and learn from each other.

ACHIEVING OUR GOAL

Achieving our goal requires cooperative collaboration amongst members and staff. Members posts remain appropriate and relevant to topics. Terms of Service are clearly posted to help members maintain the dignity of the board. Members of this group are at a stage in their healing to independently regulate their own behavior, as well as keeping themselves safe while on the forums. Staff regularly monitor posts and replies to ensure the board remains a safe and comfortable environment of learning for everyone.

As a friendly and kind community, we validate each other as equally special and significant.

These forums are active and the community not too large or too small - about 400 post per day. There are many forums on different topics. The topics range in subject matter also. You are welcome to interact as you feel comfortable.

This is a safe place for members. We encourage building coping skills, learning from each other and material shared. We discourage sharing explicit memories of past abuse. We feel that processing memories be done with professionals. There are no practicing therapists on these forums. Therefore, topics that call for therapist type responses are discouraged.

Feel free to look around. Realize that, as a guest, your view of the forums is minimal. These forums are otherwise private to the public view and/or search engines.

We have literally hundreds of articles and provide workshops for everyone. Please feel free to email me anytime with questions. I am also providing a tutorial that should help with navigating our site.

The very best to you,
Felicity Lee
"owner"
felicity4us2@gmail.com

• Reply to topic

I'm sorry I'm not helping IG

Sals Pals
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

I'm sorry I'm not helping IG

Post by Sals Pals on 4/5/2018, 5:48 pm

Hey. I just want to say I'm sorry that I'm such a ditz these days. Since that bipolar event that went on for months last winter I haven't recovered.

Do you think I'll always be like this? I honestly can't think straight, my thoughts jam all the time.

I used to help on the board but now I can't. I'm so sorry I can't do stuff for IG like I want to.

I hope this goes away sometime soon. I don't like not having control of my mind and emotions.
Dymond
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: I'm sorry I'm not helping IG

Post by Dymond on 4/6/2018, 11:19 am

Sals Pals - the day will come when you have energy to give - I am confident of that. No need to apologize for not giving in the way you used to. This space, in my experience, is a beautiful balance of giving and receiving and sharing knowledge. Perhaps it is time for you to receive. Hope things come back towards balance for you rapidly.
krathyn
krathyn
krathyn

Post by krathyn on 4/6/2018, 12:01 pm

agreeing with Dymond's post 100%.
You have done a lot in the past,, you will do a lot more in the future, and right now is time to enjoy being the recipient of support and hope.
There will be plenty to do when you feel ready.
You don't have to apologize, we value you for who you are, not what you do.

wishing you well-
Krathyn, Sebastian, Strawberry, Easebeth, Petrea
Krathyn of We5:    we accept all intentions of support--

krathyn148@gmail.com
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 4/6/2018, 4:04 pm

Right on - that is totally correct. We have been here like 11 years now - wow - doesn't seem like it.

There is a wonderful balance here. People step in and help when it is 'fun' for them - you know. And, hard times happen, and we all understand and step forward to support. We certainly don't want anyone feeling guilty or anything - cuz that's not what we are about. And, we don't want anyone feeling like they 'have' to come or be here - cuz that's not what we are about either.

I know that I would not even go anywhere were there are any expectations of me or my time - or where I felt controlled at all. That's just me.

We are very proud of IG - all of us - and, what we have accomplished - we are still here for each other - no one has walked away no matter what - we treat everyone fairly - and, we always do have plenty of help - and, it is all volunteer. That is amazing - I think.

And, you are correct - when the IG was very busy - it was a life-saver to have you help so much. I couldn't even keep track of all of the new members and such - you have always been a blessing. Thank you much - and, anytime that you feel like you want to help out, you are so welcome to - and, you don't have to feel like guilty if you have hard times - we all do sooooo understand!!

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
Sals Pals
1,000+ Posts
1,000+ Posts

Post by Sals Pals on 4/7/2018, 8:55 am

Oh gosh, you all are so wonderful! I didn't realize I might need support right now - I'm too likely to push through, but I can't. Don't need to be a drain. It's weird, but sometimes I just can't type. Is there a way to verbally respond to comments? Wow, that would be awesome.

When it's really busy here, I used to check the posts what had no responses to no one felt left alone. I'll go back to doing that since I can usually do it.

Love you all - hope that's OK to say. If not, please erase it.

Looking for Spring! That usually helps. I hate being closed in the house.

SP
felicity
Felicity Lee
Felicity Lee

Post by felicity on 4/7/2018, 10:27 am

Oh, yes - express freely.

I used to always say - people come when they need support - that's why it is called a support forum

The sunshine does seem to help so much, doesn't it - though I like hibernating in the winter, it is so nice to feel the sun on us - hmmm, that would be cool - verbal responses. You can, though use your device - the mic part - and it will type just fine into these little boxes.

Don't miss the Ivory Garden Conference this year!!

https://igdid.org
Who is Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation?

https://ivorygardensite.com/

Contact Pat Goodwin, MA
President: Ivory Garden Nonprofit Corporation

felicity4us2@gmail.com
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 8/17/2018, 12:56 am